Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian (44941 Views)

Was Abba Kyari's body Flown In From London? (photo) / Leah Sheribu, The Christian Dapchi Girl To Her Mother: "Pray For Will Of God" / Army Commander Carrying Released Dapchi Girl (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Ben108: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2018
Ruth Maclean and Isaac Abrak

Boko Haram has released more than 100 of the schoolgirls it abducted last month, returning them to their village in north-east Nigeria.

One of the goals of Boko Haram – which has kidnapped thousands of girls, boys and women, forcing some of them to blow themselves up, killed thousands of others and displaced millions – is to stop children receiving what it perceives as western-style education.

Hafsat Abdullahi phoned the Guardian to say her 16-year-old sister Fatima, who had been taken, had been dropped off in Dapchi. She put her sister on the phone.

“It took us three days to get back to Dapchi,” said Fatima. “We were divided into three groups and flown in planes, and taken over rivers in boats.”

Soon after arriving back in Dapchi, the army told Fatima and her schoolmates to assemble at the village hospital.

“They took all of them to the hospital, Fatima is in the hospital now,” Hafsat said later, waiting at home to see her sister. “I heard that the chief of staff of the army is here and wants to take the girls with him to Damaturu. I don’t like that – I want her to stay.”

Their parents were not allowed in to see them, and the girls were soon put into vehicles and driven away. Their destination was Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, where they were to meet the president, Muhammadu Buhari.

In the aftermath of the Dapchi attack, Buhari said his government would negotiate with the militants, but in a statement released on Twitter on Wednesday he claimed there had been “backchannel” negotiations and that no ransoms had been paid.

This raises the question of what was offered to secure the girls’ release. The Nigerian government held several Boko Haram commanders who could have been handed over as barter.

Other aspects of the abduction and release remain murky. According to an Amnesty International report, the army and police had been warned that Boko Haram would abduct the girls and made no attempt to stop them.

Focusing on schoolgirl abductions distorts the view of life in Nigeria | Chitra Nagarajan

They also had been warned that they would be brought back on Wednesday morning, according to Dapchi residents, and positioned themselves at the school they had been taken from, thinking that they would be dropped off there.

However, their kidnappers drove them into the centre of the village, close to the police station.

Neither the military nor the police attempted to apprehend the militants, who even stopped to change a tyre before leaving Dapchi, according to Mataba.

Parents of the Chibok girls, kidnapped four years earlier in a neighbouring state to worldwide condemnation, happened to be in Dapchi to commiserate with their counterparts and urge them to be patient.

The Chibok girls were taken before Boko Haram split into several factions, when it was led by Abubakar Shekau, a notorious militant who vowed to “sell them in the market” and who is still believed to have some 100 of the girls in his custody, having traded others for vast sums of money, according to an investigation by the Wall Street Journal.

Source:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/21/boko-haram-returns-some-of-the-girls-it-kidnapped-last-month
Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by tomakint: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2018
This is it! It is crystal clear that more dissenting voices will start to spring up to cause more confusion on the fake Dapchi girls return, imagine this badly scripted play by a moronic government. Boko Haram had been technically defeated this I have been hearing since early 2017 and yet this same Technically Defeated Boko Haram (TDBH) have the nerve to drive in broad daylight (in a place expected to be a militarized zone) to drop off some girls they "kept" to their master in Aso rock for a job well done. It shall not be well with any soul chanting 'Sai Buhari till 2023', Amen!

302 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by BankeSmalls(f): 11:22am On Mar 23, 2018
They even had enough luxury of time to change a bad tyre grin

I tell you, even if they brought out a pot and cooked jollof rice in the village square, the police will only be salivating on the aroma of the meal grin

347 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by bankyblue(m): 11:22am On Mar 23, 2018
Hmmm, this is the beginging of the end for pmb, lai Moh'D and co

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by QuotaSystem: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2018
This is beginning to stink.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by eTECTIVe(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2018
Anoda day, Anoda new episode with more intrigues exposing dis govt d more.. So BH had a free ride to and from d town despite all d military presence in d area abi
Even d mo.ron above is enjoying d show.

For more Lies, and Poorly Scripted Episodes, Text APC to 419. SMS cost is absolutely free

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2018
You've tried it elsewhere and it seems not to work... Now come let's do it together. We teach, educate, and sell tools. Just a click on my signature….. If you know, you know.
Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Paperwhite(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2018
“It took us three days to get back to Dapchi,” said Fatima. “We were divided into three groups and flown in planes, and taken over rivers in boats.”

Imagine these militants moving all along while the highly fortified military present watched helplessly. undecided
One thing is certain,all who have a hand in this scripted scam will answer for it sometime someday. angry

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by OhGeeBee: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2018
What can I say.

My previous comments doesn't change anything, so is this.

I'm just tired of this sick and cripple nation.

God should just help me make I carry my family comot this sick country before everything gets even more disastrous.

War and violence. That's what Nigeria's future holds.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Mogidi: 11:31am On Mar 23, 2018
Before you know it a new group will kidnap another 100 girls and wait for bumper pay off from uncle Bubu.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2018
This country is a joke.

23 Likes

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Ratello: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2018
By the time the real truth behind this Boko Haram drama will be finally revealed, no soul in Nigeria will ever wish Buhari and his APC well in life for playing on the Mumu minds of unwary Nigerian youths who refused to make good use of their grey matters on sensitive issues that can easily be reasoned out. Connect the dots, cross the T and dot the I in this whole drama you will understand that Boko Haram is an extension of Ministry of Interior to intimidate and threaten while doing the bidding of the man at the Aso Rock with his cabals.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by FarahAideed: 11:38am On Mar 23, 2018
So Boko Haram has the ability to airlift over 100 Abductees in planes....hmm. interesting

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by binsanni(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2018
yeeeeeeeeeeeeee jesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, funkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Paperwhite(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2018
Ratello:
By the time the real truth behind this Boko Haram drama will be finally revealed, no soul in Nigeria will ever wish Buhari and his APC well in life for playing on the Mumu minds of unwary Nigerian youths who refused to make good use of their grey matters on sensitive issues that can easily be reasoned out. Connect the dots, cross the T and dot the I in this whole drama you will understand that Boko Haram is an extension of Ministry of Interior to intimidate and threaten while doing the bidding of the man at the Aso Rock with his cabals.
Truth!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by BiadeFolar(m): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2018
It is true. the chopper almost crashed but Jack Baur rescued it!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by PFRB: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
FarahAideed:
So Boko Haram has the ability to airlift over 100 Abductees in planes....hmm. interesting

This is the real issue. One of the Chibok girls narrated how helicopters used to drop supplies to the Boko Haram . Now we hear of the victims being air lifted. Planes, helicopters, trucks, buses etc etc. ? ? ? ? ?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Johnayoola(m): 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nawao, I just weak for this matter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by 400billionman: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
I am not surprised. Some people subsidized your flights with $1 billion dollars

9 Likes

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by limeta(f): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
We were flown in planes ,
to which airport
Anyway what am I saying
Buhari pls go and leave us alone resign

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Chrisbeks: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2018
Flown in planes? Yeye dey smell. I am beginning to believe the claim that this boko haram thing is a scam being perpetrated by those in high places in this country

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by LeOstrich: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nigerian Army = BOKO HARAM

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by KenOne: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
So some people are believing this poo of flying them in plane from which airport to which run way. Or because of hate to say government is accomplice. Abi plane now take off in the forest or bush as the case may be, abeg you comedians remind me of the boeing again, is it boeing 767 or 776 flight.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Ngokafor(f): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bokoharam would soon become a political party for the North and northerners...I pity gullible Southerners .

15 Likes

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by joudini(m): 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
KenOne:
So some people are believing this poo of flying them in plane from which airport to which run way. Or because of hate to say government is accomplice. Abi plane now take off in the forest or bush as the case may be, abeg you comedians remind me of the boeing again, is it boeing 767 or 776 flight.

Don't be a dummy. Have you heard of helicopters? It is a magical invention that is powered by engines to make it fly. It can take off and land anywhere with minimal space. There has been rumours of helicopters making drops to Boko haram. This solidifies that claim.

According to you clowns, anybody with constructive criticism against the govt is because of hate. Bill Gates also hates the govt too.

Pathetic filth.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Vinstel: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
Buhari, APC and boko haram are one and the same

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by 02PowerSolutns: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
unbelievable, since the return of dapchi girls, it have been a mystery in the minds of Nigerians, questions and thougths run through our minds.
we are happy for their safe returns but we need answers not just playing with the minds of Nigerians, thats not fair...
FREEE Online Marketing Solutions Training On Whatsapp These weekend.............Titled " Ranking My Business On Google" Advanced Training" check my profile for more info.
Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Vinstel: 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
KenOne:
No it is Boeing 1000 ode, you have never seen a helicopter in your life abi? Zombie will always be zombie.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
May be she was referring to helicopter.

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by omowolewa: 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
In a other Nations, defence chiefs will be in panic mode, feeling guilty of running out of ideas and strategies.

5 Likes

Re: Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian by adexdon(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
d movie get k leg,it no more truck nw it air plane.abi na part of d movie u telin us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Hundeyin: Tinubu Has Links To Street Gangs And Drug Cartels / Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023 / The "Made-In-aba" Box Filled With Products Ikpeazu Gave To Osinbajo (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.