Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

I Won’t Beg Tinubu, Royal Fathers To Retain My Seat – Gov Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Beg Tinubu, Royal Fathers To Retain My Seat – Gov Akeredolu (618 Views)

Olorunrinu: 'Nigerians Should Beg Tinubu To Contest 2023 Presidency’ / Please Deliver Us From Akeredolu, Ondo Youths Beg Tinubu / Udom Emmanuel Buys SUVs For Royal Fathers In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Beg Tinubu, Royal Fathers To Retain My Seat – Gov Akeredolu by agba1900: 12:00am On Mar 22, 2018
Royal fathers won’t dine with a thief – Abraham
The Governor of Ondo State, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu has vowed not to beg either the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, or royal fathers, to retain his seat.

His stance was made known to our correspondent on Friday just as plans, by a leading contestant in the September 3, 2016 APC governorship primaries, to sack the governor from office through the courts, gathered momentum.

Investigations by The Point revealed that some traditional rulers in Ondo State were helping to prevail on the aggrieved contestant, Dr. Olusegun Abraham, to dump his legal action.

Abraham is currently in court, demanding the removal of Akeredolu. He claimed

that the result of the APC primary election, which produced the governor, was manipulated.

In the riveting case, which Akeredolu is also trying to stop through the Supreme Court, Abraham is insisting that he won the APC primary election and that he should be declared the duly elected Governor of Ondo State.

Our correspondent gathered that the monarch of Abraham’s Ikare-Akoko community in the Akoko North-East Local Council, Oba Akadiri Momoh, who is the Chairman of the Ondo State Council of Traditional Rulers, is under pressure to prevail on his ‘son’ to come to an agreement with the governor.

A palace source, preferring anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the dispute, said royal fathers from Akeredolu’s Owo area and others from the riverine areas, where the Deputy Governor, Mr. Agboola Ajayi, hails from, had been consulting with the Olukare, in the hope that he would succeed in persuading Abraham to “settle out of court.”

The source claimed that the Akeredolu camp engaged the emissary of royal fathers, especially as Abraham appeared to be making progress in his legal fight.

Though a senior chief in the Olukare palace told our correspondent that the revered monarch would not speak on the touchy issue, he revealed nonetheless that the monarch was in a dilemma.

“In the first place, the Oba is loyal to the state governor as would be expected, but at the same time, Abraham is a native of Ikare and is like a son to him. So, only Abraham can determine his course of action in the final analysis,” the senior chief, who would not want his name mentioned, disclosed.

In another breath, reliable sources also informed our correspondent that top APC politicians, close to Governor Akeredolu, had been reaching out to Tinubu to “truly come to terms” with the governor, by prevailing on Abraham, his acclaimed political godson, to abandon the suit.

In the last governorship election, Tinubu had backed Abraham, having fallen out with Akeredolu, who he had backed four years earlier.

NONE OF OUR ROYAL FATHERS WOULD DINE WITH THE THIEF, IF THE TRUTH IS KNOWN TO THEM; AND WE ARE IN COURT TO SHOW THE TRUTH AND RE-CLAIM THE STOLEN MANDATE; THEREFORE, NO PRESSURE FROM ANY QUARTER, HOWEVER EXERTED, WOULD MATTER OR CHANGE THE COURSE OF JUSTICE

I CAN NEVER BEG ANYBODY, SAYS AKEREDOLU

However, reacting to the raging speculation that he had enlisted the services of traditional rulers and other eminent persons to help him plead with Abraham and Tinubu, Akeredolu said, “There is nothing like that.”

The governor, who reacted through the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Yemi Olowolabi, said, “I can assure you that there is nothing like that. The governor holds Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in high esteem; but there is nothing like parading Tinubu’s house or the house of anybody or begging the royal fathers to help him beg anyone. Akeredolu is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He knows how to go about the case in court.

The governor holds Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in high esteem; but there is nothing like parading anybody’s house, begging the royal fathers or Tinubu to help beg someone. Akeredolu is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He knows how to go about the case in court

http://www.thepointng.com/abrahams-suit-i-wont-beg-tinubu-royal-fathers-to-retain-my-seat-gov-akeredolu/
Re: I Won’t Beg Tinubu, Royal Fathers To Retain My Seat – Gov Akeredolu by engrMikemd(m): 12:19am On Mar 22, 2018
story for the gods
Re: I Won’t Beg Tinubu, Royal Fathers To Retain My Seat – Gov Akeredolu by slivertongue: 12:35am On Mar 22, 2018
their state

their party

their problem...

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Only Male Released By Boko Haram In Dapchi Yesterday / Why Is China Building ECOWAS A $32 Million Headquarters In Abuja? / Lawmaker Chased With Stones After Donating Motorcycles And Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.