Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos (637 Views)

Man Urinates Into Somali-Owned Shop In S. Africa As Owner Looks On (PICS) / Nigerian Army Dislodges Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno / FRSC Official Collects N10,000 Bribe From A Man, Forgets His IPhone 7 In His Car (2) (3) (4)

Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by VonTrapp: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
A 57-year old tenant, Mr. John Ogbaki in Lagos has dislodged his landlord, taken over the ownership of the house and had collected rent for two years.

The incident happened at Pasty Lane at New Oko Oba Estate in Lagos where the storey building was located.

Out of fear, the owner of the house had hurriedly relocated abroad, prepared a letter (the power of attorney) and handed the house to a female agent identified as Gloria.

Some residents were still surprised how Ogbaki managed to dislodge the owner and forced other tenants to pay rent directly to him as the new landlord for some years before the agent – Gloria intervened.

Gathered that Ogbaki’s illegal possession was halted when Gloria informed him that she had been given the power of attorney to manage the property. He however insisted that the house belonged to him and asked the agent to produce the landlord.

The matter was reported to the police at Area M Command, Idimu following a petition to the Area Commander, ACP Austines Akika.

During interrogations, he was asked to produce the documents that showed that he was the owner of the house but he was unable to produce any. The police then discovered that he was not the real owner of the house but imposed himself as the landlord and had been collecting rent from the tenants for those years.

He was charged before Ejigbo Magistrate court for criminal conversion of another’s property.

He pleaded not guilty.

The Presiding Magistrate, Mr. L.K.J. Layeni granted him bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The prosecutor, Mr. G. Simon did not object his bail condition.

He was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail condition.

The matter was adjourned till 28 March, 2018.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that since the fight between Ogbaki and Gloria – the agent started, the owner of the house remained silent and had continued to maintain a safe distance out of fear in order to know the eventual outcome of the matter before coming back.

http://pmexpressng.com/tenant-dislodges-landlord-collects-rent-owner/

Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by edmaraja: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
When Zoro will be singing " my landlord is now my tenant no be manpower " he doesn't know some people will get inspiration from the song to do exploits like this man in the story

Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by eleko1: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
we tin consign area M with oko oba wahala? No police station around there abi? Elere nko
Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by Megatrix: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oga op, you and cyriacus dey work ni? E never reach ten minutes weh cyracus report this news, you don already carry am come here
Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by mexxmoney: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
Tenant from hell
Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by Vinstel: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
I never see wetin go make me leave house weh I suffer build for my tenant o. You do anyhow, you see anyhow
Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by obaataaokpaewu: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
edmaraja:
When Zoro will be singing " my landlord is now my tenant no be manpower " he doesn't know some people will get inspiration from the song to do exploits like this man in the story
I dey tels you brotherly. This case shock me oh, the female agent go tough oh. I just dey imagine me for here wey I dey stay cum begin collect rent from other tenants even my landlord (landlord lives in the compound with us). grin

Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by Masama: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Devilish tenant
Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by coluka: 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
edmaraja:
Lol, maybe the guy is a fan of Zoro Akpa swag

Re: Tenant Dislodges Landlord, Collects Rent As Owner In Lagos by elgramz: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
Wetin person no go hear for this country

Offa Bank Robbery: We Counted 50 Dead Bodies – Vigilance Group / Swazi King’s 8th Wife Allegedly Commits Suicide (photo) / Please Help...i Am Being Roped