Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community (47099 Views)

Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community / Residents Flee As Boko Haram Insurgents Attack Yobe Town / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community - Umahiprinceblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by ChangetheChange: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
grin grin grin

Nigeria is truly a shiiit hole
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Khd95(m): 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
i used to live in that area,walahi these monkeys no get joy,them dey follow canal enter that side,them nearly run away with my jeans one day like dat shocked shocked sad...see race when i take run from upstairs reach down,i never knew few years letter their counterpart somewhere go run away with 70millie grin cheesy

wait fesss,monkey wey people suppose use anger pursue or set traps for for stealing 70millie na im some people dey call govt to epp them

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Jungle justice
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by NelsonNeo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
the heat is too much abeg ! even the monkeys were feeling it wherever they migrated from
they gast relocate
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Ambitionsway: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
They should invite that hunter that killer an elephant to kill all the monkeys after all Nigeria don't support tourism
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by thunderbabs: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
O boi, monkeys sef dey feel buhari heat cheesy

And all the residents wey dey run coz of monkeys, if herdsmen pour in nkor? Una no fit find very gud plank use dem do ping pong? shocked

Naija too dey fear... Buh if na to talk, na to run mouth on twitter and insta... U cannor even defend ur homes from monkey raid undecided

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by xynerise: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Smh
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by jaxxy(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Chased by Monkeys?? This sounds like a joke
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
So, they are waiting for government to rescue them. Rent a caterpillar and destroy their habitat. Get local hunters to finish them off.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by FTrebirth(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2018
when you were accusing their brothers of swallowing large sums of naira you never thought they would one day come for revenge?

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by room089: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2018
True dis animal too dey mumu!

Dem no fit find their way to aso rock?

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by M2dX(m): 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
Why cant they kill the monkeys and make money from them Or catch them alive and sale to zoo owners undecided
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by kmaster007: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
make Dem no tell us tmoro nw say monkeys carry money go
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Holywizard: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
Yoruba people no get shame.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Sirmuel1(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Which money the people of Gbagada get? Can't the monkeys go to Banana Island or VGC?

Once they are ready, they will do the needful. Those monkeys need money and not banana
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by KingSango(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
BlowBack:

Lagosians are by far the most pathetic and cowardly people in Nigeria

Calling on Govt to come rescue you from Monkeys? Something that is considered a delicacy in Delta state?

Not everybody likes the taste of monkey soup? grin
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by lagdmark(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
Tinubu is very angry with Buhari, even the monkeys in Lagos are not happy either.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by LZAA: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Invasion by monkeys from natural habitat is forcing many residents of Soluyi/Sosanya Community in Gbagada, Lagos State, to flee. Some of the residents told the News men in Lagos on Monday that they could no longer withstand the situation.

They called on the state government to save the community from the trouble, saying that the animals forced their ways into their rooms, destroying window and door nets, food stuffs and other items.

The Chairman of the community’s Landlord Association, Mr Adigun Olaleye, said that it had become difficult for the community to curtail the monkeys and their destructive attitude.

He said that the invasion might have resulted from the nearness of the community to a swamp forest that separated the community from Ifako area.

According to him, the monkeys come into residences at any time including early morning and gain entrance into rooms even if the houses are locked.

Olalaye told the News men that the community had written a letter to the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture as regards the situation but had yet to get a relief.

“They said we would have to pay for them to come and pack the monkeys,” he said. He said that the invasion had been on for years but recently became unbearable.

Olaleye appealed to the state government to urgently intervene.

Narrating her ordeal, a journalist who lives in the community, Mrs Funmilola Gboteku, told the News men that the monkeys had forced her family to flee.

“Many times, these monkeys come to the neighbourhood to destroy our property. Once they see food items inside a house, they direct all their energies at gaining entrance forcefully.

“The monkeys are in the habit of tearing the protective nets on windows to gain entrance and eat whatever they find in the house.“I have had to replace the protective nets several times; I am tired of doing it.

“I have been locking my windows but locking of windows has disadvantages; there is no cross ventilation in the house, and as a result, we suffer heat,’’ she told the News men.

Another landlord, Mr Oluwatosin Aregbesola, told the News men that his tenants were no longer feeling safe in the house because of the monkeys.

“The monkeys enter kitchens to eat our soups and any food stuff on the shelf.

“The day I tried to catch one of them, the monkey attacked me by using its long nails to punch a hole on my neck and scratch my face,” he said. Aregbesola appealed to the state government to save the community from the menace.

http://thenationonlineng.net/residents-invade-lagos-community/
Did they carry michael004 grin grin
cc imhotep,onyeoga

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by joey150(m): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
Monkey invades community and not one picture?

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Awaja(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
My community will enjoy this kind of invasion coz its merriment galore,na kill them all practice be that
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by zoedew: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Funny folks! Whatever happened to giant traps used by local hunters! They are easily sourced. They can as well hire local hunters to hunt the living daylights outta the thieving monkeys!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by fk002: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
Rise of the planet of apes cheesy grin

Nigerian version

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Jhayeahsam01(m): 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
and you cannot even thank God for free bush meat seems I will now relocate to that area

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ahhhhhhhh, Funkkeeee bring pepper, salt, oil gas cooker and a frying pan.

We're moving out to a land of milk of honey
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by HoodBillionaire: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
zoo land
monkeys don hold meeting tire.
why not trow banana to the bush
dey will channel dia energy to banana.
i trust those monkeys
dey are aggressive.
since bubu took ova
animals af been on d loose
wtf

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by kissenger: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ehya this is sad. Hopefully something can be done about it. http:///2hCWqL8
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by wink2015(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
Why did n't the community use the monkey for PEPPER SOUP THING?

Monkey on the rampage!

MONKEY BUSINESS huh!
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Nonnyflex(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
Some people are saying it's a lie but you believed that rats chased our president out of office

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Fan, Woofer, Mounted Ipad In A Keke Napep In Surulere, Lagos / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.