Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured (703 Views)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / 15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured by obafemee80(m): 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2018

In March last year Zahid Khan parked his Ferrari 458 Spider on the pavement outside Birmingham Crown Court. He was there to appeal his conviction for forcing tenants out of homes they had rented.

He succeeded in overt-turning three charges. But a month later his Ferrari 458 Spider was seized by West Midlands police who suspected it was stolen.

The 31-year-old millionaire says he bought his cherished Ferrari 458 Spider from a large auction company and sourced all the parts used in the car from official sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sa8PWQmys

When he later appeared in court with papers to prove his ownership of the vehicle he was told that it had already been destroyed.

The police spokesperson then revealed that the car was crushed because it had no valid insurance and was a Category B vehicle, which are officially classed as 'unroadworthy', meaning it had to be destroyed.

Category B means that the body shell should be crushed as this category signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable.

He said on Facebook: 'This is my Ferrari the police crushed unlawfully!! It has taken them almost 1 year to release the video, I wonder why?

'My car was insured, and I was the owner. They went behind my back and removed a court order that was imposed on the car without notifying my self or my legal team.

He says he is now planning on taking legal action after obtaining footage from the police.
He said: "I can’t believe they have destroyed my car.

"I love supercars and have owned a number of them and loved this car. “I saved to buy this car, and it was sentimental to me and my family.

“The police had no right to do what they did, it’s very sad, this money could have gone to a good cause.

“Ferrari parts are worth more than the car itself. “I had a quote to sell the Ferrari in parts for over N126m (£250k). "I'm planning on taking the officer to court for breaching a court order and unlawfully destroying my car.”

In a statement West Midlands Police said the video is in relation to a trial which is due to start next month.

They stated that Khan and two other people, including his brother Aamir, are charged with conspiracy to commit fraud. The trial talks about the group being involved in a vehicle registration scam in which the rights to high-value number plates were stolen and offered for resale for more than £100,000.
Re: British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured by obafemee80(m): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
Waste of money or what do you think?

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured by heendrix(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
shocked
ooboi
Re: British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured by speedyconnect3: 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
see the Kain money these ppl dey call...
Re: British Police Crushes Seized N101m Ferrari 458 Spider Because It Wasn't Insured by spartacus11(m): 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
Make dis happen foe Nigeria, PMB head would have be cut off by now

(1) (Reply)

Travel Dilemma ....discuss / See Countries Producing And Exporting Air Planes / Boarding A Plane For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.