Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,303 members, 7,864,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? (721 Views)

Fuel Stations In Port Harcourt On Strike? / Fuel Stations Sell Fuel In Daura, Jibiya Border Towns Despite Ban / Vice Pres. Prof Yemi Osibanjo Makes A Surprise Visit To Fuel Stations In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? by AutoReportNG2: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
"Now and again, I ponder in the case of being a Nigerian is a wrongdoing. We are not given power, which ought to be the significant need and commitment of any genuine government to its subjects. When we try to give same to ourselves, we are surcharged for doing that. What is our wrongdoing in this nation?" Those were the questions on my mind as I leave a filling station angrily for being charged for bringing a keg to a filling station.

I am sure many people have asked this question all over again, why all these petrol attendants dey charge for kegs or gallons. I have asked this timeless and no answer is forthcoming as it seems to be a norm in all petrol stations in Lagos, it is as if they are taking their own tithe or should I say tax from your fuel, imagine buying a fuel of 1,000 naira and you end up getting 950 naira the 50 naira is the money for bringing keg to the filling station. I once asked a manager of a station one day why this and he smiled and said: "You need to encourage the boys, those changes are the morale booster for them". This, unfortunately, has become a trend and the order of the day by petrol stations’ attendants across the state.

The most annoying thing is that this charge does not apply to people who go to the filling stations in their cars to buy the product. As long as you walk into the station with a keg to buy fuel you are bound to be surcharged and that's why the question, why the charges and what can we do to curtail this theft that has eaten deep into the system

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/03/why-do-fuel-stations-charge-for-kegs.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44

Re: Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? by AutoReportNG2: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
Whats your take? Lets talk
Re: Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
Not all filling stations charge for petrol to be sold in kegs. If you make wahala with them,they will not charge you.

I remember going to a station to buy fuel, they charged me 20naira for my keg. I refused to pay them. An okada man persuaded me to give them 20naira, I refused telling him to pay the 20naira for me if he so wants me to pay it. I told them to pour out the fuel that I won't pay the 20naira. They did and I went to another station to buy fuel without paying for the keg.

It's not that I don't have the 20naira to give but I decided not to pay for it because it's corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? by LivinaPatrick(f): 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
Nawa o,nothing person no go see!
Re: Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? by omowolewa: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2018
Soo annoying, especially when they don't do that with kegs in cars.

maybe to discouraged sales into kegs or cover for risks of sanctions

1 Like

Re: Why Do Fuel Stations Charge For Kegs? by kingi777: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
In Abuja, we pay as high as N500 for 30 litres of petrol. Infact most filling stations won't sell to you no matter the tip you want to give them. There's strong warning from monitoring agencies not to sell petrol in kegs. My advice is for them to consider business owners such as health establishments- hospitals, clinics, laboratories, pharmacy, etc that depend on power to run most of their daily routines.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria In Trouble Under Me – Buhari Finally Admits / Finally Buhari Vs Obasanjo / - US Ambassador Sends Message To Nigerians On How To Make Our Country Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.