Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Why Nigerians Still don't Know How To Pray. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerians Still don't Know How To Pray. (244 Views)

Why Nigerians Pray / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Still don't Know How To Pray. by fecta: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2018
80% of Nigerians don't know how to pray.

Praying is talking to your father as Jesus did.

Luke 22:41-44
He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

Luke 23:34
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

AND MY FAVORITE

John11:41-42
So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."

NIGERIANS make up rules for prayer
* it must not be less than 2 minutes
* you must close your eyes and clap for God to hear you
* if your prayer is not loud enough for people to hear You in the next street forget, it will not reach the cloud
* you must sing before praying to calm God down. E. T. C

This are all rubbish

The simple explanation I can give to prayer is talking to God like you talk to your father.

Example
Baba God month end Don pass please tell my oga to pay my salary by the end of this week ooooo so I can pay tithe.

9ja version
Rolls up sleeve and trouser
Sings praise for 10 minutes
Prays against village people
Pray 4 different prayer points for just one reason
*oga pay my salary or you die (5 minutes)
*any body holding my salary in the air die (10 minutes)
*anybody that wants to stop this prayer from reaching God die (7 minute).
* covers prayer with blood of Jesus.

Re: Why Nigerians Still don't Know How To Pray. by ChuksEpells: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2018
chai we don suffer rolls up sleeve and trouser op you no well
Re: Why Nigerians Still don't Know How To Pray. by fecta: 10:12am On Mar 25, 2018
That was just an exaggeration but sadly people do it

(1) (Reply)

Endless Forgiveness / The Evil Dreams You Ignore Will Germinate. / Choosing To Die With Your Enemy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.