Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike (576 Views)

Have You Noticed Nigeria Has No Direction Under Buhari? / Buhari Runs A Government With No Direction- –financial Times / Buhari Runs A Govt With No Direction – Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by 12Ebisco: 8:23am On Mar 27, 2018
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has declared that Nigeria is now completely directionless, with the country permanently on a dangerous downward slide.

Wike stated this yesterday, when he administered oath of office on four judges of the state High Court and Customary Court of Appeal, at the Government House, Port Harcourt.

He regretted the politicisation of governance, which he said has entrenched despair across the country.

The governor commended elder statesman, General Theophilus Danjuma (retd), for saying the truth about the security architecture of the country.

He alleged that the state security has been deliberately compromised by security agencies, in collaboration with the All Progressives Congress (APC) to undermine security of lives and property.

Wike said the recent deliberate crisis and threat to violence by the APC on the setting up of the Neighbourhood Safety Corps underscores the devilish schemes to promote insecurity in Rivers.

He said: “Nigeria has got to a point that we don’t know where we are heading. I’m not used to fasting, but, I will fast for God to keep General Danjuma because he has said the truth. It is happening daily in Rivers State.

“We are setting up our Neighbourhood Safety Corps, but, they are generating crisis. We only replicated what is in existence in Lagos State, but nobody queries that of Lagos State. Only recently, Nasarawa State launched its outfit, without being challenged.”

He berated the APC-led Federal Government for abandoning the solemn duty of protection of life and property in pursuit of 2019 re-election.

Meanwhile, Wike urged the judges to uphold the rule of law and be fearless in their dispensation of justice.

He urged them not to allow themselves to be intimidated by agents of the political class, adding that if they fail in their responsibilities, they would be called to account by God.

Wike told the judges, including Godwin Ollor and Uche K-Chuku of the state High Court, and Legor Senewo and Frank Onyiri of the state Customary Court of Appeal, that they have the opportunity to make the state a better place by enthroning justice.

In another development, Wike, yesterday, flagged off the state Tax Management (RIVTAMIS), to enhance the ease of doing business and eliminate multiple taxation.

The governor also launched the issuance of the state Tax Identification Number (RIVTIN) and received the first RIVTIN card from the Executive Chairman of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Mr. Adoage Norteh.

Speaking at the flag off of RIVTAMIS and RIVTIN, Wike said the innovations were part of his administration’s commitment to entrench platforms for the ease of doing business.

He said the new tax reform packages would identify formal and informal businesses in the state, noting that the details will help the state government plan for development.

According to the governor, with the digital platforms, tax payments can be made from anywhere.

He said: “From April 1, 2018, all businesses are required to obtain their RIVTIN to pay taxes, levies and fines to the state government.

“All banks have been mobilised to generate RIVTIN for those who want to make payments to the state government. Any business that fails to comply by June 1, 2018, will be appropriately sanctioned.”

On his part, Norteh said the tax system has been sanitised to check multiple taxation.

He said the process would facilitate the tax payment process, enhance self-service and improve the revenue of the state.

“Right from the comfort of your office, you can obtain your tax clearance certificate and tax exemption,” he said.

The IRS chairman further said the tax payer has a duty to reciprocate the tax friendliness of the government.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/03/nigeria-has-no-direction-wike.html

Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by bjayx: 8:25am On Mar 27, 2018
Since 1914
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by emiwanlee(m): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2018
No direction for now sha
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by papoudaupolos: 8:50am On Mar 27, 2018
Many people are associating their failure and lost cause to nigeria while they are the architect of their own misfortunes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by kimjongJezebel: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2018
May God bless Mr Project
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by fk002: 9:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Nigeria has a direction try to be optimistic in everything

I believe in Nigeria

I have no other country than Nigeria

i am a Nigerian

Nigeria will be great
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2018
True talk we do not even know where we are coming from not to even talk of knowing where we are heading to. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2018
fk002:
Nigeria has a direction try to be optimistic in everything

I believe in Nigeria

I have no other country than Nigeria

i am a Nigerian

Nigeria will be great

That was how we were optimistic in 2015 and look at where we are now embarassed in as much as I believe this country would be great it will not happen anytime soon because there is no roadmap or plan all our politicians do is lip service and no action.
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by fk002: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
That was how we were optimistic in 2015 and look at where we are now embarassed in as much as I believe this country would be great it will not happen anytime soon because there is no roadmap or plan all our politicians do is lip service and no action.

My dear never give up, let's keep trying

trust me
Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by Cooly100: 9:39am On Mar 27, 2018
fk002:

trust me

You can't be trying by using nepotism, sectionalism, mediocrity and religion to divide the country and expect to make progress.This sh*t has been going on for years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:41am On Mar 27, 2018
fk002:

trust me
I believe you my brother.We need the right set of people in leadership and it is the duty of you and I to vote in leaders with vision who have the political will.We should learn to vote based on merit and not based on tribal and religious sentiments.We would get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has No Direction – Wike by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2018
Cooly100:

You can't be trying by using nepotism, sectionalism, mediocrity and religion to divide the country and expect to make progress.This sh*t has been going on for years.
Exactly what I wrote I am with you on this.

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Pope Francis Said Hell Doesn't Exist / Offa Robbery: Police Arrest 7 As Gov Ahmed Offers N5m Bounty / PHOTOS: Sani Abacha’s Wife Attends The Graduation Of Her Youngest Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.