Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Son Of Perdition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Son Of Perdition (360 Views)

Image I found when I googled "Son Of Perdition" few days ago / The Sons Of Perdition / Jesus is the Son of Perdition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Son Of Perdition by kpakpandoN(m): 5:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
In 2nd Thessalonians 2:3, the term “son of perdition” is used as a code name reserved for the man of sin, the beast, who is also known as the Antichrist. Interestingly, in John 17:12, the Lord Jesus Christ also used the same name in an obvious reference to Judas Iscariot, who was one of His disciples. Jesus used this term to describe Judas Iscariot because he was an embodiment of the spirit, character and essence of Antichrist. Just as the Antichrist will be possessed by the devil himself, so also was Judas Iscariot possessed by Satan (2nd Thessalonians 2:9, John 13:27). It is food for thought that such a person could be seated with Christ at the same supper table. As it was in the time of Christ, so it is even now in the Body of Christ; which is the reason why we are warned in 1st John 4:3 that the spirit of the Antichrist is already at work. Without any doubt, dangerous personalities working in the spirit of the Antichrist should be correctly identified and isolated in order to curtail their evil activities in the Body of Christ. In order to achieve this, these questions come to mind: who is the son of perdition? What are his characteristics? How can he be identified and how should I relate with a person walking in this spirit? I pray that every agent of Satan hiding around you will be exposed in Jesus’ Name.

In Psalm 55:12-21, much is said about the characteristics of the Antichrist. Amongst other things, the Antichrist works as a rebel leader against God’s authority. He is a covenant breaker, and he wages war against those who are at peace with him without provocation. Although the words of his mouth may be smoother than butter, war is in his heart. The Antichrist is a smooth talker, an expert in the art of deception and pretence. Most importantly, the Psalmist reveals that a person walking in the spirit of the Antichrist may not be a total stranger or an outsider (Psalm 55:12-14). Such a person may not be perceived as an enemy, because his or her hatred will be camouflaged and therefore hidden. The spirit of the Antichrist may operate through people we consider acquaintances. It could be someone we trust with our innermost secrets; someone we regard as a true born again child of God and a faithful partner in our Spiritual walk with God. Judas Iscariot conformed to all these characteristics. He chose to rebel against the Lord despite his exposure to the truth. For this reason, the Lord Jesus Christ correctly identified him as the son of perdition. Brethren, check to ensure that you do not share in any of the evil traits. Do not join anyone to do such things, and distance yourself from evil doers. I pray that you will not become lost forever in spite of your interactions with the Lord in Jesus’ Name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Adesua The Goddess Of Minds And Owner Of Secrets / Can You Define God For Me? / Identical Twins Set To Be Ordained Into Priesthood On The Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.