Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:53 AM

Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai (538 Views)

James Brown To Bobrisky: Stop Lying About Spending ₦75m On Hair & Makeup / Stella Dimokokorkus Blasts Linda Ikeji, Says She's Lying To Nigerians / Vimbai Mutinhiri: "Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You’ve Worked" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai by newsynews: 8:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Below is a post from a Zimbabwean media personality, Miss Vimbai, in which she called out female celebrities and ladies in general who love to attribute their luxurious lifestyle to hardwork. She claims most of what they flaunt on social media were actually gotten from men. According to Miss Vimbai, such ladies are sending the wrong message to young girls.

Below is her Instagram post which is currently getting applauded by fans.

”If your expensive handbag is a gift, that’s ok. If your first luxury car was a gift from hubby that’s great. If you travel in luxury courtesy of bae that’s cool too. If your talent is social media, embrace it and earn off it. BUT please stop lying to young girls about how hard you have worked, and giving terrible advice about how to build this or that and how to be successful in business or have a high flying career. STOP IT!! If your business hasn’t made at least N20m turnover per annum, please just book a seat in the audience and pay attention to those who have done it. There is no shame in it and it doesn’t make you any less of a respectable woman. Making it in life begins with harnessing your truth #TableShaker #MondayMotivation#MoreProfitsLessPackaging”

Her post has drawn a reaction from Nigerian comedian Alibaba who appears to have used the opportunity to throw a shade at Laura Ikeji whose sister, Linda Ikeji celebrated her recently for buying a new SUV. Linda Ikeji wrote:

''Baby sis just got herself a hot ride as a birthday gift to herself. Mehn, hard work pays. And nothing is sweeter than your own money. Happy birthday beautiful. Love you to the moon and back''

Read what comedian Alibaba wrote on Instagram below.

''People have been shaking tables... this one just came and kuku removed legs from the table. Let every thing kukuma fall off the table. I have renewed respect for few. She just joined them. Nonsense. No means of livelihood. They are driving SUV. No job. But them blow. No career. Because someone carry her. But they will be telling the young girls who are waiting to get a 9-5, How to work hard and stay focused. Eyes on the prize. Don't let them men confuse you. It's like a Yahoo Yahoo guy advising a young man who is washing his car at a car-wash on dignity of labour. Na wash. You go into politics, 4 years down, you have a mall, house in choice areas. You have a fleet of cars. And you are asking young men what is keeping them from settling down with one woman. Traditional and white Wedding... No be movie ticket ooo. Try am e go be like film. No track record of work and earning your sweat. You dey advise people. The lady who hops on a plane to Europe, every 2 months, jumping from shop to shop, looking for bargains, and pulling suitcases on high-streets just so she can make something never advise person... Na the one wey know Excellency. (Biblical knowing). After they will come and testify in church and make all others look like God is selective. And after those all the runs they will start running their mouths. One say in first class one day and her aunty saw her as she boarded a plane to Abu Dhabi. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"... Degwo ma. "VRENDO. HOW COME YOU ARE SITTING HERE?". My Isoko is not too bad. But from what I gathered, her Mum is a nurse, struggling to keep things together. And she wanted to know if she was done with NYSC. Emmmm... emmmm. Its like... its not... The oga she was flying with did like he didn't know what was going on. After now she will tell people it's the Lord's Doing. Something is doing you''.

https://www.wotzup.ng/stop-lying-young-girls-about-hard-worked-miss-vimbai/

cc lalasticlala seun finestboi, missyb3

Re: Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai by WotzupNG: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2018
spot on.

I think she shading Laura Ikeji who recently flaunted a brand new ride with claims she got iyt via hardwork when we know her family is rich, even her hubby.

lalasticlala
Re: Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai by donstan18: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2018
cheesy
Re: Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai by newsynews: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2018
lalasticlala

Actress Ruth Kadiri has reacted to the post by the lady.

Re: Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai by LifestyleTonite: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
lalasticlala this is really a good one.

I think Alibaba killed it on this one. I find it surprising that nollywood actresses who hardly get roles in the industry can be seen on social media flaunting a luxurious lifestyle and basing it all on hardwork. Most of them sleep around with senators and rich sugar daddies. Yet they will be online acting as if they work harder than the man that carries cement to the last floor of a construction site. The saddest part is that they are now influencing the real hardworkers and successful people wrongly. An example is Folorunsho Alakija who has now taken social media to be her second home where she talks about how she achieved her success. She use to be very quite until now. Perhaps she feels the small fries are taking the spotllight. I'll agree she's no different from them cos we hear of her role under IBB.
Re: Stop Lying To Young Girls About How Hard You Have Worked – Miss Vimbai by lalasticlala(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2018

(1)

Top 7 Universities In Africa Revealed / My Family Are Not Unhappy With My Behaviour In The House - Cee-c / Serena Williams Explains Why She Chose To Marry A White Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.