Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? (8043 Views)

Career Trajectory for Software Engineers / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... / New Jobs At Vanhack For Experienced Software Engineers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by marvin906(m): 7:37am On Mar 20, 2018
hey guy's
software development and engineering which is better
in terms of salary and which gives you freedom of movement meaning which of this doesn't make you sit in an office 24hrs a day
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by wunmi590(m): 7:41am On Mar 20, 2018
JimaeChinko:

I have a younger sister that is currently training to be a Software engineer. Can she come by your office probably intern a bit so she can see the prospects of this and stay motivated

no sir, what they need is ready made.

and beside, the director is not around for now, hes in the U.K in one of our office for some meetings.

when she has turned guru, you can quote me back, and if i am still here, i would link her up, because they need females.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Oreofepeters: 7:44am On Mar 20, 2018
hakeem4:
I need the help of a software developer to help me convert a program written in fotran to a modern day software
I'm in
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Xisnin(m): 7:45am On Mar 20, 2018
There are few female software engineers(I know some) because women are generally
not attracted to professions requiring too much personal time sacrifice.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by IdeyFindWife: 7:47am On Mar 20, 2018
This insipid approach of sexualizing everything to the point of craziness is meaningless and mute to me!

To probe the reduced participation of the female gender in software Engr field is a perfectly legitimate inquiry.

But, to now start ego-massaging dames as being far better, whether innately or not, in these fallacious and outlandish non-empirical ejaculations are just plain pedestrian and crude to say the least!

1 Like

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by hakeem4(m): 7:48am On Mar 20, 2018
Oreofepeters:
I'm in
pm me your number
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Bahddo(m): 7:52am On Mar 20, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

The truth is some of them i have met are (sounds like) better than their male counterparts.
hahahahaha... You know who is a better software developer/engineer by having a conversation with them? grin
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Daviestunech(m): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2018
Angelb4:
Female software engineers ke? I won't advise my sister to apply before her software will be engineered.
My tot

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by izzyboi(m): 7:57am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello all Please you need to check this out... So urgent please www.didyouknowthesefacts.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 20, 2018
I'm a budding Engineer.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by raymod170(m): 8:05am On Mar 20, 2018
[quote
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Bellarod05: 8:14am On Mar 20, 2018
Hi Sister,am a professional hardware Engineer, Can you introduce me please?
wunmi590:
Honestly i have been asking myself his question too,
I work in an international I.T company, as an admin officer, and truth be told, no female in our software department to complement these gurus, i think women should also be found in these profession in Nigeria.

If i can get some of the females, i would make sure i recommend them to my director, when he comes back from his travelling from our office in US and U.K
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by mceze(m): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2018
raymod170:
This isn't a generalization and perspective may differ. Ada Lovelace, world's first ever computer programmer was a woman. I believe women are capable of doing any job just as good as men and I'm a programmer myself and I love programming!
1)Many women feel they can't program when they actually can.
2)Women are holistic in approach to their life, they will not focus on just one thing. They prefer multi-tasking, whereas programming is a single threaded activity which requires motivation.
3)Women prefer being creative and social. They prefer jobs that have more communication with others and they feel programming is monotonous and isolating.
4)Some women(even some men) get a degree in computer science just for the sake of it and do not actually contribute anything to programming world. It's all about necessity and interest.
5)The lifestyle of a programmer, sit in front of a computer,stare and think is not appealing to a lot of women(Many of my female friends stated this).
6)Programming has become more of a profession than passion and here comes the cultural aspect, women are not encouraged to take up careers seriously.

please, I would like to learn from you..Here is my email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2018
They are in the kitchen and za other room.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by wunmi590(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2018
Bellarod05:
Hi Sister,am a professional hardware Engineer, Can you introduce me please?

i am a guy, and what they need is female, but then the director is not around yet to give a go ahead now to recruit or the position.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by RealMillennial(m): 8:32am On Mar 20, 2018
I think the whole intention of this post (or at least what it ended up achieving), was to bring to fore the bigger subject that there's a serious gender skew in the Tech professions in this country, not only programming.

And in fact, its not merely a Nigerian problem. Silicon Valley is filled with guys. Its just more skewed here and the reasons are obvious.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by raymod170(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2018
mceze:

please, I would like to learn from you..Here is my email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by bleskid: 9:12am On Mar 20, 2018
Angelb4:
Female software engineers ke? I won't advise my sister to apply before her software will be engineered.
use your head
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Ejiod(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2018
document.querySelectorAll('.naijagirls').addEventListener('click',function slaying (e){
alert("Active on INSTAGRAM & SNAPCHAT cool)
}
In 2 firms I've worked with I haven't seen ladies write code and it's so painful the ways most our ladies have been configured to think .I only wish I see one
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by OmoyeleTobi: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2018
I am a software engineer (Female)

1 Like

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by dosage150(m): 10:19am On Mar 20, 2018
wunmi590:
I work in an international I.T company, as an admin officer, and truth be told, no female in our software department to complement these gurus, i think women should also be found in these profession in Nigeria.

If i can get some of the females, i would make sure i recommend them to my director, when he comes back from his travelling from our office in US and U.K

bro can we come in contact
+2348100258247(my WhatsApp number)
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by labi1977(m): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2018
hakeem4:
I need the help of a software developer to help me convert a program written in fotran to a modern day software

Hit me up if you can pay
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Eaugusta(f): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2018
wunmi590:

I discovered I have interest in software engineering after I have really gone far in studying mechanical engineering. I still want to do software engineering but kinda confuse where to start from; I am really a fast learner, will be glad if you can be of help. Please reply via email - ehiheboloaugustar@gmail.com
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by trigonometry: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2018
they are ALL masseuse who offers services like deep tissue massage, nuru massage and wrap it up with happy endings. grin grin grin
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Eaugusta(f): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2018
labi1977:

Hit me up if you can pay
Do u train? If yes where is your location?
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by jefferyums: 11:57am On Mar 20, 2018
Get Yours Now

Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by revontuli(f): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
RealMillennial:
I think the whole intention of this post (or at least what it ended up achieving), was to bring to fore the bigger subject that there's a serious gender skew in the Tech professions in this country, not only programming.

And in fact, its not merely a Nigerian problem. Silicon Valley is filled with guys. Its just more skewed here and the reasons are obvious.

Tech industry in general is male dominated all over the world. Female IT and software engineers are a small minority everywhere. The only way to change this is to change the culture and encourage your daughters and sisters to go for tech careers.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by PcashMojo(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
hakeem4:

You could sort this out yourself,we are busy folks,coding,debugging,deploying...so there's no time to spare,this could be of help: http://cci.lbl.gov/fable/
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by hakeem4(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
labi1977:

Hit me up if you can pay
do you stay in lagos?
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by damzy88: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ejiod:
document.querySelectorAll('.naijagirls').addEventListener('click',function slaying (e){
alert("Active on INSTAGRAM & SNAPCHAT cool)
}
In 2 firms I've worked with I haven't seen ladies write code and it's so painful the ways most our ladies have been configured to think .I only wish I see one
Sent you a pm.
Re: Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? by Oreofepeters: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
hakeem4:
pm me your number
08023364531 that's my WhatsApp number.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Promote 243 Senior Officers / I Am Vexed; How Can Engineers And Lawyers Rub Shoulders With Doctors? / 8 Months After My Resignation, My Former Employer Is Still Owing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.