Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide (21707 Views)

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Is It Still Cheaper To Cook At Home Against Eating Out? / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by AreaFada2: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2018
If we produce our own food locally, there will be no need to ripen with carbide. Most likely they are imported fruits.

Very sad that people value money more than human lives.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
Tell dis to ma Abuja ppu dat love eating banana � ripened wt carbide by dose women along Berger,utako axis.. Be careful wen someone sells u a banana � for N250 in d morning and sell d same N50 by evening,she knw wetin she do.. Dem plenty for dat police post Berger side and just around utako by closing hours...
Be warned

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by bettercreature(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
kane10:
how we go kw foods that are ripen by carbide?
That is the problem
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by kingchris30(m): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
the truth is that most fruit sellers are using it and they don't know the negative effect, please there should be more awareness, many are dead because of it
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:
Na all these OSU criminal people dey do all those things

WICKED BASTARDS angry

We keep begging u to tell us exactly what is OSU so we can follow u know. Why is it usually capitalized? Is it an acronym?, etc.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by jayinfo2(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sorry can someone tell me the Yoruba name of this calcium carbide. I dont even know what u guys are saying set.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by Speedo17(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Once I bought a banana bunch looking ripe and ready to eat. Took it home to my family, peeled the first one to discover it's unripened inside.
Ii didn't need a soothsayer to tell me the seller used substances to hasten the ripening process of that fruit. I had to apologise to my kids and made them know the dangers behind eating such food.
To the bin it all went. And of course I no longer buy any food from that woman on my junction.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

We keep begging u to tell us exactly what is OSU so we can follow u know. Why is it usually capitalized? Is it an acronym?, etc.
Ask your father boy, he knows
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by Chukazu: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Most of the fruits sold in Lagos falls within such .

Especially Mangoes and Bananas...infact there's nothing that could make me buy Mangoes in Lagos, it's just too obviously

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by thunderbabs: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
FarahAideed:
This idea of profiting at the expense of someone's health is what I can't understand and it's very common amongst illiterate Nigerian traders who go as far as sprinkling sniper insecticide onto beans to chase away weevil

Guy, i don chop beans wey i cook mysef garnish am with fish n pepper only for me to dey usain bolt go toilet... Happened many times until i discovered the beans had been preserved with some dangerous unknown chemical... To buy beans for market sef dey scare me now

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by thunderbabs: 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

You no know OSU... Osu is a caste system in iboland where some category of people in d same iboland are alienated from another class... The OSU cant marry, or associate with the freeborn... Sorry i didnt explain it well buh dtz d idea
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by IdJack(m): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
I love this information.. We need to re-broadcast it and be aware of the fruits we do eat.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
IgbosAreOsus:

Ask your father boy, he knows

It is not only for me. My father is not on NL.
Come on, educate us. What is OSU??
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by GhanaMustGoo: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

It is not only for me. My father is not on NL.
Come on, educate us. What is OSU??

OSU - isn’t that acronym for Oyo State University?
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by VGirls: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
tgmservice:
i am beginning to suspect these oranges of of nowadays they look tantalizing but when u try to squeeze it will just feel so hard
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by GhanaMustGoo: 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
thunderbabs:

You no know OSU... Osu is a caste system in iboland where some category of people in d same iboland are alienated from another class... The OSU cant marry, or associate with the freeborn... Sorry i didnt explain it well buh dtz d idea

You make no sense. I never seen Ibo man not associate with another Ibo.
OSU is acronym for Oyo State University.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
thunderbabs:

Hmmmm. Very informative. What town is OSU from and what does the acronym stand for? (Don't tell me Oyo State University!)
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by thunderbabs: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Hmmmm. Very informative. What town is OSU from and what does the acronym stand for? (Don't tell me Oyo State University!)

Lol... You be real amerija. It is not a town. It is a name given to like a "forbidden set of pple" in iboland.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by thunderbabs: 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
GhanaMustGoo:

You make no sense. I never seen Ibo man not associate with another Ibo.
OSU is acronym for Oyo State University.

Lol... It is an ancient practice in iboland. Not anymore today or not prevalent as in old times. U no like Ogoja state university
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
thunderbabs:

Lol... You be real amerija. It is not a town. It is a name given to like a "forbidden set of pple" in iboland.

So where do u find them? Where is set aside for them? Forbidden for what? By whom?, etc
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by GhanaMustGoo: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
thunderbabs:

Lol... It is an ancient practice in iboland. Not anymore today or not prevalent as in old times. U no like Ogoja state university

I googled it. My bad, Ogun state not Oyo.

OSU stands for

Ogun State University
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by dfrost: 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

They have created awareness, they can't police everyone, if you have information about any wrong doing, throw it open so it can be followed.

Awareness and not follow-up? Indeed. Just wondering if late Dora did only awareness. Interesting. undecided
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
GhanaMustGoo:

OSU stands for

Ogun State University

But explain the connection to Ogun State University
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by GhanaMustGoo: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

But explain the connection to Ogun State University

That’s where OSU’s are found. A student from OSU is affectionately called OSU.
Get it now?
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
GhanaMustGoo:

That’s where OSU’s are found. A student from OSU is affectionately called OSU.
Get it now?

I guess so.
Yeah, makes a lot of sense.
Thanks.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by thunderbabs: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
GhanaMustGoo:

OSU stands for

Ogun State University

Dont confuse ursef brother.... OGUN STATE UNIVERSITY IS KNOWN AS OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY.

To know this one we talking about, ask google for Osu caste system in Nigeria
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by Youngzedd(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
FarahAideed:
This idea of profiting at the expense of someone's health is what I can't understand and it's very common amongst illiterate Nigerian traders who go as far as sprinkling sniper insecticide onto beans to chase away weevil

The matter weak me. Those who engage in all this are murderers.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by GhanaMustGoo: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
thunderbabs:

Dont confuse ursef brother.... OGUN STATE UNIVERSITY IS KNOWN AS OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY.

To know this one we talking about, ask google for Osu caste system in Nigeria

I only now googled it.
OSU is Osun State University.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by GhanaMustGoo: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

I guess so.
Yeah, makes a lot of sense.
Thanks.

Sorry. Meant Osun State University
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by thunderbabs: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
GhanaMustGoo:

I only now googled it.
OSU is Osun State University.

Search 'osu caste system".

That solves it
Re: NAFDAC Warns Against Eating Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide by ameri9ja: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
GhanaMustGoo:

Sorry. Meant Osun State University

Osun, Oyo, Onitsha, what's the difference

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Stool After Eating Beans? / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Best Accompaniments For Pancakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.