Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:08 AM

A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! (462 Views)

South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style / Wait A Minute, How Did We Descend This Low - By Dele Momodu / 2019: Nigeria Will Regret Having Youth As President — Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by tomakint: 1:54am On Mar 20, 2018
A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute!

A President engage his intellectual gifts to run a Country since he will be surrounded by "lieutenants" to carry out specific instructions given them by the President for the good of the land. Forget that he is "too old" tag, Trump became President at 71 and he is doing fine Ronald Reagan became President at 69 and he spent 8 years in power going down as one of America's finest and best so my friend, it is not about age but what you have upstairs! Here in Nigeria we have been ruled by youths as President in case you don't know and their inexperienced actions cost us a lot. Gowon was 31 when he became head of state in 1967 yet led Nigeria to a wasteful war with Biafra, this same youthful Gowon carelessly said, " the problem with Nigeria is not money but how to spend it". This same youthful Gowon against wise advice went ahead to pay outstanding salaries of a carribean Country's (Grenada) civil servants to the tune of then Nigerian N1.5 million free of charge in 1975 which was a lump sum. This same youthful Gowon abandoned midway a Marshal Plan of 3Rs to Rehabilitate, Reconstruct and Reintegrate Biafrans after the war in 1970.

A youthful Murtala Mohammed was 36 years old when he became head of state in 1975 yet he sacked over 10,000 Southern populated civil servants and schemed for more Northern Civil Servants recruitments using more of quota system against the established merit-based system of employment (against professional advice offered him then by those elderly super permanent secretaries in the civil service) which gave birth to ghost workers in the civil service commission that had cost the Nation wasteful expenses on "workers that don't exist", this same youthful Murtala Mohammed hurriedly map out a certain portion of expansive land (now Abuja) as Federal Capital Territory in 1975 at a time huge funds were being spent on Lagos as the then Federal Capital Territory. What would I say about a youthful, chubby cheeked Obasanjo who messed Nigeria up as a youthful 38 year old head of state in 1976 when he helped engage in a wasteful celebrations of black arts festival in 1977, this same youthful obj began the hikes in tertiary institutions and destroyed the scholarships scheme Nigerian students enjoyed abroad, his youthful cabinet scripted the 1979 Constitution that is still plaguing us till date as it has now metamorphosed into the erroneous and one sided 1999 constitution. This same Obasanjo perfected the art of rigging for FEDECO (the regulator of elections then) that rigged for NPN and Shagsri to emerge as President. I can go on but let me stop here but bear it in mind that I am not rubbishing the entire youths but just telling you that to govern Nigeria requires deep understanding of politics and great experience and not for greenhorns.

This piece is all about our future as a Nation that whether youth or old, we need a President who can stand in the gap and bridge it for a peaceful coexistence of all the tribes in the land. A President who can turn our potentials in our resources that cut across populations, renewable and non renewable natural resources, expertise and the never-dying spirits of Nigerians into a worthwhile venture that can project the image of Nigeria into a Nation that works for the benefits of all and not just for a particular tribe. I wish Nigeria well!

Author: Tomakint

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 20, 2018
What we need is a neutral person like Trump not a Politician, we need Revolution in Nigeria
Re: A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by Ratello: 2:22am On Mar 20, 2018
nairalandmod:
What will need is a neutral person like Trump not a Politician, we need Revolution in Nigeria

And if you need a loader for ur aza I dey kamkpe old or new US and Canada drops, check my siggy for my whatsapp contact cool

Unfortunately, Nigeria is not USA if not your logic would have been the best option as we approach 2019. The problem with us is that electorates don't have a say but the powers that be (cabals made of ex military rulers and friends) that is why I will prefer another strong politician that can't be bullied around and will have a mind of his own. Atiku fits the bill to me

2 Likes

Re: A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by three: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2018
An individual who is capable of self reflection and critical analysis, who can inspire others, who's fibre is integrity and who is amazingly competent.....

.... and who just happens to be a youth

Is who we need.

Did I mention that he or she must be a truly Detribalise Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by Joemetry(m): 8:36am On Mar 20, 2018
The youths must not swim in the same rivers as those who failed us.

Nigerian youths should make the best leaders if humans naturally learn better from their past mistakes.., I mean, we as youths really have a lot of work to do..!
Re: A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by tomakint: 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
Joemetry:
The youths must not swim in the same rivers as those who failed us.

Nigerian youths should make the best leaders if humans naturally learn better from their past mistakes.., I mean, we as youths really have a lot of work to do..!

Unfortunately the youths are already doing the exact opposite of what you are proposing. Who will deliver the youths now when the politics of divide and rule has taken a huge toll on the youths power of reasoning. Indeed, hunger is bad.

1 Like

Re: A Youth As Nigerian President? Wait A Minute! by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
all civilians and even most soldiers can be bullied
Ratello:

Unfortunately, Nigeria is not USA if not your logic would have been the best option as we approach 2019. The problem with us is that electorates don't have a say but the powers that be (cabals made of ex military rulers and friends) that is why I will prefer another strong politician that can't be bullied around and will have a mind of his own. Atiku fits the bill to me

(1) (Reply)

Those Supporting Buhari Need Psychiatric Checks / Again, Nigerian Govt Revises Number Of #dapchigirls Kidnapped, Released / As Sun Newspaper Descends Into Infamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.