Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? (7498 Views)

Mourinho To Become The Highest Paid Manager In Premier League History! / Barcelona Centre-half Gerard Pique Is The Best Defender In The World. / Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by richjohn1(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2010
Dayokanu is the most controversial poster on the sports section, he significantly diverts thread and argues awkwardly with his 'Bayern's way of reasoning. I think he should be ignored grin

Thanks Sauron you always impress me wink

@OP Don't know who to chose between Vermaleen and Hangeland, My heart says Vermaleen anyway I really like his style of play.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by SeanLewis(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2010
davidif:

dayokannu

IT IS WENGER'S TACTICS THAT THERE CENTRAL DEFENDERS PLAY HIGH UP THE PITCH TO SUPPORT THE ATTACK AND PUT UNRELENTING PRESSURE ON THE OTHER TEAM THAT IS WHY ALL ARSENAL PLAYERS INCLUDING THE CENTRE BACKS MUST BE VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE BALL AND THAT IS WHY WENGER WOULD NEVER BUY A PLAYER LIKE BREDE HANGELAND WHO IS THE BEST DEFENDER IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE SIMPLY BECAUSE HE DOESN'T FIT OUR STYLE. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT ARSENAL IS NOT A "CATENNACCIO" (DEFENSIVE) TEAM LIKE INTER MILAN OR MOURINHO'S CHELSEA THAT IS BUILT NOT TO CONCEDE GOALS. ARSENAL IS A TEAM BUILT TO SCORE BY GETTING EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN THE ATTACK. IN THOSE OTHER TEAMS, STOPPING THE OPPONENT FROM SCORING IS PRIMARY WHILE SCORING IS NEXT. AT ARSENAL ATTACKING IS PRIMARY, THEY BELIEVE THE BEST WAY TO STOP A TEAM IS STOP THEM FROM GETTING THE BALL, THAT'S WHAT WE CALL POSSESSION FOOTBALL, WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE COUNTER ATTACKING FOOTBALL THAT OTHER TEAMS PLAY.
cool cool cool cool TRUE TALK
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by mendax: 5:08pm On May 07, 2010
KING - spurs
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by chic2pimp(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2010
~Sauron~:

Olic scored 2 goals against Man Utd.
Nani scored 2 goals against Bayern.

Rooney scored 4 goals against Milan. . . .i know which one qualifies as MOLESTATION. grin grin grin
It's one thing to be molested by the likes of Ronaldo,Rooney,Kaka,Messi,Xavi however it's quite another to be R, a.p.e.d by the likes of Olic.
It's a f, u.c.k.i.n.g disgrace!!!. grin grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On May 07, 2010
Dayokanu is the most controversial poster on the sports section, he significantly diverts thread and argues awkwardly with his 'Bayern's way of reasoning. I think he should be ignored

The Bayern way of reasoning involves being in the treble chase in Mid May abi?
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by Sauron1: 6:22pm On May 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

It's one thing to be molested by the likes of Ronaldo,Rooney,Kaka,Messi,Xavi however it's quite another to be R, a.p.e.d by the likes of Olic.
It's a f, u.c.k.i.n.g disgrace!!!. grin grin

What about being sodomised by Michael Carrick when he ran riot in the Roma(Italian) defence with 7-1 score-line in 90 mins?
Isn't that a bigger act of SODOMY? grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by folahann(m): 10:38pm On May 07, 2010
talking about defenders in general, premier league's got very good full backs in Evra, Sagna, A. Cole, young Rafael, Clichy. Ivanovic is another good defender who can also play center. Glen Johnson used to be a good right before L'pool move.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by folahann(m): 10:42pm On May 07, 2010
Dayokanu is the most controversial poster on the sports section, he significantly diverts thread and argues awkwardly with his 'Bayern's way of reasoning. I think he should be ignored
Y'all know dayokanu hates premier league, all his posts are influenced by this hatred.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by davidif: 1:07pm On May 08, 2010
[size=18pt]BREDE HANGELAND[/size]
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by allboyz(m): 5:35pm On May 08, 2010
Dunne + TV5!!!
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by hayyah(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2010
Thomas Vermaelen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by dipo2much(m): 10:06pm On May 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

What about being sodomised by Michael Carrick when he ran riot in the Roma(Italian) defence with 7-1 score-line in 90 mins?
Isn't that a bigger act of SODOMY? grin grin grin grin

Must you always used the word sodomised
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by tobounty(m): 1:24pm On May 15, 2010
john terry for sure.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by fivefinger(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2010
gallas
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by eros(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2010
Hmmmm!!!! All the blokes have being at their best this season. So i give it to none of them.
Re: Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? by makajibbz(m): 6:35am On May 21, 2010
do u mean Nigerian premier league? , jus askin, cos am sure most Nigerian cnt name five Nigerian football clubs, cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Best Player 2010(Lionel Messi);Do You Agree With Fifa? / Manchester City Vs Marseille : UCL (3 - 0) On 9th December 2020 / Blackburn Rovers Vs Arsenal [1 - 2] On Saturday 28th August 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.