Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" (23090 Views)

Trump Just Mentioned Nigeria Again On Live TV (Picture) / Shortage Of Traffic Controllers Hits Nigeria’s Airports / Invest In Education Not Just Anti-corruption - Ben Bruce Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by nwabobo: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Your investment in health, education not good enough’– Bill Gates hits FG again

Bill Gates, world’s second richest man, says the federal government’s investments in young people, especially in areas of health and education, is not good enough.

He said this in an interview with CNN. The co-chairman of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation reiterated the comments he made when he spoke at the expanded national economic council meeting on Thursday.

At the meeting which was presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, Gates had said the execution priorities of the economic recovery and growth plan do not reflect the true needs of Nigerians.

“The Nigerian government’s economic recovery and growth plan identify investing in our people as one of three strategic objectives. But the execution priorities don’t fully reflect people’s needs, prioritising physical capital over human capital,” he had said.

“People without roads, ports, and factories can’t flourish. And roads, ports and factories without skilled workers to build and manage them can’t sustain an economy.”

Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, who was at the meeting had defended the federal government, saying Gates’ comment was incorrect.

But in the chat with CNN, the billionaire businessman defended his criticism of the Nigerian government.

He said Nigeria would become an engine of growth if the government gets health and education right.

“As a partner in Nigeria, I am saying the current plan is inadequate. Nigeria has all these young people and the current quality and quantity of investment in these young generations; in health and education just isn’t good enough. So, I was very direct,” he told CNN.

“If they can get health and education right, they will be an engine of growth not just for themselves but for all of Africa.”

https://www.thecable.ng/investments-young-people-not-good-enough-bill-gates-tackles-fg/amp?__twitter_impression=true

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Trustme2(m): 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Second Bomb from this man. Make this man just cover our shame na. Haba

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by lloydtruth: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Honestly Abacha's looting will be a child's play compared to when buhari's will be exposed. No sector of the economy is working, all ministries and government agencies are filled with incompetent individuals who got to the position as a kickback for the effort at installing an illiterate as president. Imagine an accountant heading the education ministry and a professor of education comes behind him (as a result of ethnic and religious sentiments). The truth is that things will not change anytime soon, this is exactly what the politicians want, the politicians can only earn their loyalty when the masses lack education.

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Kaymercury(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
the same greedy self centered gates that keep on trying to eradicate Africans through his laboratory poduced GMO seeds.Not trying to defend fg though but this man have hidden agenda

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by nwabobo: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
Kaymercury:
the same greedy self centered gates that keep on trying to eradicate Africans through his laboratory poduced GMO seeds.Not trying to defend fg though but this man have hidden agenda

I didn't know Microsoft now produce GMO food. I guess we learn everyday.

232 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by lilytender: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
Dear Mr Bill Gates, if you can do better, come and contest election with Buhari. Talk is cheap. Can you tell Donald Trump this nonsense without getting an acerbic reply? You are lucky that Buhari no dey listen nor reply rumour mongers.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bill Gates is renowned for being dilpomatic.

For him to be this blunt the FAILURE must have also made Gate's philantrophic activities in Nigeria FAILED.

I just hope the his 'simple' supporters will not start telling us how Bill Gate wanted oil,

how BILL GATE wanted to poison immunization materials up north,

how he was responsible for buhari's illness,

how he is the sponsor of IPOB ,

or how PDP is 'sponsoring' him.

I EXPECT ANOTHER PRESS RELEASE FROM THE GOVERNMENT FILLED WITH ACHIEVEMENTS ON PAPER AND SOCIAL MEDIA.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

142 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Kaymercury(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
nwabobo:

I didn't know Microsoft now produce GMO food. I guess we learn everyday.
that's where the problems lies you only see what they wanted you to see its so saddened and unfortunate that you are oblivion of what's going on.the war has began long ago the war to reduce Africans population am very surprised that you are still unaware of this to you gates deals only in software?

8 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by CSTR2: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
lilytender:
Dear Mr Bill Gates, if you can do better, come and contest election with Buhari. Talk is cheap. Can you tell Donald Trump this nonsense without getting an acerbic reply? You are lucky that Buhari no dey listen nor reply rumour mongers.
Why should bill contest for the presidency of a Third World country where almajiris and the mentally impaired decide who wins and who loses?

Bill has more brain cells in his fecal matter than buhari has in his entire brain.

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by lilytender: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
CSTR2:

Why should bill contest for the presidency of a Third World country where almajiris and the mentally impaired decide who wins and who loses?

Bill has more brain cells in his fecal matter than buhari has in his entire brain.

If Almajaris and mentally impaired decide who rules you, then you are less than Almajaris. Am I not right?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by iyketex007: 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Kaymercury:
that's where the problems lies you only see what they wanted you to see its so saddened and unfortunate that you are oblivion of what's going on.the war has began long ago the war to reduce Africans population am very surprised that you are still unaware of this to you gates deals only in software?

Lol, Bro u can do better than this na, The only reason Nigeria was ever significant in the global stage was oil, and as it is now America doesn't need our oil as do other countries too so what now is our contribution to the world stage?

Bill and melinda foundation ranks amongst the highest donors in terms of charity in Nigeria, I mean his foundation single handedly funds polio vaccines in Nigeria thanks to the north.

This man whether you like it or not has indirectly been investing in the health sector and I think he has a say as to how his billions is been spent.

Nigeria and Africa is too insignificant in the world stage for bill to waste his resources on decimating the continent, for fuc.k sake Boko Haram and herdsmen are already killing the people that disease and hunger didn't.

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Buhari: undecided This bill gate wan beef
Lai Mohammed: angry PDP spirit has enter him

15 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by FarahAideed: 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
Kaymercury:

Buhari is more dangerous to Nigerians than 1 billion GMO seeds

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by FarahAideed: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
lilytender:

Keep shaming yourself okay

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by nwabobo: 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Kaymercury:

My friend take this your conspiracy theory magana elsewhere.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by nwabobo: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Doerstech(m): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Jflex07(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
Kaymercury:
Another unrefined zombie on the loose

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by ZombieTAMER: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
I said it before and I will say it again

Bill Gates is corrupt...... Lai Muhammad grin
He is obviously Ipob...... Shehu garba

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Realdeals(m): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bills Gate view perfectly fit Akwa Ibom state, where they build highway that only Keke Napep ply.

8 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by adexdon(m): 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
hey billion gate u dnt need 2 condemn our country or d presido we knew which kind govt we run in our country it nt new

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by 4kDdullard: 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bill Gates do you want the Buhari Media Cows to commit suicide?
Since Bill Gates became a wailer Sarrki has not been seeing his period. grin grin grin grin grin
The dullard keeps breaking new records.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by mabea: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
I said it before and I will say it again

Bill Gates is corrupt...... Lai Muhammad grin
He is obviously Ipob...... Shehu garba
More like Donald Trump bro

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Kaymercury(m): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
iyketex007:

Lol, Bro u can do better than this na, The only reason Nigeria was ever significant in the global stage was oil, and as it is now America doesn't need our oil as do other countries too so what now is our contribution to the world stage?

Bill and melinda foundation ranks amongst the highest donors in terms of charity in Nigeria, I mean his foundation single handedly funds polio vaccines in Nigeria thanks to the north.

This man whether you like it or not has indirectly been investing in the health sector and I think he has a say as to how his billions is been spent.

Nigeria and Africa is too insignificant in the world stage for bill to waste his resources on decimating the continent, for fuc.k sake Boko Haram and herdsmen are already killing the people that disease and hunger didn't.
Dear Fellow Africans,
Please Read How G7 is forcing the Recolonization of Africa by forcing
leading African Countries in agricultural sector (Benin, Burkina Faso,
Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal
and
Tanzania
<https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2014/feb/18/10-
african-countries-g8-new-alliance-commitments >wink
to relinquish their Food Security to Monsanto owned by Bill Gates!
Even
members of the European Parliament have warned G7 of the
dangerous
consequences of recolonizing Africa by hijacking food security and
driving
small farmers out of business. Arise and oppose the G7, Monsanto
and Bill
Gates Plan.
https://www.theguardian.com/gl obal-development/2016/jun/08/
european-parliament-slams-g7- food-project-in-africa
<https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016/jun/08/
european-parliament-slams-g7-food-project-in-africa >

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Kaymercury(m): 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Jflex07:
Another unrefined zombie on the loose
I will not engage you in a petty argument I don't argue with you folks ordinary research won't kill but have this at the back of your mind when shit hit the fan nobody will be left out
wake up my brother the war has began
Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
lilytender:
please my question is? Is gate right or wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by buhariguy(m): 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Idiotic pigs of Biafra and pdp are so illiterate to understand what gate is saying.

Let me help idiotic pigs of Biafra and PDP in layman understanding.

Gate said the execution priority, meaning the execution of infrastructure over human development is not OK by him, but not that is a bad ideal to do infrastructure but human development should be first.

I hope I try for idiotic pigs of Biafra body for educating them.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Kaymercury(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
nwabobo:

My friend take this your conspiracy theory magana elsewhere.
don't let your hatred for an individual or a particular tribe or religion block your sense of reasoning the plan to wipe out the entire Africans is real all his philanthropic acts are nothing but cover up wise up

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by buhariguy(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
FarahAideed:

and nobody in Nigeria can match him.

That means buhari is more than Bill gate.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Kaymercury(m): 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
rr
Re: Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" by Enoma222(m): 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
FarahAideed:

cheesy
FarahAideed:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fela Durotoye Unveils Kadijah Abdullahi-Iya As His Presidential Running Mate / Fashola Opens Apapa-Ijora Bridge As Emergency Repair Works Attains Milestone(pix / Kukah, Peter Obi, Donald Duke, Bruce, Momodu, Onwenu Unite For Leah Sharibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.