Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God (1611 Views)

Atiku/Obi On The Candidate: Moderator Accused Of Bias As Nigerians React / Buhari Tells Imolites To Vote Any Candidate Of Their Choice At The State Level / Both Igbos And Yorubas Just Got Played- Divide And Rule Tactics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
Given that politically, Igbos and Yorubas are like cat and rat, the yorubas opposed Obasanjo when the Igbos supported him in 1999 (there must be an agenda)

I ask

1. can this two regions ever agree on a common interest by supporting a uniform candidate?

2. What attribute does this candidates have to possess to get both regions to support him/her?

3. Is this ever going to be possible?
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Strikethem: 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2018
We had our own candidate then which is olu falae.

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
In line with what i was saying
Strikethem:
We had our own candidate then which is olu falae.

2 Likes

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by ozoebuka1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
Too much hands spoil the broth...

Over sabi of ndi igbo and ndi afonja will never allow to come to terms.

Things only go smoothly in a relationship when one person is a fool and the other a wizard[sub][/sub] undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
I think it is more about distrust. The igbos believe the yorubas can never look out for their best interest. Same way the the yorubas believe igbos cannot look out for their best interest.
ozoebuka1:
Too much hands spoil the broth...

Over sabi of ndi igbo and ndi afonja will never allow to come to terms.

Things only go smoothly in a relationship when one person is a fool and the other a wizard[sub][/sub] undecided
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by gidgiddy: 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Given that politically, Igbos and Yorubas are like cat and rat, the yorubas opposed Obasanjo when the Igbos supported him in 1999 (there must be an agenda)

I ask

1. can this two regions ever agree on a common interest by supporting a uniform candidate?

2. What attribute does this candidates have to possess to get both regions to support him/her?

3. Is this ever going to be possible?

Not possible, Igbos and Yorubas are politically different

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by kettykin: 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I think it is more about distrust. The igbos believe the yorubas can never look out for their best interest. Same way the the yorubas believe igbos cannot look out for their best interest.
so who and what is stopping any of them from going their separate ways , think this 2 groups should not be in the same country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you for sharing a honest opinion
gidgiddy:

Not possible, Igbos and Yorubas are politically different
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by ConAir(m): 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
I personally think that the reason is religion.

Most Yoruba States are having Muslims as majority examples are, Ogun, Oyo,kwara, and Osun been the most Muslim dominated state.

If both SE and SW are Christians then, believe me that half of Nigerians problem has been solved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hmmm. Yoruba muslims scare the shit outta me.
I consider them to be the most unpredictable individuals in Nigeria.
ConAir:

Most Yoruba States are having Muslims as majority examples are, Ogun, Oyo,kwara, and Osun been the most Muslim dominated state.

If both SE and SW are Christians then, believe me that half of Nigerians problem has been solved.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by ConAir(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
That's the major problem because, the SW votes will be split, and i think that the Muslims are much than Christians.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Donpresh95(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
It started with greedy awolowo
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
I just recently observed that all the yorubas that have and still torment this country are all muslims. This people do not know where their loyalty lie. Is it with their religion or with their tribe. They are the most deceptive and unpredictable group in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by anibirelawal(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:

Now tell me, how do you expect us to be in good terms at eachother with this your Observation

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by obonujoker(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Fear Yoruba muslims
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 19, 2018
We northerners are politically more savvy than either you Yoruba or Igbo. There is no way in seven hells we are going to permit a closing of ranks between the two great tribes of the south. We are masters in the art of divide and rule, and seeing that we've successfully done it before, we shall do it whenever is necessary grin
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 12:36am On Mar 19, 2018
The only person u should be thanking is the yoruba muslims. Who sometimes confuse themselves for northerns.
GoroTango:
We northerners are politically more savvy than either you Yoruba or Igbo. There is no way in seven hells we are going to permit a closing of ranks between the two great tribes of the south. We are masters in the art of divide and rule, and seeing that we've successfully done it before, we shall do it whenever is necessary grin
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2018
Both ethnic groups supported Jonathan in 2011 before igbos monopolised him.

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 12:40am On Mar 19, 2018
ConAir:

When did you conduct your sensors?

If you don't have facts to back up your claim then, I'll advise you to stop misleading people by spewing trash.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 12:43am On Mar 19, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
The only person u should be thanking is the yoruba muslims. Who sometimes confuse themselves for northerns.

Oga you better stop talking trash. Wawa ibos are more deadly. You should be more worried about the wawas whose blood have been contaminated by the abokii blood.

Fool.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 12:51am On Mar 19, 2018
GoroTango:

Stop beating your chest, you know nothing about politics. Maybe you confuse your military coups for political genius. It only happened due to your numerical advantage in the military. If not for Yorubas penchant for fair play buhari wouldn't have been president. This is democracy and there's no way in hell northerners would have more than it deserves under this democratic dispensation. If you think another northerner is taking over after buhari, you must be daydreaming.

Power will be rotated between the north and south and there's nothing savvy about that. After buhari, power is coming to the South east then north central.

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 19, 2018
Firstpage:

Stop beating your chest, you know nothing about politics. Maybe you confuse your military coups for political genius. It only happened due to your numerical advantage in the military. If not for Yorubas penchant for fair play buhari wouldn't have been president. This is democracy and there's no way in hell northerners would have more than it deserves under this democratic dispensation. If you think another northerner is taking over after buhari, you must be daydreaming.

Power will be rotated between the north and south and there's nothing savvy about that. After buhari, power is coming to the South east then north central.
You entirely miss the point. What In saying is there is no way any candidate can be imposed at the center without the expressed approval of the north. There can be no gang up of east and west against the north that can succeed as the OP postulates. At no time did I insinuate that the north alone can impose its will on the whole country. Whatever political schemes/plots you've got cooking, will fail without carrying the north along
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by LIFEisSIMPLE: 1:12am On Mar 19, 2018
I know u are hurt, but what i said is bitter truth.
Firstpage:

Oga you better stop talking trash. Wawa ibos are more deadly. You should be more worried about the wawas whose blood have been contaminated by the abokii blood.

Fool.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by horsepower101: 2:56am On Mar 19, 2018
The simple answer to this problem is yoruba Muslims.

Their loyalty lies with the sultan of sokoto who is the spiritual leader.

Any secret political agreement between igbos and Yorubas that doesn't favor the north will be sabotaged instantly.

Op, that's why it can never happen. Let us all go our separate ways. Simple.

6 Likes

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by ConAir(m): 6:18am On Mar 19, 2018
Firstpage:

When did you conduct your sensors?

If you don't have facts to back up your claim then, I'll advise you to stop misleading people by spewing trash.
Lol....... If you have the facts kindly, share with us here.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 6:35am On Mar 19, 2018
GoroTango:
You entirely miss the point. What In saying is there is no way any candidate can be imposed at the center without the expressed approval of the north. There can be no gang up of east and west against the north that can succeed as the OP postulates. At no time did I insinuate that the north alone can impose its will on the whole country. Whatever political schemes/plots you've got cooking, will fail without carrying the north along

The same way there's no way the north can singlehandedly impose any candidate at the center without the approval of the south. Only paranoid kids from the east think otherwise. The OP's gang up is just a figment his imaginations and his inability to come to terms with reality.

2 Likes

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 6:36am On Mar 19, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I know u are hurt, but what i said is bitter truth.

I know you are pained that you are seen as a Wawa-a lesser being- by your fellow brothers.

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 6:37am On Mar 19, 2018
ConAir:
Lol....... If you have the facts kindly, share with us here.

Since you don't have any fact to back up your claim I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by blackpanda: 6:47am On Mar 19, 2018
Buhari must win

So stop fooling yourselves
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by ConAir(m): 7:50am On Mar 19, 2018
Firstpage:

Since you don't have any fact to back up your claim I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself.
Bro can you please be specific and be matured enough to counter my post? If you can't then take your frustrated life out of my post.
Re: Any Candidate Supported By both Igbos And Yorubas Is the Candidate Of God by Firstpage: 7:57am On Mar 19, 2018
ConAir:
Bro can you please be specific and matured enough to counter my post. If you can't then take your frustrated life out of my post.

I have countered your asinine post already when I told you Both Igbos and Yoruba supported Jonathan in 2011 before igbos monopolized him and destroyed his govt by their greed.

I however needed to correct your stupid attempt at Yoruba division into Muslim and Christians as those terms only exist in your akpu filled brain.

Yorubas will support you based on their personal conviction of your performance or otherwise. So if you don't have the fact about the religious demography in Yoruba land, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and say what your little brain can process.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndigbo, How Dare You Hate Buhari / Come 2019, Who Are We Voting For As President?? / Herdsmen Are Terrorists And Buhari May Be Behind Them/cnn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.