Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Nigeria's Youth Are A Gormless Generation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Youth Are A Gormless Generation (333 Views)

Onanuga, Ejiofor, Aliyu, Ciroma, Others Speak At Nigeria Youth Peace Summit / Debate: Nigeria Youth Are Not Ready To Lead! Change My Mind. / Igbo Elders & Youth Are Arrogant, Ungrateful We Back Quit Notice--northen Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Youth Are A Gormless Generation by emonkey(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2018
I still feel pity for the youth of Nigeria, but not in the same way I used to. True, they have attempted to replace a system that they thought was offensive , but they have sadly substituted it with one that is so completely perfidious and so amorphous that it can hardly be decently described as a system. The saddest part of the consequences of this travesty of progress is that most still refuse to accept that a grave error has indeed been made and consequently still continue to chant senseless slogans and mantra in worship of a crumbling totem . If the generations before them had submitted to their errors and remorsefully declared themselves a "wasted generation", the ones coming behind I today again christen with no pity at all, a gormless generation.
I used also to consider myself as on the side of the masses ; until it finally dawned upon me that anyone who professes such a frivolous virtue, in Nigeria, is a deluded fool. The masses do not know what they want. The masses are those who have no greater joy than to spend three quarters of their day in the pursuit of the destruction of those better than them, and the rest in the pursuit of pleasures having to do with either religion or football or liquor or all. The masses are those who have completely convinced themselves that wealth comes wholly as a result of chance or of theft. There is indeed a spirit of Poverty and of Spiritual Destruction , and it presides where the so called masses gather.
- rotimi ogunjobi
19/03/2016

clipped from Facebook
Re: Nigeria's Youth Are A Gormless Generation by felifeli: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2018
Worse than gormless. They are destined for everlasting suffering on earth.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Councillor, Ward Excos Suspended Allegedly Over Loyalty To Adeyeye / Cambridge Analytica Was Paid £2m To Stop Buhari / Senators Entitled To Only N1.06m Monthly – RMAFC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.