Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,906 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode (2853 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Diary Of An Orgasm - A Tale By Nkemji / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
This is an allegory. It is an imagined work.

As usual, I salute the generals here.
Your comments would be highly needed and appreciated.
Thank you
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
SYNOPSIS

The war between humans and mosquitoes have been on for centuries.

A warrior male Anopheles was betrayed by his own and his son's destiny is about to be aborted.

What would become of his lineage?

Lost Trust. Betrayals lurk everywhere.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2018
CHAPTER 1

STORIES AND US

We all sat down. It was an early morning and the morning breeze was calm and slightly cold. It was the kind of breeze that would make flying easy, such that we would just pretend like we were eagles and 'soar' on the soft and gentle wind.

Grandma was set as usual for her morning tales. I have been finding the series of stories that grandma had been telling us these day interesting and strange and these stories were getting me scared.

Why? They were stories filled with wars and all the bad things that follow wars- deaths, blood sheds and sorrows in families that lost loves ones.

I am boy Anopheles. I had heard that word, boy from a human mother addressing his child, and it sounded good to me. I immigration, fell in love with it and got myself nicknamed with it.

The other name, Anopheles is our generic name. In an every day language, it is the general name for our kind.

As I was saying, the stories grandma was telling us were about our constant fights against humans. These creatures were far bigger and stronger than us. But that was not all, they were smarter than us.

The fact of their smartness was a general fact that could not be argued among the Anopheles species. In fact, it had led to some of the most brain storming and heated meetings in our community. Many times, papa would return back from such meetings without talking to anyone.

I did not know why at first, but as I grew, I discovered why. It was about the survival of our kind. And that really gote scared because papa was one of the warrior Anopheles. He was a top ranked officer and I feared that he would one day go out to one of these fights and attacks on humans and never return.

Why? Because a mean human, as my grandma would say, might clapp him dead in between his or her hand or might use one of these poisonous gases of theirs from a spray can and suffocate him to death.

Whatever it was, I just could not properly place my hand on it. Grandma had a way of getting so tensed and tight faced and agitated when telling us of how valiantly our ancestors fought against humans and exhibited such valor and boldness even in the faces of these giant creatures and some even died and died, gloriously.

Usually, we rarely hold burial ceremonies as I had heard about our arch enemies- humans. You might wonder how I could tell you all these, well, mama said I was special and I was one of the 'gifted ones' just like my papa.

Unlike my papa, who was 'gifted' in physical strength and energy, he was one of the most athletic and muscular male Anopheles, I was not gifted with a huge body but with a huge brain. My brain was something else, our elders had told papa. They said usually few of my kind were born in a generation. And that we hold special place in our survival.

I wondered why. I did not understand that. I wished I was as gifted as papa but I wasn't. They said I was gifted in my brain and would end up working with the Intelligence Unit of our community, which are responsible for getting Intels.

These intelligence officers were the ones that survey prospective human family homes to see if they were good for hunt. They were the 'readers', the spies. After which, they would bring back reports to tell us if the place was good and safe for hunt or not.

If they noticed how much the humans at the 'location' talked so much of malaria and dealing with it, if they saw them hang nets in their bedrooms and if they saw those cans of poisonous gases displayed around, they would declare such grounds as no battle grounds, as unsafe zones to hunt.

One of the days came, and a new human family moved into our most populated hunting sites and our intelligence officer- the readers went to read the situation of the family's home, and they saw no nets hanging, saw no cans of those poisonous gases displayed and did that a second night and got the same result. They concluded that it was safe to hunt and papa was commissioned to lead the hunt.

What happened changed everything for me.

4 Likes

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
CHAPTER 2

AFTER WARS

Sitting down and hearing grandma's war stories about our ancestors as I said, always produced a strange feeling and fear in me.

Back then, when I was way younger, I would get excited about them, especially as she would speak about the bravely of our ancestors in their fights against their arch enemies. But as I grew, my mind took a new turn and certain abilities in it began to work. Like the ability to recognize fear, the feeling of dread.

Also, as a young lad, I had not really known the reason behind the so called wars between us and the humans, which had traveled down the ages, of which we had inherited. The humans too, I am sure had inherited their dislike against us from their ancestors too. I had never really known why we were fighting.

Why were we leaving our homes to go to the homes of humans to fight and attack them? And yet, they had never really come to our homes to fight us. Was it not we that should be counted at fault? Must we 'go' after them? Why can't we just remain where we were- at our homes? What did we want with the humans?

"Blood", mama said, after much asking.

"Which blood? Ours or their"

"Don't get me upset. Your curiosity is damn annoying". She sighed, "but I like the fact that you are curious, even though you ask stupid questions some times, and I know why. You just want to be so sure. We need their blood to survive"

I could now understand. I wish I could do something to save our species from needing the blood of humans. I had heard and seen a lot about the aftermath of the wars. And each day, when the warriors return, I would be glad to see papa and still feel that one day, I might not see him fly back alive but dead and maybe his body would be left behind or carried home.

I had witnessed some of my friends lost their papas too and I had seen how they and their mamas cried. But the elderly male Anopheles, who were war veterans would talk to the sons to stay calm and courageous, that it was a death for a good cause. That it was better to die fighting for the survival of our race than to stay back home in fear.

I feared loosing papa. Papa was the best male I had met and I saw him as a role model. I wanted to be like papa. I liked how papa loved mama and I knew that I would also marry and would like to love a girl Anopheles the same way papa did to mama.

But one day, what I feared most happened. What I dreaded came to pass. What I was damn scared of, I got to see and experienced.

The 'readers'- members of our intelligence unit had 'read' the home of the new family that moved in. They said that it was a safe ground to hunt. That there was no threat. And we believed them. At least the whole council did, except for me, who was just a lad. I had fear instead of faith. I feared for papa.

The council gave order that the blood sacs be made ready and ensured to have no leaks and to keep them in shape so that the blood the warriors would suck and collect from the humans would not thicken or 'clot' before their arrival to our community.

Papa was commissioned to lead the attack. Mama had helped him shine his wings and stretch them so they could fly well. I on the other hand, was watching papa flex his muscles severally to enable him fly flexibily and swiftly without any muscle cramps.

Mama cried when papa was about to leave. I tried not to since I was a male but my fear for papa was intense. I had told mama of a dream I had about papa where he went for the fights and came back dead.

Papa kissed mama and promised her that he would be back. He told us that he would get extra blood for the family, apart from the one he would be getting for the community.

But papa left and returned dead. His body was borne by his fellow warriors and mama cried out her life.

2 Likes

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
CHAPTER 3

It's been some time now since papa died and mama had been so out of shape. She would cry at anything. It was as if crying was how she could communicate her pains.

But mama's condition was not the only issue on my mind. Being the first male and 'child' Anopheles of my parents, the responsibility was laid on me to provide for the family.

Even though I was not a warrior Anopheles but a 'reader' Anopheles, I was forced to consider joining the rank of the warriors for the sake of my family. Our survival was paramount and my decision was the key. But beyond that, it was a plan by the powers that be.

What led to all this was, we had some very corrupt top ranked officers and elders, who had decided to hoard much blood for themselves and their families. Even though, many never hunted like my papa and a few, they held high offices and were to decide how blood was to be shared.

These ones used their positions to rob at any point. To make it worse, papa was just given a semi- state kind of burial. High sounding speeches were made. Some said of how strong and dedicated and diligent he was.

Some even recounted of his daring exploits during some of the wars, and of how they always had less casualties among the warriors and more quantity of blood collected from humans when ever he led the attack.

After all the talks and nice speeches, we got nothing from the leaders- the elders council.

The attack that led to papa's death was the only one in which none of the warrior Anopheles died. Papa was the only one that died. It was as if he died for his fellow warriors and more, for his community. Or, it might have been a plot, a well planned and defined plot to get rid of him.

I was almost thinking so much of the second explanation. The reason was simple. Papa was a bold and very fearless male Anopheles. He feared no one but respected all and would say the truth the was he saw it and the was it was. He would not care who would get offended at that. He respected the truth more.

By doing this, he must have stepped on some 'big' Anopheles toes and they must have seen him as a threat and eliminated him.

By the reason of his pedigree and service to the community, we were supposed to have regular blood supply as other such late Anopheles warrior's families like papa's was. But we were plunged into hunger. What papa fought for, we ended up not having. What he gave up his life for, we ended up been denied of it.

And what plaqued my mind most was, I was the only reader whose papa died that was drafted to join the warriors. Why was that? Did it have anything to do with the fact that mama said I was special and not normal special like other special Anopheles?

Was it my gift that was been contended for? What did I have that was worth eliminating, such that pushing me into a battle field was the decision taken to handle it? Were they trying to kill me like papa?

I wouldn't want to leave mama and my younger sister Anopheles behind. If they succeed in killing me as they did to papa, life would be so miserable for mama and my younger sis.

I have to find a way. A way out. A way out of this death trap, else I would regret that I knew or sensed it and did nothing. Somehow, it would be like papa's own, which I had dreamt about but couldn't stop him from embarking on a journey to his death.

I could have tried to tell papa again and again about the dream I had of his death. I could have done something drastic for him not to go. But then, I knew papa. Papa was so dedicated to the community to a fault and his dedication costed his life. His love for his own race became his undoing. His patriotic attitude led to his death.

He was a male who loved till death. A male who loved a race that was not worthy of his love. A male who gave his life for ones that were not worthy of his death.

I would be going for my first fighting mission in few moments time and I have been seeing mama cry. I knew what it was, she felt I might die like papa. She rarely spoke these days. She did more of crying. I never knew what papa meant to her until now. He was her world and when he died, her world fell.

But I had other things to handle before the mission. This was not for the community but for my family- for mama, for my younger sister and I. That would be what papa would have done. But he was no longer with us. I guess sons continue the dreams of their fathers, maybe in a different manner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Comments please.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2018
Roll Call

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you

Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356 debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94 khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2 cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22 ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219 switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419 boldndbeautiful tenniebae mightyfortress rosalieene nawtielizzie yourradiance tzminaj adeculate creeza go4success swankmee marvwhite aka sherlock Holmes
Dominicnuel skeetz gallantemory senatorpope holar1993 clemsworld donkelz beetunez44 myself2 ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69 heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25 itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190 waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93 crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1 moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1 omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47 nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993 folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9 geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24 mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019 mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93 elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01 danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10 itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992 ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40 labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65 arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000 mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1 coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23 solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19 jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98 paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss johnsown1

1 Like

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by cyber5(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Yemike(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
Present sir!
Thumbs up bro.
I've never read something like this.
Life of a mosquitogrin This one is stronggrin
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by GeoSilYe(f): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
Wow...
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by larride(m): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is wow...
Continue please.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by aries26(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
I am and will always be at war with mosquitoes.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by WHOcarex: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2018
Mosquito mode activated
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Pinkfeet: 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
Roll Call

Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356 debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94 khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2 cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22 ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219 switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419 boldndbeautiful tenniebae mightyfortress rosalieene nawtielizzie yourradiance tzminaj adeculate creeza go4success swankmee marvwhite aka sherlock Holmes
Dominicnuel skeetz gallantemory senatorpope holar1993 clemsworld donkelz beetunez44 myself2 ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69 heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25 itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190 waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93 crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1 moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1 omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47 nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993 folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9 geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24 mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019 mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93 elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01 danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10 itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992 ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40 labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65 arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000 mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1 coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23 solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19 jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98 paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss johnsown1

thanks for mention
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
WHOcarex:
Mosquito mode activated
Funny
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Yemike:
Present sir!
Thumbs up bro.
I've never read something like this.
Life of a mosquitogrin This one is stronggrin
Thanks boss
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
aries26:
I am and will always be at war with mosquitoes.
Funny
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by AvatarMode(m): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
CHAPTER 4

Since it was few moments to the mission and we were making preparations. As usual, we did the same things- checked the blood sacks, checked the conditions of the wings and even the strength of the warrior mosquitoes.

The readers had gone ahead to 'read' the new site for attack. This was the second time reading would be done. The first reading was done and a decision was made not to embark on the mission. They said it was not a safe site. The nets were fitted in the rooms and going on such venture would be fruitless and a waste of time, efforts and resources.

They also said they noticed the poisonous gas containers. I for one, had always been scared of these. And somehow, I felt papa died of it. Even though I could not explain how and was not that sure about it. But the thought lingered in my mind.

After the check up by the readers, they went in to one of the commanders to give their report. He was one of the most respected male Anopheles and a close friend to papa. He was the one that had been providing some helps to keep us going after papa's death.

And we held him in high regards and if I was considering someone to relate to as a father figure, it would be him. But papa would always be papa- the very irreplaceable one.

I felt I should stand by without been noticed, to hear them report to him. The work of a reader had always fascinated my mind. The process of reading as well as the process of reporting. Even though the reporting was not really the main deal for me, I still wanted to learn it. So, that desire drew me to put my ears close.

Though, I felt something else was also drawing me close. What it was, I didn't know. I guess I was just been curious but it was a curiosity that had something else to it.

"The coast is clear", one of the readers said

"Are you sure?"

I wondered why he asked that. Were they not supposed to be sure before coming to report? Was reading not the major key to the preservation and survival of our warriors? A misread site would lead to mass casualties and loss of lives like papa's.

"Sure sir"

"We wouldn't want a repeat of what happened last time, would we?"

I was surprised because I knew what he meant. He meant papa's death. At that point, I felt a sudden surge of anger rise within me against the readers. So, it was they that caused papa's death by been slack in their work? How could they have been so careless to cause the loss of one of the most formidable warrior Anopheles?

But then, I thought, why would he have spoken in a soft manner and tone towards them when referring to a fellow warrior's death. Was he involved? Did he know about it before it happened? Did he have a prior information about papa's death?

"We wouldn't sir", they replied.

"Good. You can go"

"Yes sir".

As they turned to fly back, he said, "put him at the front of the battle where the fight is fiercest"

"Who sir?"

"Are you dullards?", he barked.

"We are sorry sir"

"You better be. Put boy Anopheles at the forefront of the battle. Let him end as his father did."

"Yes sir"

"You are dismissed"

As soon as I heard that, and knew they had just turned and would soon be out, I flew swiftly so as not to be caught. I wouldn't want to be seen. I wouldn't want to be suspected of knowing such an information.

I was shocked beyond words. I felt intense hatred towards him. I would not have suspected such of him. He was papa's close pal. Why would he have planned papa's death or be involved in the plan for his death? Was he working alone? Was he been used by higher powers to do their biddings? What would he gain from betraying his friend? What had they promised him for doing such a wicked act?

I had lots of questions but I knew that one thing was certain, it was an issue of betrayal and that always, destroys trust. It was a case of lost trust. I would never trust him again.

But I knew I had to maintain the looks and forms of a loyal person towards the army and the community too. I must not be suspected. I must not give any a reason to. I must not make any question my loyalty.

I knew where my loyalty now lies. It was to my family. They had been robbed of what was rightfully theirs. We had been robbed of papa, and all for what? Whatever agenda they had was nothing worthy enough to kill papa for.

I flew home after the day's briefing was over and saw mama. She looked at my face and saw that I was not alright. If anyone was a model reader to me, it was mama. He could read one's countenance.

"What is it?"

"Nothing to worry about mama"

"Oh, but its something for you to worry about right? Start talking"

"Papa was set up to be killed"

I expected her to start her cries all over again. That was why I was afraid and refrained myself. She had been crying since papa's death and had only started regaining herself. I wouldn't want her to fall back to her depression.

But what I witnessed shocked me. Mama just smiled.

"I don't understand. Why are you not crying. You just smiled"

"I had cried enough already. I knew all along"

I was surprised the more.

"You knew?"

"Yes"

"Before papa's death or after"

"Before"

My mouth was wide opened.

"I can't believe this. And you didn't tell papa? Why would you know such thing and not tell him? Why would you? And how did you even get to know about it?"

"He told me"

"Who?"

"You fool. Your papa did"

And that got me extremely surprised. How would papa have known about his death and tell his wife and still go ahead and walk into his death? What was the meaning of that? Was that not folly? I was angry for the first time at papa. I was angry at mama too.

Mama looked at my angry and confused face, "child, there are lots of things you don't know"

"Like?"

"Let me tell you things. Just listen"

1 Like

Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by larride(m): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
Keep it coming.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Jackossky(m): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2018
Following
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Samexdx(m): 7:14am On Mar 31, 2018
Let me pitch my tent here... Reading...
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 02, 2018
Bro more
Nyc
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by cyber5(m): 5:23pm On May 05, 2018
Roll Call

Dominicnuel nclemsworld donkelz beetunez44 myself2 ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69 heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25 itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190 waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93 crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1 moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1 omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47 nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993 folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9 geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24 mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019 mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93 elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01 danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10 itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992 ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40 labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65 arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000 mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1 coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23 solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19 jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98 paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss johnsown1

I've been away for a while due to unpleasant events
But am back
Lemme update myself
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by kikiwendy(f): 8:30pm On May 05, 2018
Roll Call

Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 kikiwendy neurojosh
Thanks for the mention
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by jasonex4(m): 8:55pm On May 05, 2018
Roll Call

Tanx 4 d mention...n nice imagination
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 05, 2018
Can't wait
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by dview001(m): 9:02pm On May 05, 2018
this is dview 001 Nairaland west 12th battalion...I am on site I repeat I'm on site do you copy ! over!
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by Cindymorgan(f): 8:35am On May 06, 2018
Present Ooo.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by donnaD(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2018
Roll Call

thanks for the mention,i hope dere is pop corn and bigi cola here?
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by FreshestManny(m): 2:06pm On May 06, 2018
Roll Call

freshestmanny

Wow. I'm just seeing this mention. Thanks for the mention. I will soon go through the story and drop my thoughts. Thanks again.
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by coolie1: 12:59am On May 08, 2018
how u take know say I dey read literature
but I no dey comment na
Re: LOST TRUST- A Mosquito's Tale By Avatarmode by gabi98(m): 8:57am On May 08, 2018
AvatarMode, I'm loving this, you making us see the world from mosquito's perspective

(1) (2) (Reply)

TODAY QUOTES: Learning From History / Anyone Know Where I Can Get Ebooks Of Ted Dekker Or Frank Peretti? / Publisher Likes My Story But I Need 180K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.