Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? (7499 Views)

Mourinho To Become The Highest Paid Manager In Premier League History! / Barcelona Centre-half Gerard Pique Is The Best Defender In The World. / Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by temmytanny(m): 8:11pm On May 05, 2010
@dayokanu
the people u mentioned dint move to smaller clubs and were never pushed out or sold cheaply like dunne.dunne was benched for a Defensive midfielder(Kompany)even onouha benched him b4 he was sold so wat are we saying.

CITY today is bigger than Aston villa money and pedigree wise

think twice b4 u post next time
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 8:50pm On May 05, 2010
dyabman:

Oh yes hes a striker ,and i think he has scored 20 goals in Chelseas 20 start . . . good record, right? FOOL!

Yoruba man who b ur best df of epl 2009/10? You just dey here dey critisize oda people's post. Who give u mouth? Abeg no tym 4 ur blatant rubbish critics, angry angry
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by cantab(m): 9:06pm On May 05, 2010
Vermaleen has been exceptional despite Arsenal's sloppy performance this term, He gets my vote .
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On May 05, 2010
Pedigree wise Ajax is bigger than Assanal
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by temmytanny(m): 10:15pm On May 05, 2010
@dayokanu

i told you in my last post to think very well b4 posting but u never listen.

when was the last time ajax made impact in the UCL?

how much do they make yearly?

how many world stars do they have?

where would player that wants to make name for him self or play competitive football play? arsenal or ajax?

u can say ajax have won UCL and arsenal not but present pedigree .ajax is no where near arsenal.

i could see that u reside in USA where its all about american football.here in naija its about soccer and not football.

we eat,drink and play football in naija.

think twice b4 u post next one cos i will stil floor you
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 05, 2010
Some of una dey spine BS, Bale just came on form recently and he is now the best Defender? and mind you he has done well as a LW not as a LB, Dune was good at the beginning of the season but just fade away as the season went further, Rio has not been playing regularly due to injury,Vidic due to the injury earlier the season,he was inconsistent but still a very good defender. Dawson is presently on form now. Terry has been up down up down.

If i am going for the Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10 (Not minding whether a CB,LB,RB) it has to be Evra,he has played all United games this season and has been consistent. END OF!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by kafanchan: 10:30pm On May 05, 2010
I ll vote Vermalean because he has been outstanding for Arsenal this season. Most goals Arsenal conceded this season are not from his fault. He also scores goals (less than 30 mins into his Premier league debut - Am I right?). His goals against Olympiakos, Bolton and Blackburn were crucial. If not Vermalean , then it is Evra.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by temmytanny(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2010
i concore with you safex

evra played last three matches with injury and sickness.he even vomitted on the field against spurs.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by davidif: 12:35am On May 06, 2010
MICHAEL DAWSON
RICHARD DUNNE
THOMAS VERMAELEN.

Vermalaen is crap just a little better than Silvestre.

Dunne is the best

dayokannu
You obviously know nothing about football. All the analysts call him one of the best defenders in the league.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 2:11am On May 06, 2010
You all say you know something about football

when was the last time ajax made impact in the UCL?

Ajax won the CL in 1995, when was the last time Arsenal won the Champions league. I am sure you know absolutely nothing about European football, Just stick to drinking paraga.

i could see that u reside in USA where its all about american football.here in naija its about soccer and not football.

we eat,drink and play football in naija.

I have more football knowledge in my shirt button than you have in your whole lineage.

dayokannu
You obviously know nothing about football. All the analysts call him one of the best defenders in the league.

Only analysts who just watch football highlights would call Vermalaen top draw. He has the worst positioning in the whole premiership. Less than a year into his premiership career he has jined Drogbas growing list of whores

Vermalen’s positioning has been suspect. In fact, it’s been more than suspect, it’s been very poor. The most frustrating thing is that he keeps making the same mistake – he comes too far up the pitch to challenge for the ball, and leaves a huge space in the centre of defence for an opposition forward to exploit.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/04/09/thomas-vermaelen-arsenal-positional-errors/
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by temmytanny(m): 6:23am On May 06, 2010
@dayokanu

have always told you to think well b4 posting and i guess you were blind or myopic while reading my post.i never said arsenal won UCL.where in ur own record of european football did u see arsenal win UCL?it shows u stil know nothing about the game.

you posted a quoted comment about vermeleen laspes.it shows you only read but u dont reason. how many goals were scored tru vermeleen lapses or errors this season?
who told you arsenal play uses zonal making in defence?
how am i sure u aint the owner of the qouted site?

you are really dump in ur analysis and u need some one to enlighten about soccer not football.most EPL matches are played at almost same afternoon time in naija but very early morning in US and i guess that is respomsible for ur poor judgement on vermeleen.never pick a site to defend a player.

visit sites,i mean good soccer sites(not football) and great analyst like danny murphy ,trevor .lawry,myles ,chong and co b4 concluding.

vermeleen was voted one of the best defender by panel of analysts who have been watching,studying and eating football b4 you were born so dont misjudge .

my best and most respected defender wasnt even on the list but dat doesnt mean i should criticised the list.infact the guy plays for the team i hate most in the EPL but i stil hail him cos he is one of the best we can find in his position.you are putting sentiment in ur judgement and its quiet sad for a football follower(sorry soccer)like you

pls pls think b4 you post again cos i will stil floor you!

lastly paraga is far better than igbo that you,dayokanu take or traffic in US
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by temmytanny(m): 6:31am On May 06, 2010
@dayokanu.

did you read the responses in the qouted site?

even the so called lapses werent his fault but the defender that partnered him.

pls pls think twice wen qouting sites again, igbo master
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 9:43am On May 06, 2010
temmytanny:

@dayokanu

have always told you to think well b4 posting and i guess you were blind or myopic while reading my post.i never said arsenal won UCL.where in your own record of european football did u see arsenal win UCL?it shows u stil know nothing about the game.

you posted a quoted comment about vermeleen laspes.it shows you only read but u dont reason. how many goals were scored tru vermeleen lapses or errors this season?
who told you arsenal play uses zonal making in defence?
how am i sure u aint the owner of the qouted site?

you are really dump in your analysis and u need some one to enlighten about soccer not football.most EPL matches are played at almost same afternoon time in naija but very early morning in US and i guess that is respomsible for your poor judgement on vermeleen.never pick a site to defend a player.

visit sites,i mean good soccer sites(not football) and great analyst like danny murphy ,trevor .lawry,myles ,chong and co b4 concluding.

vermeleen was voted one of the best defender by panel of analysts who have been watching,studying and eating football b4 you were born so dont misjudge .

my best and most respected defender wasnt even on the list but dat doesnt mean i should criticised the list.infact the guy plays for the team i hate most in the EPL but i stil hail him cos he is one of the best we can find in his position.you are putting sentiment in your judgement and its quiet sad for a football follower(sorry soccer)like you

pls pls think b4 you post again cos i will stil floor you!

lastly paraga is far better than igbo that you,dayokanu take or traffic in US
grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by unijoscod(m): 10:08am On May 06, 2010
M.sivestre of arsenal eno easy defender to do one two pass wit messi.he first game 4 arsenal u nor see he beautiful own goal
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by myke1759(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2010
john terrry is the best, no doubt!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by heartrate(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2010
for me is like this RB Ivanovic LB P/Evra CB Vermelan CB Vidic
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by comechop(m): 1:47pm On May 06, 2010
Way tooooooooooo many clowns on this thread. Una no get job??

And where are these NL mods sef? Make una wake up and make some kind of poll or something.

For me defense as been abysmal this season in the epl. Evra, verma, dunne, etc have had lapses.

If I had to pick i'd say DROGBA cheesy
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Olalimits(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2010
Vermealen is the best wif a wide margin! Who's Dunne? F**k him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by chic2pimp(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

This is why the best team in Serie A has conceded 31 league goals.
Higher than what Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Steve McClaren's FC Twente have conceded all season.
Serie A defenders ma backside. . . . . .The same Serie A defenders Rooney and JS Park sodomised without condoms few months ago?
It's one thing doing in the Overrated EPL, it's quite another showing your skill level on the international stage.
And as we all know one league has an unbeatable record of doing just that while the other well. . . . . .

tkb417:

chic2 love-vendor is a total disgrace
So says the scummie LMFAO grin grin grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Ibomade1: 6:44pm On May 06, 2010
The Big Sol Campbell grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 6:50pm On May 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

It's one thing doing in the Overrated EPL, it's quite another showing your skill level on the international stage.
And as we all know one league has an unbeatable record of doing just that while the other well. . . . . .

Which international stage?
The Inter team that made you utter this statement don't even have any Italian player in their defence.
AC Milan were turned inside out by Wazza. . . . . .Fulham molested Juventus and reh reh reh so what are you on about?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by chic2pimp(m): 7:01pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Which international stage?
The Inter team that made you utter this statement don't even have any Italian player in their defence.
AC Milan were turned inside out by Wazza. . . . . .Fulham molested Juventus and reh reh reh so what are you on about?
When I say International stage, I am not only talking about the champs lge you know, also worldcups and European championships.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 7:03pm On May 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

When I say International stage, I am not only talking about the champs lge you know, also worldcups and European championships.

So you are saying Italian teams have the better defence unit or Italian players are better at defending?
Abi which kind opaks you dey yarn?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by chic2pimp(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

So you are saying Italian teams have the better defence unit or Italian players are better at defending?
Abi which kind opaks you dey yarn?
Well both to be quite honest.
Even players from other countries become better defenders once they step foot in Serie A.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 7:18pm On May 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

Well both to be quite honest.
Even players from other countries become better defenders once they step foot in Serie A.

I didn't see that quality when Rooney ran riot against Milan.
I also didn't see it when Ronaldo molested Inter Defence last season.
The whole Italian thingy is an old cliche. . . .Other leagues got better.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by chic2pimp(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

I didn't see that quality when Rooney ran riot against Milan.
I also didn't see it when Ronaldo molested Inter Defence last season.
The whole Italian thingy is an old cliche. . . .Other leagues got better.
Keep deceiving yourself.
The proof is in the pudding.
Ronaldo molested Inter the same way Olic molested you lot home and away.
We can list the amount of Great defenders both leagues have had over years and they'll be only one winner.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 8:11pm On May 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

Keep deceiving yourself.
The proof is in the pudding.
Ronaldo molested Inter the same way Olic molested you lot home and away.
We can list the amount of Great defenders both leagues have had over years and they'll be only one winner.

Olic scored 2 goals against Man Utd.
Nani scored 2 goals against Bayern.

Rooney scored 4 goals against Milan. . . .i know which one qualifies as MOLESTATION. grin grin grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by davidif: 12:53am On May 07, 2010
dayokannu

IT IS WENGER'S TACTICS THAT THERE CENTRAL DEFENDERS PLAY HIGH UP THE PITCH TO SUPPORT THE ATTACK AND PUT UNRELENTING PRESSURE ON THE OTHER TEAM THAT IS WHY ALL ARSENAL PLAYERS INCLUDING THE CENTRE BACKS MUST BE VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE BALL AND THAT IS WHY WENGER WOULD NEVER BUY A PLAYER LIKE BREDE HANGELAND WHO IS THE BEST DEFENDER IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE SIMPLY BECAUSE HE DOESN'T FIT OUR STYLE. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT ARSENAL IS NOT A "CATENNACCIO" (DEFENSIVE) TEAM LIKE INTER MILAN OR MOURINHO'S CHELSEA THAT IS BUILT NOT TO CONCEDE GOALS. ARSENAL IS A TEAM BUILT TO SCORE BY GETTING EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN THE ATTACK. IN THOSE OTHER TEAMS, STOPPING THE OPPONENT FROM SCORING IS PRIMARY WHILE SCORING IS NEXT. AT ARSENAL ATTACKING IS PRIMARY, THEY BELIEVE THE BEST WAY TO STOP A TEAM IS STOP THEM FROM GETTING THE BALL, THAT'S WHAT WE CALL POSSESSION FOOTBALL, WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE COUNTER ATTACKING FOOTBALL THAT OTHER TEAMS PLAY.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by davidif: 1:50am On May 07, 2010
WHY IS NO ONE MENTIONING BREDE HANGELAND[color=#006600][/color] WHO HAS BEEN JUST AS GOOD AS NEMANJA VIDIC FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS ONLY A LOT LESS INJURY PRONE.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by DrKitaun(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2010
Temmytanny

u have nothing on DK, quit whilst u have a last chance . . .
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by chelseabmw(m): 8:09am On May 07, 2010
Best defender for me is John Terry
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by temmytanny(m): 8:13am On May 07, 2010
@ Dr K,
can u pls come to my level?wat do u mean by last chance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Best Player 2010(Lionel Messi);Do You Agree With Fifa? / Manchester City Vs Marseille : UCL (3 - 0) On 9th December 2020 / Blackburn Rovers Vs Arsenal [1 - 2] On Saturday 28th August 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.