Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? (18100 Views)

100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup. / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
PlainJAY:
Brazil.....we'll get our revenge on Germany in D final!
And all of a sudden you're a Brazilian. Plainjayinho.
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
NENigeria:
Naija

How much how much. I'm interested
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
[quote author=vroy post=65972107] Have u checked BRAZIL or France squad? [/quot] like i said earlier

Men do win world Cup and not boys, thats why Brazil and Belgium will not win it.
France its ok but any experience team among those above will beat them
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by onosj(f): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
mistercharles:
Any team that removes Germany
u don talk am finish.
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by oribi(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
iphenon:
I concur. France has this world cup

Them too strong,except dem no gel

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by purplekayc(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
Disneylady:
Nigeria.....I'm a patroit
good luck
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by dozofavour(m): 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
Kanu Pillars grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Gadetech(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
Brazil for the win Nigeria will get to the quarter finals.
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
kjhova:

It's not that bad na, haba! Remember that Ghana was a Luiz Suarez handball away from the semi finals just 8yrs ago.

Anybody can win the world cup even with a shity league, corrupt administration etc.

All you need is 7 decent players, a good bench, a lucky draw of opponents, 1 freakish win against a more illustrous opponent in the knockout, lucky pjreferee decision, absolute luck in the most minute details and maybe, one once-in-a-lifetime great player like Messi or George Weah and...SHABBANG!! Welcome, Africa's 1st world de cup winner!
de dee de deceive yourself....u are painting coincidence...u need a lot to win d world cup which Europeans and South American teams have as we speak...no African can win d world cup...dont let us drag abeg...luk German team rudiger might nt make d bench yet he is top notch dan our defenders...
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Demzlent(m): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
ARGENTINA
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
marttol:
BRAZIL!!! TRY THIS FROM BACK TO THE FRONT.
Firmino is not a midfielder. A striker he is
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

India
Way ray
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by sheubaba2013: 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria!
Reasons;
1. We have a young squard
2.. We build the game from the back, gone are those days when our players are wasteful
3. Pele predicted Africa to win the world cup soonest, and Nigeria current squard is a threat.
4. Genet Roh is a good technical/tactical coach
5. Most of our players are compatible and they play as a team.
6. Our players are hungry for success
7. We disgrace Argentina, game Na game o
Add your own jo.
� � �

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Emeka71(m): 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
moscow18:
Dear NLanders, which country do you think would win the 2018 world cup and why?
Secondly, how far do you think Nigeria will go?

Argentina would win the world-cup.
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by kjhova(m): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
de dee de deceive yourself....u are painting coincidence...u need a lot to win d world cup which Europeans and South American teams have as we speak...no African can win d world cup...dont let us drag abeg...luk German team rudiger might nt make d bench yet he is top notch dan our defenders...

I do not dispute that it is a tall order for an African side to win the world cup. This much I concede up front. However to put it in a permanent realm of impossibility is what I disagree with and I gave you the example of Ghana as a close call in 2010.

I don't know how many world cups you have been opportune to watch, I have seen a bit. I have seen a rag tag Cameroon team only get knocked out in the QF due to a dodgy penalty call against England. I have seen Bulagria reach the semis with aging pros. I have seen Germany and Austrian FA actually collude to draw a game to knock out a rampaging Algeria. I have also seen a Brazil qualify ahead of Sweden due to referee ending the game when an apparent goal bound ball was mid air with the GK well beaten.

So I put it to you, my dear friend, that an African team can win the world cup in our lifetime despite our obvious minuses. After all, an ordinary Greece side achieved extraordinarily when they won a Euro.

Nothing is impossible.

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
kjhova:

I do not dispute that it is a tall order for an African side to win the world cup. This much I concede up front. However to put it in a permanent realm of impossibility is what I disagree with and I gave you the example of Ghana as a close call in 2010.

I don't know how many world cups you have been opportune to watch, I have seen a bit. I have seen a rag tag Cameroon team only get knocked out in the QF due to a dodgy penalty call against England. I have seen Bulagria reach the semis with aging pros. I have seen Germany and Austrian FA actually collude to draw a game to knock out a rampaging Algeria. I have also seen a Brazil qualify ahead of Sweden due to referee ending the game when an apparent goal bound ball was mid air with the GK well beaten.

So I put it to you, my dear friend, that an African team can win the world cup in our lifetime despite our obvious minuses. After all, an ordinary Greece side achieved extraordinarily when they won a Euro.

Nothing is impossible.
if u follow my chat ist time u saw I said it ll take a miracle for us win...cos the quality of players we generate in this Part of the world is rather accidental not a well planned process....yes the 1994 Nigeria squad,1990,cameroun squad,2002 Senegal squad and ghana 2010,showed flashes of brilliance and could have done sm magic if certain techniques were put through well.... But that's as far as it get cos miracle don't happen in football every time,u won't have a Greece leceister,wolfburg, Montpelier win of tournament always.... The current realities no African team stand any chance compare to what Germany France Belgium Brazil Argentina spain brings to the table...these are countries who constitently planned and don't run dry of quality players...which Africa don't have....
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Gospeljamie(m): 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria Of Course
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by ayoyonet(m): 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria, my country
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by blizswt: 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria....I believe in my country
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by rookiy(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
France all the way ..for the love of Pogba!�

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by kjhova(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
if u follow my chat ist time u saw I said it ll take a miracle for us win...cos the quality of players we generate in this Part of the world is rather accidental not a well planned process....yes the 1994 Nigeria squad,1990,cameroun squad,2002 Senegal squad and ghana 2010,showed flashes of brilliance and could have done sm magic if certain techniques were put through well.... But that's as far as it get cos miracle don't happen in football every time,u won't have a Greece leceister,wolfburg, Montpelier win of tournament always.... The current realities no African team stand any chance compare to what Germany France Belgium Brazil Argentina spain brings to the table...these are countries who constitently planned and don't run dry of quality players...which Africa don't have....

Alas, we agree. Africa has a fat chance for now which can only be quickened by an overdose of luck while in reality...naaaaa, not so bright.
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by ebenholer(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
Russia have 80% chance to win this edition of world cup. I am candidly sure of that.
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by princetom1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Portugal or france or Belgium
Due to their squads

Which squad Portugal get?
Apart from Ronaldo and few odas, which players Abeg?
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by williamdeluxe(m): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
ARGENTINA
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by rasakkenny(m): 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
BIAFRA

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by haryomikun(m): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
zubinike:

This Brazilian team no get joy sha, star studded, depending on the coaches mentality.. team France for me, with Ngolo Nmoh at the heart of the mid field, they can reign havoc on most preferred German side
Do you mean Ngolo Kante? Who's Nmoh?

Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by chelsea2014: 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
Brazil very very sure
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Rexnegro(m): 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
moscow18:
Dear NLanders, which country do you think would win the 2018 world cup and why?
Secondly, how far do you think Nigeria will go?

Argentina if higuain don't play at all ... Nigeria will come back home from group stage
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
@Tamihawtt Tamihawtt please kindly respond to my email
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Emmanuel602(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
man80:
Germany

Out at first hurdle
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Prenom: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
Brazil won
Re: Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Seem destined for France but I really hope they don't mess up like they did in the final at home in the last Euros.

EPL Clubs SMASH Summer Spending Record With Almost £1.44BILLION (n634bn)in Deals / "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans / Why We Abandoned Abuja Stadium – NFF

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49