Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,380 members, 7,839,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode (2870 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Diary Of An Orgasm - A Tale By Nkemji / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Oroolorun(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2018
Thanks for the mention. I had been here since (in ghostmode) refreshing for days to see if you have update. You got a beautiful work here and beautifully written too, but pls update regularly for more traffic.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 9:40am On May 11, 2018
gabi98:
AvatarMode, I'm loving this, you making us see the world from mosquito's perspective
Lol...they sure have their perspective..lol... we never really cared sha..Na kill we wan kill them all..lol..Thanks a lot.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by donblazer10(m): 2:19pm On May 11, 2018

Lol...they sure have their perspective..lol... we never really cared sha..Na kill we wan kill them all..lol..Thanks a lot.
You're good bro.. keep it up...following
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 3:23pm On May 11, 2018
donblazer10:
You're good bro.. keep it up...following
I appreciate man..thanks..
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by donnaD(f): 6:59am On May 18, 2018
I appreciate man..thanks..
..please update ooo
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:37am On May 18, 2018
This is good
You made it sound like you are the boy Anopheles, lol
Waiting for more update
Wait,so mosquito betray each other?
This is interesting
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 11:56am On May 18, 2018
Oroolorun:
Thanks for the mention. I had been here since (in ghostmode) refreshing for days to see if you have update. You got a beautiful work here and beautifully written too, but pls update regularly for more traffic.
I will. Thanks
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2018
AgbenuAnna:
This is good You made it sound like you are the boy Anopheles, lol Waiting for more update Wait,so mosquito betray each other? This is interesting
I ain't o. Lol...Thanks
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2018
CHAPTER 5

"Life is not as easy as it seems", Mom started. "There is much to life that the eyes don't see. In fact, most things in life are not seen. They are done behind the backs of many, outside the observation of many. It takes one on the inside to know some things and one with a keen eyes too"

What was it? What was Mon saying? Why can't she just go straight to the point and stop beating around the bush. My curiosity was taking strong hold on me. And I was loosing patience quickly.

Mom was not one given to talking around corners. She was a straight talker- always going to the point. Why she is stalling, I do not know.

As if Mom was reading my mind, she said, "I know you are loosing patience"

I nodded.

"Its alright. Patience has always not been your strong suit. You've always been given to quickness- quick acts and all others. And that if you are not careful would put you in trouble, and make you make hasty decisions that could lead to bigger problems"

Enough of these lectures Mom, I thought. Is this the time for another mother- son counselling session? I just wanted to get answers. Answers that you dragged me into feeling curious to seek for.

"The community was growing and not just ours but others too. And with the increase in population and decline in food- human blood availability, there was pressure. Pressure to survive. And with time, a system of class was noted by the research unit. A strange one the would lead to deaths of many"

"Deaths of many?", I asked.

"Yes, and even more worse. They discovered that some of the anopheles were developing resistance to the killer gas that humans spray. And even when sprayed in their presence, they would not fail or pass out"

"Is that possible? I thought no mosquito could survive the killer gas"

"We all thought so until few weeks ago. The information got to the council and they swore to keep it as a secret and that any who broke the oath would be killed"

"Was that why Dad was killed?"

"There is more. Just be patient. Beyond getting to know about the discovery and deciding to keep it as a secret among themselves from the community, some elders felt that these resistant ones were better and more advanced species of our kind. That they are the future of our community and as such are worth proper care and attention to keep them alive.

"They must not die, they insisted. They must be given prior attention and regard. And to do this, whenever human blood comes in, a major portion should be given to them. And such portion, if set aside for them, would make the so- called lesser species stay without blood meal and in that way, they would be systematically eliminated from the anopheles community by starvation"

"That is pure evil", I spoke angrily

"That was what your Dad said and that was where his problem with them started. And that costed his life. He died because of the good he wanted to stand for. He died because he wanted fairness for everyone. He said, it was not the goodness of the so called few that got resistant to the killer gases. And that it was not the fault of those who are not resistant to the gas to be like that. And as such, there is no need and basis for special treatment for any"

"Dad was right. And I am sure they disagreed with him and killed him. He must have been killed by the killer gas just to prove to him that what he was fighting for was not worth it"

Mom smiled, "Your Dad did not die of the killer gas"

"What?"

"You Dad was also resistant to the killer gas"

I gasped.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 4:12pm On May 18, 2018
jasonex4:

Tanx 4 d mention...n nice imagination
Thanks..
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2018
Emzyme:
Can't wait
That's encouraging. Thanks a lot
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2018
donnaD:
..please update ooo
Sure..thanks

1 Like

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2018
CHAPTER 6

What I heard from Mom was alarming to me. It changed whatever thoughts I had had in the past weeks regarding Dad's death. I never knew it was going to be this different. For all I cared, I had thought that Dad was killed by the killer gas- the poisonous gas that humans spray on us to kill us.

I knew that Dad was murdered. I knew it was a planned one. A set up. The conversation I had heard at the center when the readers came in to give their reports was the reason for that. But far more heartbreaking was that he was killed by the 'people' he loved.

His close friend and friends were responsible. His fellow council members. He was betrayed by his own. His own colleagues. His own fellow statesmen and warriors.

Many times, it takes someone close to do you evil. Evil done in a close range rarely fails to get the anticipated result.

But far worst is an unmerited evil. Some evil are merited. They are just consequences of transgressions and evil done. They are logical outcomes of disobedience and wrong actions. Such are merited evil or rather merited pain. But Dad? His wasn't.

What is the merit is killing one who wants good for everyone? What is the moral justification is killing one who wants others to be kept alive? What is the civility in destroying one who believes in the right of co- existence? Who believes in live and let's live?

Dad was given an evil treatment, a treatment his kind never deserves. He was killed for wanting to be good. When did such noble desire become a crime?

At that moment, I resolved to get for Dad, the justice he was denied. I felt it was the best gift I could give to Dad. He had the right to justice. I was not going to deny his spirit that. I was going to give him a parting gift of justice. Those evil anopheles, those betrayers and murderers of their own would be brought to book.

I must expose them for the evil and fraud that they are. I must let others see the evil they are made of. I must let the community see how twisted their minds and thoughts are.

What kind of leadership is that? Is it not in the duty and role of leaders to protect their citizens? When has the citizens been considered a burden, a pain and an inconvenience to be done away with? Who gave the leadership the right to plot the down fall of the citizens they represent?

I was not going to do nothing. Even if it takes the last atom of my being, justice must be done.

After listening to Mom, I knew where to start from. Dad had started out a little group of some courageous anopheles who were bent on resisting the plan to initiate the 'class' or caste system and use evil means to eradicate the so called 'lesser' species.

I was going to meet with them and know what to do. To see if there is any working plan on ground that Dad left for the group. To know the available hands and resources and where to come in.

What I wanted to do, I could end up doing alone. But that would only be possible in a distant time. At this stage, I need fellows who can help, who share the same ambition and burden to work with.

To go fast, go alone. To go far, go with others.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Oroolorun(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2018
To go fast, go alone.
To go far, go with others.
To get there, go with your God.

Thanks for sharing.
But let there be no more long holiday because people here are Oliver T when it comes to updating.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2018
CHAPTER 7

I made sure I reported for work the next day. It was necessary I did. First, to avoid suspicion. Any sign of disloyalty or irregular commitment to work, which is one of my civil duties would be seen as suspicion and civil rebellion.

The reason is because some 'persons' were watching me. Before now, I did not know if any was watching me. I did not care. I did not think I was important, that I was worth anyone's attention. But what I just knew, the conspiracy going on among the elders of our anopheles community to mass murder lots of mosquitoes, made me feel I was been watched.

Whoever was watching me, I didn't know. That is one of the things that comes with knowing some bad secrets, you feel you are been monitored. I must be careful. I am sure Dad was been monitored that way till they killed him.

Dad was a very intelligent warrior and one of the traits that strong warriors like him possessed was the ability to be on the alert. To watch. To be sensitive. To keep watch over what is going on around you.

But Dad, despite his keen sense of alertness was still struck down. He knew he was going to be killed, but he didn't know when. I was sure I was not as keen minded as Dad, so I felt it was most proper for me to extremely cautious.

After work and providing my report for the day at the reading unit, where I was recently posted to, I left for home. Or so, I made whoever was capable of getting suspicious feel.

Meeting the little group of the Resistance was elating. It made me feel differently. I felt for the first time that I was part of something big, something worthwhile. Something that would make a difference. I felt not been odd as I had felt for a major part of my life. Maybe, this was what I was born to do. Maybe.

I sat and listened intently. I discovered to my shock that the elder, that male anopheles that was busy acting all caring was one of the bad fellows. He was dirty. And the more I listened, the more I saw how evil he was. I learnt that he and Dad were the first to discover that they were 'invincible' and resistant to the effect of the killer gas.

But he wanted to do something with that knowledge. Something evil. Why? Greed. Quest for power. Excessive quest for it. Intense greed for power. A desire to prove some supremacy and superiority. A maddening desire. This desire led him to kill his close friend, my Dad. When he saw that all his talks and promises that they would have nothing to loose but possess all the good things was not accepted but Dad, he decided that it was needful to eliminate him.

But what he did not know was that Dad had planted a seed that was going to be hard to eliminate. One that would outlive Dad. Dad had let a few loyals to know what was on.

What he did was 'disloyal', breaking his oath of secrecy with the council members but his motive was for good- to save lives.

That was typical of Dad- sacrificing the lesser good for a higher good. He disappointed the council to save many of the citizens. As soon as his evil and pretending friend discovered it, he took it upon himself to punish him by killing him. He made himself the judge and executor.

We were to lead a campaign secretly, to inform in discreet manner, all the family heads of what was going on. This would be a weapon that we would use- the weapon of the families heads voting power. By doing that, we would properly inform the family heads so that they would vote rightly and not ignorantly at the Adult Males meeting.

To be for warned is to be fore armed.

They had the right to determine if they would live or not. No one had the right to choose for them. No one had the power to determine who was to live or die. It was not the power of the council. The right to live was a universal right, and each individual was to chose for him or herself.

But we thought our task was going to be easy in as much as we were careful. But we were wrong. We were late in getting careful. We had already gotten careless.

Unknown to us, some anopheles were planted to infiltrate the Resistance. They were spies. They were highly intelligent readers that could so blend in and not get detected.

We didn't check any out. This was typical of many resistant forces. They trust easily and feel everyone present was there for the good of their cause. And since, we like all resistance forces were considered rebels, disloyal and therefore punishable by law upon discovery, we did our meetings secretly and quickly. No time to waste time. We had to go straight to the agenda of the day. This haste coated us badly.

As a result, we let in some of the enemies in. And that would cost us dearly. Again I say, dearly.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by gabi98(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2018
nice piece from you AvatarMode
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2018
gabi98:
nice piece from you AvatarMode
Thanks man. I appreciate
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:53am On May 24, 2018
Thanks for the post

Update us soon
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by gabi98(m): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
I hope there is no issue delaying an update of this story Avatarmode
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 05, 2018
Nyc

More pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scourge Of Inbreeding : Short Story ( Adult Content; 18+ ) / My Random Thoughts / Poets Please C'mere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.