Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? (27563 Views)

The 2020 Range Rover Velar Svautobiography Is The James Bond Of Suvs / The 10 Most Expensive Suvs In The World (Pictures) / Innoson Motors Officially Unveils New Brands Of SUVs In Anambra (see Prices) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
OBku4:

U sure u've seen the interior of a G-guard?

Not just seen it.. I've driven it. Nothing special apart from the Benz Logo and the independent differential that nobody is gonna use. They call it luxury car but trust me not much luxury in this car. The car is too stiff, not that comfortable. Most people that buy it just buy it for show off without actually knowing what it is, and most people shouting German machine on this forum will change their mind when they drive this for extended amount of time. The very heavy rear hatch with the spare tyre blocking half ur view,or the awkwardly placed reverse camera that the spare tyre still blocks half the view when using it? Or the flimsy single basket called cup holder at the front? Its a nice car to drive but I would rather travel in a long journey in the rage or Lexus. I just don't like the design of the G wagon. Even the rear seat doesn't have those fancy arm rests with climate and multimedia control. The instrument cluster is the old school guages compared to the modern LED on the range and lexus. Abeg this car is overrated. They improved it for the 2018 model though. Bros if u sit in a 2017 range rover u won't want to get out, that is when u will know the G 63 is overrated.

5 Likes

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Joshuamilarge(m): 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] ;DThe chairman here
LEXUS ;DThe chairman here
LEXUS
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by wisdomkid: 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
I love the 2nd car, but Range rover is ma bae.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
BCISLTD:

We own all three...the g63..is all iron...and the seats are not comfortable for long periods of time

People are just shouting G63 without even knowing what the car is all about, but because its a benz they don't care. It is not the most comfortable car and its boring inside compared to the range.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by ireke(m): 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
biacan:
Range Rover baby kiss kiss......Future hubby take note

I hope you are not telling him to take note so that he can buy one for you because I will be wondering why you're not aspiring to get one for yourself and give him a ride in it.
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by NemzySeries(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
Benz or probably d Lexus....... any of dem is a turn on
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by nnaeyes6: 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
Okwu oto ekene eze (land cruiser) is still my favorite come what may

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
You’re about to embark on a journey.. like heading to your home town in December... and you have to pick one of the SUVs below bearing in mind that you want a vehicle that will handle the terrible roads in Nigeria, have adequate cabin space and still enable you arrive in grand style. Which of these 3 SUVs will you set out in?

You may also want to consider factors like..

- Luxury and comfort
- Infotainment capabilities. The journey shouldn’t be a boring one for you and your passengers
- Durability and Reliability. Which of them will make you not feel bothered about the road as well as reaching your destination without mechanical issues.
- Fuel consumption and other factors could be considered as well.

Having these factors in mind, you are now to make a choice.

The three SUV are:

1. 2017 Range Rover Sport:

Will you go with this English engineering?

2. 2017 Mercedes Benz G63 AMG:

Or the German Beast?

3. 2017 Lexus LX 570:

Or you'll prefer the Japanese gentleman?

Out of the three, which will you travel with?

Let’s hear from you in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/3-car-comparison-for-long-journey/

I'do prefer the GX 470 to LX 570, I so much love this SUV

2 Likes

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
biacan:
Range Rover baby kiss kiss......Future hubby take note cool

Roger, i've taken note, honey.
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Icon79(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
I will go with the Lexus LX 570, without a doubt. I have the older model, LX 470 and it's most reliable and dependable vehicle you can ever think of. And it's quite comfy too.

O pari

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by francdec4(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Op must I really chose? Please can't I go with the three of them at once I beg you��

AutoJoshNG:
You’re about to embark on a journey.. like heading to your home town in December... and you have to pick one of the SUVs below bearing in mind that you want a vehicle that will handle the terrible roads in Nigeria, have adequate cabin space and still enable you arrive in grand style. Which of these 3 SUVs will you set out in?

- Luxury and comfort
- Infotainment capabilities. The journey shouldn’t be a boring one for you and your passengers
- Durability and Reliability. Which of them will make you not feel bothered about the road as well as reaching your destination without mechanical issues.

The three SUV are:

Or the German Beast?

3. 2017 Lexus LX 570:

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by chronique(m): 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
LX570 from the 3 up there. But if you replace the sport with the 2017 vogue autobiography, I'd pick it without thinking twice.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by jodeci(m): 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
2012 Nissan Patrol and off I go.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Bluehill1051: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
my dream ride.
all man must show respect
See this one. They're talking about real time SUV this one is talking FJ cruiser.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by shepherd003: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mercedes-Benz G wagon of cause, THE BEST OR NOTHING

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by essay123(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2018
G63 or nothing else

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Xano(m): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
Readonee35L:
Lx570. Is more comfortable among the others for long distance travels. The G63 would make me tired within 300miles cry
G63 is the best of the three options.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Xano(m): 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
Readonee35L:
Lx570. Is more comfortable among the others for long distance travels. The G63 would make me tired within 300miles cry

1 Like

Readonee35L:
Lx570.
Is more comfortable among the others for long distance travels.
The G63 would make me tired within 300miles cry

Road issues would make driving the other two unpleasant.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
biacan:
u too like this car, guess what, i can even buy one for u on ur wedding day as a gift...
grin grin
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by sylvez(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
op, which kind whinning be this na, I still dey struggle to get full tank for my LEGEDIZ BENZ, you come dey show me Range Rover!!!

Any way, I still get BIG DREAM

[quote author=AutoJoshNG post=66186241]You’re about to embark on a journey.. like heading to your home town in December... and you have to pick one of the SUVs below bearing in mind that you want a vehicle that will handle the terrible roads in Nigeria, have adequate cabin space and still enable you arrive in grand style. Which of these 3 SUVs will you set out in?]
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by BlueScholar(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
nambar 1 wallahi
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by BlueScholar(m): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
Readonee35L:
I forgive you smiley . For you don't know smiley
you're like Christ grin
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by kayseag: 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Team Mercedes Benz G63

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by zudozz: 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
my dream ride.
all man must show respect

Compared to those 3..THIS ONE NA BICYCLE!
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Born2Breed(f): 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

- Luxury and comfort

The three SUV are:

Or the German Beast?

3. 2017 Lexus LX 570:

Number 1 any day. Others are too ugly for my liking.
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by stringa(f): 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
All three Will form my motorcade. grin

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Readonee35L(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
Xano:

Road issues would make driving the other two unpleasant.
If you drive a G63 you'd know it has a very stiff suspension.
The lx is your best bet . it's going through all those bad roads and bumps like the cloud.

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by tenderlaw(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
biacan:
Why don't you purpose in your heart to also work and buy range Rover? Abi dem swear say make woman no buy am?

1 Like

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
benuejosh:
So many persons here are picking cars based on sentiments and personal love forgetting the given conditions.

I am a lover of Benz products and Toyota Luxury SUVs but in this selection, i rather go with the Lexus LX570 because of it's balance, long distance comfortable as it is better than both Gwagon and Range, its High ground clearance, and fuel Consumption.

Gwagon is nice for off road drive but not too good for long distance travel given the comfortability that i seek while traveling, i prefer comfort than class and Lexus in this case offers both.

The thing is most of them don't know what the g wagon is all about, they are just shouting German machine because it's a Benz. Even some people that have bought it after a while they get tired of driving it, it's just there for show off, it lacks the real elements of a luxury car. For a long distance the Lexus is far better, even range Rover is better.

3 Likes

Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by Obidikejr(m): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

- Luxury and comfort

The three SUV are:

Or the German Beast?

3. 2017 Lexus LX 570:

Lx570... Big, rugged, boss of the road. My pick
G63 ... Prestige
Rangerover sport... SUV for ladies he he

FYI... Lx570 is 20m more expensive than any of the other SUV's
Re: You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? by valarinz: 9:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
skales67:
None! I prefer the Volvo XC90 Hybrid! cool cool

Bottle of origin for you, sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Air Conditioning Motorcycle Helmet For ₦218 Thousand? / Honda Pilot 2007 Vs Mitsubishi Outlander 2007: Which is Better? / This Is How Your Car Dashboard Will Look Like In The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.