Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community (47111 Views)

Electricity Distribution Company Staff Invade Lagos Community / Residents Flee As Boko Haram Insurgents Attack Yobe Town / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community - Umahiprinceblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Ayoemrys(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
monkey chasing monkies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by 0monnak0da: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
Exmay:
Isn’t this very pathetic. You moved into their territory and decided that you want to be living there, now you are complaining just because the monkeys chose to scavenge for food within an area that was rightfully theirs.
That is exactly what Fulani Herdsmen have been trying to explain to Benue people
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by ajepako(f): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
For this shithole,

Boko Haram to pursue pipu

Fulani herdsmen to pursue pipu

Now monkey Don dey pursue pipu

No wah oh

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
AFONJA are living in penury

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Yankee101: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
I don't advocate killing wild animals. But in this case do the needful
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by delpee(f): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
The problem is that urbanisation is limiting their habitat. Years ago, monkeys and crabs were a common sight in Unilag especially the area now occupied by New Hall and some other bushy areas.

Exterminating them isn't a wise solution. We need to maitain a good ecological balance. They should be taken to a conservation centre or forest areas.

They should get in touch with Desmond Majekodunmi the conservation expert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Iceberg3: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
When they said that Lagos is a no man land,coneheads were foaming in the mouth like moumous... Now,Lagos is not only a no man's land but a monkey � land

grin

Oya,coneheads should go and fight monkey � grin grin

Meanwhile,all coneheads now grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by BetaThings: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
BlowBack:

Lagosians are by far the most pathetic and cowardly people in Nigeria

Calling on Govt to come rescue you from Monkeys? Something that is considered a delicacy in Delta state?

Hahahaaha
But isn't there a business opportunity here?
At least let Lagos send some wild life food items to other states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by pat1612(m): 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Planet of apes loading.....
The guys killing and eating them beware angry

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by santricedupas(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
buy palmwine add valium 5, put am for every rouute, make dem sleep and pick them dem back to a new wild environment

3 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by petenweke: 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
These Gbagada people are not smart at all. One of those monkeys has a fortune in his belly. They should just catch all of them and slice the stomachs. Gbam!
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Captain8(m): 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Now i see, dis cantry is in curse just only because of one pesin head, chaose everywer even bush animal comin out to fightin human some ar even stealin money
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Chukazu: 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
BlowBack:

Calling on Govt to come rescue you from Monkeys? Something that is considered a delicacy in Delta state?

Everyone be "Aje butter" for Lag...

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by 8stargeneral: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
D reason we called nigeria zoo country shocked

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Thewesterner(m): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
I remember those days at Unilag, Sodeinde and Eni Njoku hall to be precise... E Don tey abeg

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by eulogy: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
Abeg who go fund my trip from PHC go there. Enough bush meat to eat.

But dem supose flog all d ppl wey d area o. How bush meat go dey hunt hunter? If na Niger Delta by now d monkey dem 4 don dey endagered na.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
War of planets of apes
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Afritop(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
Delivar:
Flee kwa? Are Nigerians now tired of bushmeat since we eat anything?
NOBODY WANT TO CONTACT EBOLA OR FLU. THAT IS WHY MANY MONKEYS ARE PARDONED FOR NOW

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by adedehinbo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
DM me if you want to totally get rid of those monkeys in a giffy,we re very good at killing monkeys
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by greggng: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Invasion by monkeys from natural habitat is forcing many residents of Soluyi/Sosanya Community in Gbagada, Lagos State, to flee. Some of the residents told the News men in Lagos on Monday that they could no longer withstand the situation.

They called on the state government to save the community from the trouble, saying that the animals forced their ways into their rooms, destroying window and door nets, food stuffs and other items.

The Chairman of the community’s Landlord Association, Mr Adigun Olaleye, said that it had become difficult for the community to curtail the monkeys and their destructive attitude.

He said that the invasion might have resulted from the nearness of the community to a swamp forest that separated the community from Ifako area.

According to him, the monkeys come into residences at any time including early morning and gain entrance into rooms even if the houses are locked.

Olalaye told the News men that the community had written a letter to the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture as regards the situation but had yet to get a relief.

“They said we would have to pay for them to come and pack the monkeys,” he said. He said that the invasion had been on for years but recently became unbearable.

Olaleye appealed to the state government to urgently intervene.

Narrating her ordeal, a journalist who lives in the community, Mrs Funmilola Gboteku, told the News men that the monkeys had forced her family to flee.

“Many times, these monkeys come to the neighbourhood to destroy our property. Once they see food items inside a house, they direct all their energies at gaining entrance forcefully.

“The monkeys are in the habit of tearing the protective nets on windows to gain entrance and eat whatever they find in the house.“I have had to replace the protective nets several times; I am tired of doing it.

“I have been locking my windows but locking of windows has disadvantages; there is no cross ventilation in the house, and as a result, we suffer heat,’’ she told the News men.

Another landlord, Mr Oluwatosin Aregbesola, told the News men that his tenants were no longer feeling safe in the house because of the monkeys.

“The monkeys enter kitchens to eat our soups and any food stuff on the shelf.

“The day I tried to catch one of them, the monkey attacked me by using its long nails to punch a hole on my neck and scratch my face,” he said. Aregbesola appealed to the state government to save the community from the menace.

http://thenationonlineng.net/residents-invade-lagos-community/

The moment I read this news my bp that was up just went down. Pls my nebor think I am running mad with the way I am laughing after reading this news. The honest truth is that everything is now against Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
Just pray the monkey doesn't steal your ATM card too, else you are truly on your own

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
Is a good thing Nigerian monkeys don't like sex
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by tayoccu(m): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
monkeys are a common sight in Gbagada, we see them from time to time in phase 1, but they aren't destructive (maybe the ones in phase 1 and one alo are Behind), they just mind their business.

that said over 60% of the kosofe side of Gbagada is built on monkey turf

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Iscoalarcon: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
BlowBack:

hiyan gringringringrin so Delta people eat Monkeys
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by James4424: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
So nobody's talking about MMM again? The founder just died o
That's the aftermath of con (419). The victims will be too ashamed then inadvertly bury the matter.
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by eob123(m): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
abi??
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by victorian(f): 11:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
M2dX:
Why cant they kill the monkeys and make money from them Or catch them alive and sale to zoo owners undecided

You said what?

Didn't u read where a resident said he tried to catch one of the monkeys and it punched a hole in his neck and scratched his face, while he screamed and ran away for help grin

Hehehehehehehe grin
Oh lord! Am just laughing so hard here, just thinking about it grin

What a community.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by smileyoo: 12:36am On Mar 27, 2018
atleast the monkeys 're not killing any body, they 're even more better neighbours, than the killer herds-men, bubu said we should accomodate: pls learn how to accomodate your brothers.

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by Funjosh(m): 1:40am On Mar 27, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community by slex(m): 2:50am On Mar 27, 2018
Operation monkey tail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fan, Woofer, Mounted Ipad In A Keke Napep In Surulere, Lagos / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.