Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" (28686 Views)

Ugbaha Mohammed 'Dogo': Chief Cook Served 7 Past Nigerian Leaders, In Poverty / Why I Spoke Against My Husband - Aisha Buhari Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Tundemanias: 2:30am On Mar 27, 2018
The Co-Chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Mr. Bill Gates, again on Monday criticised the Federal Government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
Gates, in an interview with the CNN, said that the Federal Government’s investment in education and health was not good enough.

“While it may be easier to be polite, it’s more important to face facts so that you can make progress,” the philanthropist told a room of Nigeria’s government elite that included the President.
In an exclusive television interview with the CNN, Gates said he spoke out to implore Nigerian politicians to focus on human capital and its large youth population.

“The current quality and quantity of investment in this young generation in health and education just isn’t good enough. So, I was very direct,” he told CNN.
The philanthropist had at a special session of the National Economic Council, on Thursday, said Nigeria would do better with strong investments in health and education, rather than concentrate on physical infrastructure to the detriment of human capital development.

He had said, “Nigeria is one of the most dangerous places in the world to give birth, with the fourth worst maternal mortality rate in the world ahead of only Sierra Leone, Central African Republic and Chad. One in three Nigerian children is chronically malnourished.

“In upper middle-income countries, the average life expectancy is 75 years. In lower middle-income countries, it’s 68; in low-income countries, it’s 62. In Nigeria, it is lower still, just 53 years.

“The Nigerian government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan identifies investing in the people as one of three strategic objectives. But the execution priorities don’t fully reflect people’s needs, prioritising physical capital over human capital. People without roads, ports and factories can’t flourish. And roads, ports and factories without skilled workers to build and manage them can’t sustain an economy.”
But the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, in an interview with State House correspondents after the NEC meeting, faulted the claim of Gates.

He said the plan had enough provisions for education and health, adding that what was needed was for states to complement efforts of the Federal Government.

https://maniatalk..com.ng/2018/03/why-i-spoke-directly-to-nigerian.html

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Tundemanias: 2:31am On Mar 27, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by emmie14: 2:44am On Mar 27, 2018
El-ru fool quick to defend ignorance

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by blackpanda: 2:46am On Mar 27, 2018
emmie14:
El-ru fool quick to defend ignorance

Grow up already!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by 6660M0666: 3:09am On Mar 27, 2018
“While it may be easier to be polite, it’s more important to face facts so that you can make progress,”

When you are a Billionaire in Dollars, you don't need an excuse to be impolite - especially when you're dishing out the bitter truth to a congregation of deceptive bloodsuckers.

And that Mumu has started doing the one thing that this present administration seems to do best - SHIFTING BLAMES.

191 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by chriskosherbal(m): 3:12am On Mar 27, 2018
The past two weeks has been full of advice from every quarter to the FG by reputable individuals and it is simply wisdom listen and adhere ..

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by CodeTemplar: 3:42am On Mar 27, 2018
the man is right. educate men and industrialize.

24 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 27, 2018
they need counselling ......esp. mr presido

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by emmie14: 5:58am On Mar 27, 2018
blackpanda:

Grow up already!
Same breed same useless group. Did you listen to Gowan recently? Imbecility is your problem

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by firo08(m): 6:02am On Mar 27, 2018
emmie14:

Same breed same useless group. Did you listen to Gowan recently? Imbecility is your problem
pls don't waste your precious time arguing with this slowpoke. He is a fool at forty.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by emmie14: 6:06am On Mar 27, 2018
firo08:
pls don't waste your precious time arguing with this slowpoke. He is a fool at forty.
Alright . Have a great day

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by magoo10(m): 6:07am On Mar 27, 2018
APC and her propaganda machinery have been telling Nigerians lies all along even with their imaginary economic recovery growth plan.

The time and resources the confused people ought to invest in real sectors they used it in orchestrating blame games and propaganda.

24 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by ChangetheChange: 7:10am On Mar 27, 2018
The Co-Chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Mr. Bill Gates, again on Monday criticised the Federal Government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
Gates, in an interview with the CNN, said that the Federal Government’s investment in education and health was not good enough.

“While it may be easier to be polite, it’s more important to face facts so that you can make progress,” the philanthropist told a room of Nigeria’s government elite that included the President.
In an exclusive television interview with the CNN, Gates said he spoke out to implore Nigerian politicians to focus on human capital and its large youth population.

grin grin grin

Buhari is a disaster

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2018
Tundemanias:

“The current quality and quantity of investment in this young generation in health and education just isn’t good enough. So, I was very direct,” he told CNN.
The philanthropist had at a special session of the National Economic Council, on Thursday, said Nigeria would do better with strong investments in health and education, rather than concentrate on physical infrastructure to the detriment of human capital development.

He had said, “Nigeria is one of the most dangerous places in the world to give birth, with the fourth worst maternal mortality rate in the world ahead of only Sierra Leone, Central African Republic and Chad. One in three Nigerian children is chronically malnourished.

“In upper middle-income countries, the average life expectancy is 75 years. In lower middle-income countries, it’s 68; in low-income countries, it’s 62. In Nigeria, it is lower still, just 53 years.

“The Nigerian government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan identifies investing in the people as one of three strategic objectives. But the execution priorities don’t fully reflect people’s needs, prioritising physical capital over human capital. People without roads, ports and factories can’t flourish. And roads, ports and factories without skilled workers to build and manage them can’t sustain an economy.”
But the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, in an interview with State House correspondents after the NEC meeting, faulted the claim of Gates.

He said the plan had enough provisions for education and health, adding that what was needed was for states to complement efforts of the Federal Government.

https://maniatalk..com.ng/2018/03/why-i-spoke-directly-to-nigerian.html
AP-Cheat again

cc lzaa onyeoga

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by capatainrambo: 8:11am On Mar 27, 2018
Lol yarimo will just die if he sees this

lalasticlala pls come and show him look

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by capatainrambo: 8:13am On Mar 27, 2018
blackpanda:

Grow up already!
you get off elrufais it stinks gadamit

13 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by ReverseEngineer: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2018
Bill Gates is someone who understands the essence of skilled labour and human capital development. Unlike what we have here, he actually thrived because he grew up and learnt in an enabling environment. An environment that encourages visionaries.

I find it hard to imagine what he thinks of our leaders collectively, considering how they end up wasting human resources and causing brain drain.

I think our government has failed us. It's left to us as a people to not fail our kids.

The human capital Bill Gates talked about, it's up to us to build it ourselves. In a society where our education system has failed us, we can't overemphasize the relevance of personal development.

Well, in my little way, I'm combating this.

If you're interested in building your ICT skills (Web development, Mobile App development, Database Modelling and administration, and other programming niche), you can contact me on 08106501622 (Call and WhatsApp)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by LotannaAnaekwe: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2018
OK .
I saw a certain thread of BMC blockheads and religious bigots praising the tweeter page of the billionaire. They were happy because Bill Gates said he was, "....Excited about visiting Nigeria and meeting with the two incompetent mofos we are unlucky to have as representative. One an unqualified cattle header and the other, a pastor, PhD holder and an hypocrite to basic common sense.

These same BMC mofos and notorious head slammers and head-to-the -ground -NEXT -to -a-butt Zombies supported El rufai clamp back on Bill Gates concerns about the state of this irredeemable cesspit. Some called the one man whose hard earned money is trying to eradicate Polio from their desert states all kinds of unprintable names.With the way they give birth to children without walking legs and carriable heads,one would think they would at least pay attention to their life saver, Bill Gates.

Well, ignorance is a disease. It's sold in dericas of cans in the North.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by judecares1(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Mr bill gate,have u forgotten that how president has ear problem?

5 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by eleojo23: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2018
“While it may be easier to be polite, it’s more important to face facts so that you can make progress" -Bill Gates 2018

Unfortunately, APC doesn't like facts...they prefer propaganda.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by ZorGBUooeh: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Dis man again..Im don do..We have heard you abeg. angry
When him turn to nigerian economic analyst?I feel Dangote is the person telling him evrytin his saying.
Can adenuga or dangote tell America what to do,ad they take them serious?Why all the attention,like say im be god?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Yankee101: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Well done Bill

10 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by ybalogs(m): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Nigerian leader focus on human capital and education? If wishes were horses...

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Crankshaft: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2018
Bill Gate is hitting them back to back. That's the definition of a man. He said it, he still affirmed what he said before the entire world. The Nigerian government should be ashamed that Someone outside the shell understands the economy inside the shell better than the occupants.

The room is now open to EL Rufai and co to defend their ignorance.

Or they will start blaming opposition for bribing Bill gate to say that.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Flokey: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2018
Nnamdi kanu said thesame thing and he was called a terrorist

20 Likes

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by 400billionman: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2018
cool Oh our Father.
Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by ybalogs(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2018
How I wish our so called leaders will just yield to what Bill gate had to say.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates: "Why I Spoke To Nigerian Leaders" by Twrecks(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2018
Very soon you'd hear he's planning to buy Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pat Utomi Meets With Pastor Kumuyi (Photos) / Tinubu Reveals Why He Has Declined Interviews And Debates / Nigeria’s Sovereignty Is Negotiable, Says Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.