Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming (23446 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Top 5 Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artistes Will Never Blow This 2019 / See Reasons Why Some Up And Coming Artistes Will Forever Remain Underground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by correctguy101(m): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
Owill1:
Too many people yabing airforce 1..I wish nigga get signed n blow up.

Me too.....

At least, he's a NL celebrity undecided
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Optimisticgondy(m): 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
srazorblade:
With my little experience in the industry, let's say about 8yrs wink what I'm about to write here is the truth, nothing but the truth.

1) Most upcoming artiste do not make proper use of their social media handle

As an upcoming artiste, your social media account is one of the easiest ways of communicating with your fans. You need to put content on it everyday. If you are going to the toilet, take a picture. If you are going to the bar, do a little video. If you are bouyant enough, give away something tangible

2) Most upcoming artiste do not attend shows

If you are an upcoming artiste and you are not attending shows, you will forever remain upcoming (Not a curse though but harsh reality). I mean, get off that your lazy bed, attach yourself to a DJ, beg him to tag along when he has shows and do your thing at his shows (Simple). Another thing you could do is also to buy tickets to shows (regular). Find your way back stage, before they start the show proper, beg them to allow you do your thing. Record label owners, promoters are listening and if they can see the confidence in you and how the crowd accept your music, my brother, congratulations.

3) Not creating a Niche for yourself in the industry

As an upcoming artiste, you need to stop copying other people's style of music. Stop copying other people's beat, stop copying other people's sound. Create your own style, create your own pattern. Stand out

4) Bad Mastering, Bad mixing of your song. This is also a contributing factor. Who will play your music when the whole production is whack! There are so many upcoming artiste out there with good lyrical content but their production is poor and this in return makes the artiste sound local. No Dj would jam your song on radio if the production is poor. Work with different music producers. The same producer that created the beat and recorded your voice should not be the same producer that will do the final mastering of your songs. They are dedicated sound engineers and professionals that their job is just to mix and master (look for them).

5) Poor lyrical content, bad concept, bad voicing Imagine a reggae singer trying to sing blues? The concept from the onset is not proper. What you have to do is to look for your vocal strength and work on it. If you can sing blues very well, my brother, you are not needed in rap. Do your thing, express yourself lyrically. Sing about things your face, talk about your emotions. Sing about everything around you.

6) Not wanting to freestyle
Free styling is your selling point. At times people, fans want to hear you sing without musical instruments. Freestyle your songs, record a Crystal clear video of your freestyle. Upload on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook etc

7) Shoot a music video
This is one of the most easiest way to promote your music. I literally don't listen to radio but I watch TV. The only time I listen to radio is when my friends are having their shows on radio and I have to tune in to listen for feedbacks. Music video helps put a face to your music. If your looks are great, it will attract the opposite sex a lot but if you have pot belle like me, my brother, Hit the Gym. With a music shot in the right format, resolution and concept, it will get Airplays on TV. There are so many satellite TV stations now and all you need do is get your video to them. Once you are getting airplays on TV, getting your songs played on radio will be very easy. You don't have to cut your neck for that. And one of the things music video will do for you is when you go to shows. People, fans will easily identify you. Even when you are on stage singing, they would be telling themselves that they have seen this guy on TV. (And again take note that you are going to do a lot of free shows. The moment you blow, free shows stops)

And as for me the writer, I am doing my own free show right now cool I'm offering 5 Free Music video production slots to 5 upcoming artiste. T & C applies..

Written by @srazorblade for publication on Nairaland. For Publication outside Nairaland, credits should be given to the Author and Nairaland links should be posted accordingly.

Thanks for calling our attentions to these mistakes.
I'm interested in your offer; link to my latest song which made front page last week is in my signature. I have other good songs too, lete know if I should send download links for others too.
Thank you Sir
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by PotatoSalad(m): 2:38am On Mar 20, 2018
skyhighweb:
so i guess u call people making beat beat maker shey, bros i hail u,so u havent seen cover album where u see produce by and mix n master by, plz plz stop am.

Haba

Everything you need to know about a music producer is on google. Try it.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by femi4: 4:13am On Mar 20, 2018
yeyerolling:
The competition is crazy. Give credits to those who atleast tried. Where pple like kas beat, bigiano, dammy danny young, shaha dey E no easy abeg
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by xmon9666: 4:16am On Mar 20, 2018
am also interested in d slot
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by raphieMontella: 5:56am On Mar 20, 2018
srazorblade:
With my little experience in the industry, let's say about 8yrs wink what I'm about to write here is the truth, nothing but the truth.

As an upcoming artiste, your social media account is one of the easiest ways of communicating with your fans. You need to put content on it everyday. If you are going to the toilet, take a picture. If you are going to the bar, do a little video. If you are bouyant enough, give away something tangible

If you are an upcoming artiste and you are not attending shows, you will forever remain upcoming (Not a curse though but harsh reality). I mean, get off that your lazy bed, attach yourself to a DJ, beg him to tag along when he has shows and do your thing at his shows (Simple). Another thing you could do is also to buy tickets to shows (regular). Find your way back stage, before they start the show proper, beg them to allow you do your thing. Record label owners, promoters are listening and if they can see the confidence in you and how the crowd accept your music, my brother, congratulations.

As an upcoming artiste, you need to stop copying other people's style of music. Stop copying other people's beat, stop copying other people's sound. Create your own style, create your own pattern. Stand out

4) Bad Mastering, Bad mixing of your song. This is also a contributing factor. Who will play your music when the whole production is whack! There are so many upcoming artiste out there with good lyrical content but their production is poor and this in return makes the artiste sound local. No Dj would jam your song on radio if the production is poor. Work with different music producers. The same producer that created the beat and recorded your voice should not be the same producer that will do the final mastering of your songs. They are dedicated sound engineers and professionals that their job is just to mix and master (look for them).

5) Poor lyrical content, bad concept, bad voicing Imagine a reggae singer trying to sing blues? The concept from the onset is not proper. What you have to do is to look for your vocal strength and work on it. If you can sing blues very well, my brother, you are not needed in rap. Do your thing, express yourself lyrically. Sing about things your face, talk about your emotions. Sing about everything around you.

Free styling is your selling point. At times people, fans want to hear you sing without musical instruments. Freestyle your songs, record a Crystal clear video of your freestyle. Upload on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook etc

7) Shoot a music video
This is one of the most easiest way to promote your music. I literally don't listen to radio but I watch TV. The only time I listen to radio is when my friends are having their shows on radio and I have to tune in to listen for feedbacks. Music video helps put a face to your music. If your looks are great, it will attract the opposite sex a lot but if you have pot belle like me, my brother, Hit the Gym. With a music shot in the right format, resolution and concept, it will get Airplays on TV. There are so many satellite TV stations now and all you need do is get your video to them. Once you are getting airplays on TV, getting your songs played on radio will be very easy. You don't have to cut your neck for that. And one of the things music video will do for you is when you go to shows. People, fans will easily identify you. Even when you are on stage singing, they would be telling themselves that they have seen this guy on TV. (And again take note that you are going to do a lot of free shows. The moment you blow, free shows stops)

And as for me the writer, I am doing my own free show right now cool I'm offering 5 Free Music video production slots to 5 upcoming artiste. T & C applies..

Written by @srazorblade for publication on Nairaland. For Publication outside Nairaland, credits should be given to the Author and Nairaland links should be posted accordingly.

I am interested in the slot sir...
I sent a pm
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by ImaIma1(f): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2018
BedLam:
There are more artists than true listeners in Nigeria.
And the music has shifted to one genre because of lack of education and poor living conditions as our minds aren't sophisticated enough to relax with music that has good lyrics.
We are poor and piracy has made it less profitable...even if you release an album, you won't sell much.
So imagine a lot of singers in one genre, you hardly get known and no other genres sell anymore.
[b]You can ask brymo or Dare.

It's crazy out there. [/b]

Why not ask Kiss Daniel and Simi instead.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by feelzie(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2018
@lokomilo
what's d blog name...lemme send u my song... heheh
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by BedLam: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2018
ImaIma1:

Why not ask Kiss Daniel and Simi instead.
How many copies did Simi sell ? Did you buy her album? How many of shows have you attended ?
Let's start from there and we can go ask them.

You think playing their song on Snapchat generates money ? angry
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Rhombic(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2018
srazorblade:

7) Shoot a music video

I have Interest sir what are the steps
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by srazorblade(m): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2018
Rhombic:

I have Interest sir what are the steps
start by sending me a pm
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by ImaIma1(f): 10:20am On Mar 20, 2018
BedLam:
How many copies did Simi sell ? Did you buy her album? How many of shows have you attended ?
Let's start from there and we can go ask them.

You think playing their song on Snapchat generates money ? angry

But has she been enriched through music? Has she been attending shows? Is she making money?

Or you want to compare her with artists that are begging for their songs to be played on air
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by BedLam: 10:51am On Mar 20, 2018
ImaIma1:

But has she been enriched through music? Has she been attending shows? Is she making money?

Or you want to compare her with artists that are begging for their songs to be played on air
They are struggling and with the population we have, coupled with the fact that the whole Africa listen to our music, a lot of them should be more than "surviving".
Even underdogs should be well off. The market has potential.

How many people of Simi type of music are relevant compared to those that didn't make it ?
That's how you measure success.
The industry has a lot of potential and could grow to billions of dollars.
If we put ourselves "in order".
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by 3rill(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2018
Vinstel:
Make una leave airforce1 abeg. The guy dey try joor
please am new here who is airforce 1
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Kendrick80(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
srazorblade:
do you have a song? If yes give me the links to the song let us listen to it

https://naija.fm/exc_audio_post/jogodo/

Twitter/IG: @Spiffy_yo
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Kabaka100: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
U also have to include artistes who don't understand the legal implications of any contracts b4 signing it. In hence these artistes don't understand the value of having a lawyer's service in any career move they're making cos any bad legal move can haunt them for the rest of their career
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Rhombic(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
srazorblade:
start by sending me a pm
I have sent an email to you confirm it sir..or any other means of PM?
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Kabaka100: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
dumo1:
Nice points noted. But all the points no be money to do all this work abi you wan make the upcoming artiste go steal?

U no need 2 much money today just a phone and with ur instagragram, Facebook or Snapchat, u can basically promote ur talent very well today get really noticed. U just have to carvery creative on how u use social media to push ur career

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Kabaka100: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
CORONATA:
The idea of being original is a wonderful thing. It brings out the uniqueness of an artiste.

Burnaboy us one good example
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Vinstel: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
3rill:
please am new here who is airforce 1
He's a nairalander who is into music
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by ImaIma1(f): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
BedLam:
They are struggling and with the population we have, coupled with the fact that the whole Africa listen to our music, a lot of them should be more than "surviving".
Even underdogs should be well off. The market has potential.

How many people of Simi type of music are relevant compared to those that didn't make it ?
That's how you measure success.
The industry has a lot of potential and could grow to billions of dollars.
If we put ourselves "in order".

Because you haven't bought Simi's cds or you probably are not drawn to her music doesn't mean she is struggling or does not have fans. She is attending shows and she keeps making music that appeals to her fans. She is making money and has a wide audience and fan base. So what are you on about?
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by BedLam: 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
ImaIma1:

Because you haven't bought Simi's cds or you probably are not drawn to her music doesn't mean she is struggling or does not have fans. She is attending shows and she keeps making music that appeals to her fans. She is making money and has a wide audience and fan base. So what are you on about?
Having fans doesn't translate to making money in Nigeria or you don't know that a lot of people get there music for free ? You know how much they spend on videos ? These videos don't generate money. How many shows has Simi headlined since the beginning of this year ? Let's compare her to Runtown.
Pls talk about what you know.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by ImaIma1(f): 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
BedLam:
Having fans doesn't translate to making money in Nigeria or you don't know that a lot of people get there music for free ? You know how much they spend on videos ? These videos don't generate money. How many shows has Simi headlined since the beginning of this year ? Let's compare her to Runtown.
Pls talk about what you know.

Please are you saying Simi is not making money?

Are you comparing her to upcoming artists on nairaland?

Is Simi's name recognized in the music industry?

Someone is acquiring properties and investments with proceeds from het music career and you are here saying what i don't understand.

She might not have 30 billion like Davido but she is successful.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Owill1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
correctguy101:

Me too.....
At least, he's a NL celebrity undecided
Hmmm nairaland celeb..I lyk dat
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by srazorblade(m): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
So far so good. We have only 2 artiste with 2 good songs and concept, they just need to remix and remaster the songs. 3 spots still up for grabs.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
srazorblade:
So far so good. We have only 2 artiste with 2 good songs and concept, they just need to remix and remaster the songs. 3 spots still up for grabs.
good evening boss.. this is "Bikita" crooner.. I didn't hear again from you after my last message to you.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by srazorblade(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
Optimisticgondy:
good evening boss.. this is "Bikita" crooner.. I didn't hear again from you after my last message to you.
sorry about that and again we can only shoot your video in Lagos and you have to make arrangements for Location.
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Optimisticgondy(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
srazorblade:
sorry about that and again we can only shoot your video in Lagos and you have to make arrangements for Location.
wow! I didn't come here all these while..so sorry about that boss.

Ok, getting location in Gidi shouldn't be a problem but I think the location will depend on your concept/stories for the song. What kind of locations should I look for?

As regards remixing and mastering of the song, which engineer will you suggest for that too? Abeg cheap and good one please.. you know I be upcoming grin
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by Nightmareo07: 6:53am On Jul 05, 2018
IyawoIgbo22:
Airforce1..... Shey you dey hear am so

Kedu.?
Re: Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming by skyhighweb(m): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2018
Time will tell
House 10 studio U got d lyrics we got d beat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / 10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.