Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? (6966 Views)

I'm Confused Is Accepting Jesus As Lord Same As Doing The Will Of The Father / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by pweshboi(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2018
I know most people get confused a whole lot about this topic.

I was discussing repentance with a friend of mine and we got to the hypocrisy part of most Christian's, he made mention of some Christian's that exhibits a religious outward look but in secret they are devil's advocate.

He then later made mention of a part in the Bible matthew 7:21 where Jesus said ' it is not everyone that calls me father father that will enter into the kingdom of God' meaning it is not everyone that lip talk "accepting Jesus" are actually born again. Now his argument is, being born again is of the spiritual and it's more than mere words of one saying they've accepted Christ.

In conclusion he said though accepting Christ is the way to being born again but it's not the same thing and can never be equated with being born again.
Now my question to everyone is , in your own opinion is being born again the same thing as you verbally saying you accept Jesus Christ?

Mods please do the needful and let's hear people's views about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by rottennaija(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2018
Two scriptures answers the question. 1 John 5:1 and 1 John 3:9.

Both reads

1 John 3:9 Those who have been born into God's family do not sin, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.

Infact, the book of 1 John discusses so much about being born again than other scriptures. It has to do with two things,

1.accepting christ in our lives, which includes having faith in him, publicly declaring that faith through baptism and
2. Not carrying in sins anymore.

The above is the true meaning of being born again or born from above. A lot of Christians actually do one part but are never really born from above they many carry on sins.

2 Likes

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2018
madness.

As Africans from different indigenous tribes, accepting some mythical zombie like jesus is like mentally enslaving ourselves to a cult-like doctrine from a foreign nation.

We must learn from the Chinese, Japs and Indians and return to Gods of our forefathers.

Don't complain about the sorry state of your nation when you yourself are the cause of it as is evident from this balderdash post.

There are more pressing issues on Earth and this op is more concerned about being born again or rubbish. Chai

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by marunga(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2018
Too much different:

Being born again is being born again.

Accepting is accepting now.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by 2016v2017: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2018
pweshboi:

I was discussing repentance with a friend of mine and we got to the hypocrisy part of most Christian's, he made mention of some Christian's that exhibits a religious outward look but in secret they are devil's advocate.

He then later made mention of a part in the Bible matthew 7:21 where Jesus said ' it is not everyone that calls me father father that will enter into the kingdom of God' meaning it is not everyone that lip talk "accepting Jesus" are actually born again. Now his argument is, being born again is of the spiritual and it's more than mere words of one saying they've accepted Christ.

In conclusion he said though accepting Christ is the way to being born again but it's not the same thing and can never be equated with being born again.
Now my question to everyone is , in your own opinion is being born again the same thing as you verbally saying you accept Jesus Christ?

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by bedspread: 9:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Accepting JESUS CHRIST confirms on you that you are Born again.
Praise GOD

6 Likes

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Pvin: 9:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Sin Sin Sin Imagine the world without sin Bored or Lively?

Man know yourself
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by jesicajonna(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Good morning and happy Sunday to you.. kiss
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2018
John 14:6

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.""

You can't do one without the other.

2 Likes

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by 2016v2017: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2018
pweshboi:

May this thread lead many to true repentance ,in Jesus Christ name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2018
I think they are two different things because you could accept Christ and not necessarily change your way of living to reflect that. There has to be a sacrifice something you used to do as a man or woman in the world that you drop entirely and seek Christ.

I am not perfect o but I dropped Alcohol I’m in church now I will add more later
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by blackbeau1(f): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2018
Accepting Jesus is the same thing as being born again. The people Matthew 7:21 refers to are those people in church who are not born again. Who haven't accepted Christ as their lord and saviour. Of course they call on God's name, doesn't mean they are his children. They may even be pastors . For instance , a man who had been an evangelist for 18 yrs , gave a testimony after a crusade that he got born again at that crusade. (Don't ask me what he was preaching to others for 18 yrs cuz I don't know)

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Goldaccumulator: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2018
Looking for a girl to Bleep her ass this morning o. DM me with your price. Must be in Lagos oooooo
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Olaoladimeji(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2018
You can never be born again without accepting Christ as your Lord and saviour. The two goes hand in hand.

4 Likes

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by talk2rotman(m): 9:02am On Mar 18, 2018
capital YES

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by lamalang(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2018
May God forgive your sins cos don’t know what you are doing, please try and fight the devil in you
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by pweshboi(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2018
2016v2017:

May this thread lead many to true repentance ,in Jesus Christ name. Amen
That's the purpose of creating it. Amen too
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by olaoyinloye(m): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Accepting Jesus Christ doesn't qualify you to be a born again Christian. so many church goers are not born again.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by KKKWHITE(m): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Accepting Jesus Christ means accepting him as the creator and the Lord and saviour but born again means working according to his commandment

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by mustashfa(m): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2018
Accepting him as what?

Jesus said in John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me.

So you should do the will of God who sent Jesus.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by yeyeboi(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2018
PAGAN9JA:
madness.

As Africans from different indigenous tribes, accepting some mythical zombie like jesus is like mentally enslaving ourselves to a cult-like doctrine from a foreign nation.

We must learn from the Chinese, Japs and Indians and return to Gods of our forefathers.

Don't complain about the sorry state of your nation when you yourself are the cause of it as is evident from this balderdash post.

There are more pressing issues on Earth and this op is more concerned about being born again or rubbish. Chai

Ok
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Man2utd(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2018
Accepting Jesus is the first thing, that is making up your mind not to live a sinful life, the other one is actually staying away from sin. Many of us say we have giving our lives to Christ, yet we are still wallowing in sin. What the verse is trying to say is that if you call his name and yet you are still deep in sin you are far away from him.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by enilove(m): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2018
pweshboi:
I know most people get confused a whole lot about this topic. I was discussing repentance with a friend of mine and we got to the hypocrisy part of most Christian's, he made mention of some Christian's that exhibits a religious outward look but in secret they are devil's advocate. He then later made mention of a part in the Bible matthew 7:21 where Jesus said ' it is not everyone that calls me father father that will enter into the kingdom of God' meaning it is not everyone that lip talk "accepting Jesus" are actually born again. Now his argument is, being born again is of the spiritual and it's more than mere words of one saying they've accepted Christ. In conclusion he said though accepting Christ is the way to being born again but it's not the same thing and can never be equated with being born again.

You cannot say you are born again without accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour .
Accepting Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life means you are born again. You cannot be born again without Jesus.

The problem is that majority who say they are born again and are found doing evil things have dropped Jesus Christ as their Lords and saviour and are therefore backsliders.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by pweshboi(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2018
lamalang:
May God forgive your sins cos don’t know what you are doing, please try and fight the devil in you
Is this your contribution to the topic? I know you are holy and without sin, please I'll like to inform you that the reason for creating his thread is to enlighten those that are lost and don't understand this 2 things. Since you're God's choosen you can as well teach us and give us your own heavenly wisdom.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2018
Been born again is accepting JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and SAVIOUR and continue to follow HIS life and teachings not just confessing you accept HIM and did not behave like HIM,Christian means Christlike, most people are just church goers and bench warmers, sleeping in the garage don't make you a car likewise going to Church don't make you a Christian but accepting CHRIST and follow HIM till death make you born again
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 18, 2018
[quote author=PAGAN9JA post=65935021][/quote] seun lalasticlala this can't happen in Islam domain why here,please delete this

2 Likes

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by brucejet(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I think they are two different things because you could accept Christ and not necessarily change your way of living to reflect that. There has to be a sacrifice something you used to do as a man or woman in the world that you drop entirely and seek Christ.

I am not perfect o but I dropped Alcohol I’m in church now I will add more later
My dear when you have accepted Christ you are born again. Both work hand in hand. When you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour, you are bound to live a Christ kind of life, which is a holy life. Being born again means you have accepted Christ. You can not accept Christ and it will not reflect in your ways.
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by brucejet(m): 9:22am On Mar 18, 2018
olaoyinloye:
Accepting Jesus Christ doesn't qualify you to be a born again Christian. so many church goers are not born again.
Church goers who are not born again, have not accepted Christ. You cannot accept Christ and not be a born again

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by lamalang(m): 9:27am On Mar 18, 2018
pweshboi:

Is this your contribution to the topic? I know you are holy and without sin, please I'll like to inform you that the reason for creating his thread is to enlighten those that are lost and don't understand this 2 things. Since you're God's choosen you can as well teach us and give us your own heavenly wisdom.
iam sorry, is a reply meant for that lost soul PAGAN9ja
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by clemz85(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2018
How about this?

"By heart man believeth unto righteousness with mouth confessions the made unto salvation"

1 Like

Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by bahaushe1: 9:39am On Mar 18, 2018
KKKWHITE:
Accepting Jesus Christ means accepting him as the creator and the Lord and saviour but born again means working according to his commandment

How can a creator be born by a woman? How can a 'lord' be 'killed' by his own creation?
Re: Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2018
profolaolu:
seun lalasticlala this can't happen in Islam domain why here,please delete this

Its not a christian section. Its a "Religion" section. only muslims have the privilege of a separate section . so you better learn to tolerate comments if you post some crap on fp.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Were Some People Existing Before Adam And Eve? / Atheist Logic Be Like... / What Positions Are You Occupying In Your Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.