Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb (14969 Views)

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Ford Sues John Cena For Selling High-End Car Within A Month Of Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by aku626(m): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2018
quentin06:

am not interested in how it works, its just another example of useless bavarian engineering.
So because a plane crashes and kills all onboard it’s a useless technology?
Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2018
aku626:

So because a plane crashes and kills all onboard it’s a useless technology?

hmm why dont you put your head in between the doors of that bmw and give us feedback after the door closes.
Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by aku626(m): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
quentin06:

hmm why dont you put your head in between the doors of that bmw and give us feedback after the door closes.
I see my bad in quoting you. You’re one of those who enjoy the sweet taste of ignorance regardless its consequences.
Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by fabienjoe: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2018
Xisnin:

Yes, it is an example of great engineering as such designs have made life
better for the citizens of the world unlike those who have to import machines from
china before they can manufacture an HB pencil.
Before you reply, please come up with a "good engineering design" that cannot kill
under all circumstance.

Not every automation is necessary if you ask me. Automatic door is certainly over the top for me. Remember 1992 when honda automated its front seat belt in the accord? That did not fly. It was discontinued. Remember Mercedes Benz innovation of single wiper? That was still discontinued. I don't see BMW continuing this one. It's a misadventure. These things are seen more in the US. Europe still produces cars with manual transmission. In the US almost every car has automatic transmission.
Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 28, 2018
aku626:

I see my bad in quoting you. You’re one of those who enjoy the sweet taste of ignorance regardless its consequences.

i dont know why you re all quick to make reference newly released vehicles without sampling users opinion, mr boateng is not after bmw money, he just wants to drae attention to defect in the vehicle and wants bmw to take responsibility for their defective door shutter.
Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 03, 2018
all this Americans sef......shey they cannot close their door by themselves again, ordinary car door
Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by Commonsense101(m): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2018
SAVEDBABA:
all this Americans sef......shey they cannot close their door by themselves again, ordinary car door
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Sues BMW After X5's Automatic 'Soft' Self-Closing Door Cut Off His Thumb by billyG(m): 11:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
that is d price of having bmw x5....$70k minus thumb.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Documents Every Driver MUST Have / Any Power-bike Clubs In Nigeria? / What's The Fastest Speed You've Experienced In A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.