Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD (6265 Views)

SOLD Neatly Used 2007 Volvo XC90 SUV (first Body)SOLD / Clean 2013 Infinity JX35 For Sale (SUV) Toks..SOLD!!! / Kia Rondo 2007 Suv Toks.... 1.95m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
aieromon:

Wow.

Truly, the Vehicle Licensing Authority only needs the VIN, Engine number and color of car to register it on their database. Some people can be so evil. angry angry

How was the buyer able to "re-register" the car?

• Not all Cars require Engine Number for Registration and not all Vehicle Licencing office check custom papers before registration. Where his Company erred was they paid to him directly and not to me. So he just used the money to cater for his needs

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
calculusx:

• Not all Cars require Engine Number for Registration and not all Vehicle Licencing office check custom papers before registration. Where his Company erred was they paid to him directly and not to me. So he just used the money to cater for his needs

That’s really criminal and unfortunate. The country we live in.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by donchisel: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
calculusx:

* I saw your Post and I didn't ignore. I have been reading about so many other adverts linked to this thread for the past 2 hours I have not even been able to upload any advert today grin. Interesting and funny comments from NLers. I have missed soo much on here because I just upload adverts and move on without going through what has been happening on Auto Section.

It takes just man to change the world. In as much as you are doing a great Job which you have actually succeeded in doing because I can now see many dealers uploading Pre-purchase pictures which is good for the business, I must reiterate that even I, as an importer, I can't remember the last time I checked Vehicle History. I buy nothing less than 15 Cars on Auctions weekly, how many reports will I check when it's not even sure I will end up winning the bid. So, I only rely on the present state of the Car, I can later check Report after winning the bid if need be which at most times are been exaggerated. Like someone rightly said on another thread, a Car can be term Salvage just because of bumper damage, it all depends on the owner's insurance policy. I'm still surprised how you got Vin no for my 2011 RX 350 except if you got it after I posted the Pre-purchase Pictures.

I had a bitter experience displaying Vin no online here which made me stopped, even if a Client private chat me asking for Vin no, i always feel reluctant releasing it but always release pre-purchase pictures. Not because I had idea what the Report was or was hiding anything, I rather send the US Pics to make their decision. Someone saw my advert, requested for the Vin to to be displayed which I did, this person came to my office with his boss to inspect the Vehicle, made copies of Custom Paper claiming to want to verify if duty was paid and that was all I heard from them.

Few Months after someone else bought the Vehicle and was unable to register it. The Customer could have come here and called me names for selling a Registered Vehicle as Toks. He had a listening ear and we both investigated the Case. It turned out that the guy that inspected the Vehicle with his boss actually took a loan from his office to procure the Car and Registered it without my consent. Luckily, he did the Registration with his Phone number and that was how we were able to track him down. Ever since then, I stopped displaying Vin nos on majority of my adverts

Kudos to you for this Change you brought to Auto Section. You deserve a recommendation

Clearly, every business decision has a good reason from past experience.
Details like this make novice like us better.
Thank you @Calculusx
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by donchisel: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:

That’s really criminal and unfortunate. The country we live in.

@Cosplay, only a legal entity can declare a criminal act and not you.
I would rather refer the action as that of one without any integrity to protect.

It is also possible that this guy doesn't even know the implications and impact of auto-registration and only needed the loan money to do other things. He should be arrested and prosecuted accordingly, if he refuses to transfer ownership to the real buyer.

I expect licensing offices should demand proof of purchase from registrants, but anything goes in Nigeria.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2018
donchisel:

I would rather refer the action as that of one without any integrity to protect.

It is also possible that this guy doesn't even know the implications and impact of auto-registration and only needed the loan money to do other things. He should be arrested and prosecuted accordingly, if he refuses to transfer ownership to the real buyer.

I expect licensing offices should demand proof of purchase from registrants, but anything goes in Nigeria.

1. This individual procured custom papers and other details for a vehicle he did not legally take ownership of and proceeded to use same to create fraudulent documents with the intention to defraud his firm and get them to provide funds which he subsequently used for other purposes.

2. In the process the following occurred, whether he was directly involved or was an accomplice in:
-Theft/ Unauthorized possession of Vehicle documents:

Unauthorized possession of said documents as the legal owner did not approve his ownership of the custom documents he made copies of.

-Forgery of Vehicle documents in collaboration with the licensing agent.

-Misappropriation of company funds

And the above were premeditated actions

He should be arrested and prosecuted. Contrary to the picture you’ve tried to paint, he wasn’t ignorant, and even if he claimed to be. His ignorance of the law is and will not be an excuse.

Whether he releases the documents or not is irrelevant. It may be taken into account in determining his ultimate legal punishment, but it does not excuse the act.

A robber who returns the stolen money would still be legally culpable for the act, but the fact that he returned it may lessen his ultimate sentence.

4 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
It is illegal to provide registration documents for a vehicle which has not been examined or inspected by the designated officer and has not had the presented documents for said vehicle registration, inspected and verified.

It is also illegal to exhibit or use said illegally obtained and falsified documents.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. The fact that the law is not adhered to by a lot of unscrupulous agents of the law, does not suddenly make it legal or acceptable.

It is also illegal to obtain or use customs-issued or obtained documents in an illegal or unauthorized manner.

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Gravatar: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
Cosplay:
It is illegal to provide registration documents for a vehicle which has not been examined or inspected by the designated officer and has not had the presented documents for said vehicle registration, inspected and verified.

It is also illegal to exhibit or use said illegally obtained and falsified documents.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. The fact that the law is not adhered to by a lot of unscrupulous agents of the law, does not suddenly make it legal or acceptable.

It is also illegal to obtain or use customs-issued or obtained documents in an illegal or unauthorized manner.

Bros you don de cast yasef. Na lawyer you be. Lawyer leave nairalan go court.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Mrtesso: 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
Seems like O hell X iyaf joined the VIN drive. Are they on NL

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
timifakay:

I think Gazzuzz and Ishilove are his closest pals, they are in the best position to answer you. cool
Lmao! cheesy cheesy

Closest pals indeed. Smh

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Geniro: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
valarinz:

You're in the same league with him, you can also go and die if my trolling to him pains u.

The day u also decide to take things personal and take this your fake good samaritan bullshit out of here to go to my Facebook page too, I'll start coming for u.

Bye

You are embarrassing yourself with reckless aplomb. You need to exit this thread to preserve your state.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
Geniro:

You are embarrassing yourself with reckless aplomb. You need to exit this thread to preserve your state.

Who's this one, your mama knows you playing with her phone??
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Geniro: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2018
valarinz:

Who's this one, your mama knows you playing with her phone??

You be real pikin. See as i dey shame for you. grin

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by timifakay(m): 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
donchisel:

@Cosp.lay, only a legal entity can declare a criminal act and not you.

Ignorance is no defense.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by donchisel: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2018
timifakay:

Ignorance is no defense.

Noboby is defending yet.
My point is that criminal justice should not be determined on the media.

We only heard from calculuxs and is not yet opportuned to hear from the other party.
Hence the need to choose our criticism carefully.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
donchisel:

Noboby is defending yet.
My point is that criminal justice should not be determined on the media.

We only heard from calculuxs and is not yet opportuned to hear from the other party.
Hence the need to choose our criticism carefully.

• Which other Party? What do you expect to hear from someone that inspected a Vehicle, have access to Custom Paper claiming he wants to verify it and dashed into thin air. I called him for update after a week, he claimed funds has not been approved yet only to discovered after several months that he actually registered the Car and collected the loan. Hiss
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
calculusx:

• Which other Party? What do you expect to hear from someone that inspected a Vehicle, have access to Custom Paper claiming he wants to verify it and dashed into thin air. I called him for update after a week, he claimed funds has not been approved yet only to discovered after several months that he actually registered the Car and collected the loan. Hiss

Isn't it funny how we tend to create excuses for illegal actions.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by valarinz: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
calculusx:

When cotonou runs was still rampant, there's a dealer who brought in a car and haven't paid duty, someone came to his stand to inspect the car and took the vin number and went straight to pay duty for same car and afterwards came with security officials to claim ownership of same car, saying it was stolen from him.

Ever witnessed that type of scam too?
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cosplay:

Isn't it funny how we tend to create excuses for illegal actions.

• He spent days in Police net though. Donchisel was expecting him to come online here and explain his part. What does a thief have to explain here? He wasn't even a NLer

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Fixed: 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
donchisel:

So Donchisel what do you call the act, a charitable one?

And why are you saying he should be arrested and prosecuted or you expect that he can be set free with the act? I guess if a thief robs you of your belongings you will congratulate and pat him on the back because the chief justice of Nigeria is yet to declare the act as criminal.

Abeg this your argument no follow.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Readonee35L:

If you can provide me with the first lot number of this car with the pictures of the crash before it was retitled . i'd be happy

Just occurred to me that I never did get back to you about the vehicle history.

There were 2 accidents in its history. It was not put up for insurance auction after the first accident so there’s no lot number, and there are no photos of the second accident, an animal impact, on file.

However it was reported as a total loss/Salvage, then was reconstructed for the sale. That was why the title at point of sale was Reconstructed, as opposed to a Direct Salvage title.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
calculusx:

* I saw your Post and I didn't ignore. I have been reading about so many other adverts linked to this thread for the past 2 hours I have not even been able to upload any advert today grin. Interesting and funny comments from NLers. I have missed soo much on here because I just upload adverts and move on without going through what has been happening on Auto Section.

It takes just man to change the world. In as much as you are doing a great Job which you have actually succeeded in doing because I can now see many dealers uploading Pre-purchase pictures which is good for the business, I must reiterate that even I, as an importer, I can't remember the last time I checked Vehicle History. I buy nothing less than 15 Cars on Auctions weekly, how many reports will I check when it's not even sure I will end up winning the bid. So, I only rely on the present state of the Car, I can later check Report after winning the bid if need be which at most times are been exaggerated. Like someone rightly said on another thread, a Car can be term Salvage just because of bumper damage, it all depends on the owner's insurance policy. I'm still surprised how you got Vin no for my 2011 RX 350 except if you got it after I posted the Pre-purchase Pictures.

I had a bitter experience displaying Vin no online here which made me stopped, even if a Client private chat me asking for Vin no, i always feel reluctant releasing it but always release pre-purchase pictures. Not because I had idea what the Report was or was hiding anything, I rather send the US Pics to make their decision. Someone saw my advert, requested for the Vin to to be displayed which I did, this person came to my office with his boss to inspect the Vehicle, made copies of Custom Paper claiming to want to verify if duty was paid and that was all I heard from them.

Few Months after someone else bought the Vehicle and was unable to register it. The Customer could have come here and called me names for selling a Registered Vehicle as Toks. He had a listening ear and we both investigated the Case. It turned out that the guy that inspected the Vehicle with his boss actually took a loan from his office to procure the Car and Registered it without my consent. Luckily, he did the Registration with his Phone number and that was how we were able to track him down. Ever since then, I stopped displaying Vin nos on majority of my adverts

Kudos to you for this Change you brought to Auto Section. You deserve a recommendation

I understand your position, but it seems to me that this happened because he got the original custom papers from you and then made copies.

With Just the VIN, he wouldn't have been able to do what he did.

I don't quite see the connection between not posting the VIN for your vehicles on this forum and your experience.

A lot of Vehicles here have their VINs available, and I don't see what harm could come of having just the VIN, without the necessary documentation.

If that were a problem then it would be just as easy to get similar VINs off the internet for whatever unlikely nefarious purpose.

Inasmuch as you don't seem the sort to import a flooded vehicle, I'm sure you can see that just posting photos of its state at time of auction would not reveal the flooded history.

The same would apply to vehicles salvaged for Mechanical or undercarriage faults. These wouldn't be evident from the photos.

Perhaps you could explain further?

3 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ipfreely:

I understand your position, but it seems to me that this happened because he got the original custom papers from you and then made copies.

I don't quite see the connection between not posting the VIN for your vehicles on this forum and your experience.

A lot of Vehicles here have their VINs available, and I don't see what harm could come of having just the VIN, without the necessary documentation.

• I can register any Car with just the Chasis no and many people can do the same too. Some liscencing office have no interest in your Custom Papers. If they do, how did Vehicles without Custom Papers get registered?

My modus operandi is to display Pre-purchase pictures which is full disclosure of what I know and see at time of Purchase and that will not change anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
calculusx:

• I can register any Car with just the Chasis no and many people can do the same too. Some liscencing office have no interest in your Custom Papers. If they do, how did Vehicles without Custom Papers get registered?

My modus operandi is to display Pre-purchase pictures which is full disclosure of what I know and see at time of Purchase and that will not change anytime soon.

Noted.

So all one needs to register a vehicle validly is the Chassis number? No sort of document? Receipt of purchase? Nothing else?

That's a really sorry state of affairs, if that's the case.

Would explain the state of this section. It's merely a microcosm of the Nigerian state.

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ipfreely:

If that were a problem then it would be just as easy to get similar VINs off the internet for whatever unlikely nefarious purpose.

Inasmuch as you don't seem the sort to import a flooded vehicle, I'm sure you can see that just posting photos of its state at time of auction would not reveal the flooded history.

The same would apply to vehicles salvaged for Mechanical or undercarriage faults. These wouldn't be evident from the photos.

Please respond to the highlighted.
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Ipfreely: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
In addition, I just noticed, in one of your adverts a few moments ago, that the pre-purchase photos you made available were merely thumbnails, not visible for comparison to the current photos of the vehicle you posted.

Please post actual photos of the pre-purchase condition like you do for most of your vehicles, and not thumbnails. I'm sure you understand the reasons for that.

Lots of Vehicles look similar when they are presented as image thumbnails.

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ipfreely:

Noted.

• No vex say my wahala too much. I'v experienced soo many things in this business that some of them are hard to believe. Vin Report is GOOD. YES but it's boldly written "not all events or accident are been reported.
Gone are the days I rely soo much on Vin Report. I sold a 2004 Honda Accord to a priest here in 2013. The Autocheck report I relied on as deciding factor was different from what the priest came up with after 4months I purchased the Vehicle and Vehicle is already in Nigeria. How can someone explain that if I won't be label a thief.
Will dig up the thread and post it here. So, if I say there is more than what meets the eye in Vehicle Report, i know what I'm saying
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 6:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ipfreely:
In addition, I just noticed, in one of your adverts a few moments ago, that the pre-purchase photos you made available were merely thumbnails, not visible for comparison to the current photos of the vehicle you posted.

Please post actual photos of the pre-purchase condition like you do for most of your vehicles, and not thumbnails. I'm sure you understand the reasons for that.

Lots of Vehicles look similar when they are presented as image thumbnails.

• Bros today is Palm Sunday ooo. Is it only this thumbnails you saw from the advert? How about the first 4 pictures? I yam not understanding grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4383534/tin-can-cleared-2005-toyota-camry

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ipfreely:

Please respond to the highlighted.

* In response to your question, I have NEVER for once imported Flood or Under carriage Vehicles because they are not the standard of Cars I imported.

Continue digging deep because I made it categorically known I won't display Vin here, it's surely a dead end. Cosplay, who have a way of getting Vin nos just by pictures would have done all these digging deep you are doing now but I always checks out.

Besides, do you think I rely solely on NL for my daily bread? I am an IT by Profession who work remotely but have passion for this business. Most of us are here because we love NL and are addicted to it. This is my own instablog and instagram cum lib grin Pls dig elsewhere because I'm Clean

Draw this traffic to any of my adverts abeg, i need it more over there

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by calculusx(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ipfreely:

Noted.

So all one needs to register a vehicle validly is the Chassis number? No sort of document? Receipt of purchase? Nothing else?

That's a really sorry state of affairs, if that's the case.

Would explain the state of this section. It's merely a microcosm of the Nigerian state.

* In most Liscencing Offices and not all
Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
calculusx:

* In response to your question, I have NEVER for once imported Flood or Under carriage Vehicles because they are not the standard of Cars I imported.

Continue digging deep because I made it categorically known I won't display Vin here, it's surely a dead end. Cosplay, who have a way of getting Vin nos just by pictures would have done all these digging deep you are doing now but I always checks out.

Besides, do you think I rely solely on NL for my daily bread? I am an IT by Profession who work remotely but have passion for this business. Most of us are here because we love NL and are addicted to it. This is my own instablog and instagram cum lib grin Pls dig elsewhere because I'm Clean

grin who Dey call my name for here

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by Cosplay: 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
calculusx:

How much you go pay? cheesy grin

I only accept btc. HODL till I disapparate.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Xc90 Suv Toks *****SOLD SOLD SOLD by millomaniac: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cosplay:

Not really Sir. Just a below average Jobless fellow trying to make this section better in his perhaps warped perspective.

Since you checked and found that the volvo damage was not serious, you should have just left it there since the seller has already provided vin. If it was a serious accident then what you did will be justified. This is a business section, it is serious and you should understand it is some peoples means of livelihood. I support what you are doing but dont maliciously discredit peoples ads.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Clean Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2004 With Full Option Call 07082361524 For 1.3m. / price reduce now 1.8m Clean tok Benz E Class 4matic 2006 / SOLD OUT Toyota Camry In Ibadan 08088525399@7.5m Vin Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.