Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Russia 2018 World Cup Could Be My Last – Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018 World Cup Could Be My Last – Messi (632 Views)

Infantino Criticized For Saying World Cup Could Stop African Migrants Dying / Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Russia 2018 World Cup Could Be My Last – Messi by NewsAfriq: 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
Lionel Messi said he won’t get another chance if Argentina fail to win the 2018 World Cup in Russia this summer, ESPN reports.

Barcelona’s attacking midfielder lost in three straight finals – two Copa America and the 2014 World Cup – in a three-year span and has not won a trophy with the senior team.

his hat trick at Ecuador in the Albiceleste’s 3-1 win in their final qualifier in October earned his country a spot in this year World Cup and again underlined the player’s importance to his national side.

Messi and his teammates have gotten a strained relationship with the Argentine media, feeling unfairly criticised.

He told La Cornisa TV that, “It’s just the feeling that this group of players has. It seems that having reached three straight finals didn’t mean anything. Obviously, we depend on results and unfortunately, we reached three finals and we didn’t win them........... Continue Reading>>>https://newsafriq.com/2018/03/russia-2018-world-cup-could-last-messi/

(1) (Reply)

There Will Be Blood!!!’- Anthony Joshua Warns Joseph Parker Ahead Of Fight / [VIDEO] Portugal 2-1 Egypt: Ronaldo's Last Minute Double Ensures Win | Goal / Funaab ALMNUS Emerges As The Top FPL Player In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.