Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday (1034 Views)

Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV / Nnamdi Kanu Invited By Lazarus Muoka Of Lords Chosen Church (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by Naijiant: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
Baroness Cox (Caroline Cox), a crossbench peer and founder of Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust (HART) asked a question in the UK's House of Lords on Monday 26 March about the endless violence visited across Nigeria by Fulani herdsmen, with little being done by the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari to bring the violence to a meaningful end.

Her question was: "To ask Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of recent developments in Nigeria, with particular reference to attacks on civilians by Boko Haram and the Fulani."
More on the debate: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/the-uks-house-of-lords-debates-fulani-herdsmen-crisis/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by LordAdam16: 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2018
Some politicians deserve to be decapitated.

The Right Honorable Baroness Cox made this accurate statement:

My Lords, I thank the Minister for his reply. Is he aware that, last time I was in Nigeria, I visited four Christian villages in Plateau state that had been attacked by the Fulani herdsmen, stood in the house where they had murdered the pastor, visited the homes which had been destroyed and saw Fulani cattle grazing everywhere? This situation has been multiplied many times, with the murder in recent months of hundreds of Christians and the destruction of their villages by increasingly well-armed and aggressive Fulani. Will Her Majesty’s Government therefore make rather stronger representations to the Government of Nigeria to fulfil their obligations to ensure the protection of all their citizens, especially given recent developments of Christians being deliberately targeted?

To which Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon, Minister of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, responded with:

Let me assure the noble Baroness and all noble Lords that wherever in the world we find minorities being targeted, we raise that as part of our prioritisation of the freedom of religion and belief. I assure her further that we have raised the issues of the current and recurrent clashes between the herdsmen and the local farmers. We welcome President Buhari’s commitment to assist the affected communities. I agree with the noble Baroness that this has had a devastating impact on lives and communities, as well as on the general safety and security of all citizens. We are engaging with the federal and state Governments to encourage them to work with all parties, so that we can develop safe solutions for all communities in that part of Nigeria.

Baroness Cox called it an attack, Lord Ahmad downplayed it as a clash. And went on to say normal equivocal PC nonsense. How about answering the simple question?

Later on, the same Lord Ahmad said and I quote:

The current crisis is not just one of religion; in some parts, the herdsmen are Christians while the farmers are Muslims.

Is his Lordship mad?

So there are Christian Fulani herdsmen massacring Muslim farmers in some part of Nigeria? And we wonder why the international community is not showing any concern.

Here's the transcript of the session for those who want to read in depth: https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2018-03-26/debates/F4EC40AF-5040-4DFB-A4AA-4C57DB7DCC20/Nigeria

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by Ngokafor(f): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lord AHMAD of Wimbledon?..I rest my case.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by Omololu2121: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lord AHMAD of Wimbledon,what do you expect grin

When southern governors forum were asking for state police, northern governors forum which include the middle belt governors were against state police,this is good for them grin

More killings fall on them,nah them sabi grin

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by markfemisgay: 1:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
FRONT PAGE.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by FeloniousFelon: 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2018
Baroness Cox called it an attack, Lord Ahmad downplayed it as a clash

There is a global Islamic conspiracy to downplay the ongoing Jihad in Nigeria and every where else.

That idiot who the good people of Britain saw fit to represent them in the House of Lords is nothing but a lying taqiyya spewing piece of muslim filth

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by Blackfire(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lord ahmed of wimbledom...

*faints*

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lord Alton of Liverpool (CB)
Share this contribution
When the Minister next meets his Nigeria counterparts, will he address two of the causes of the growth of the Fulani militias and Boko Haram and ask him why, in defiance of the Nigerian constitution and Article 18 obligations, sharia law has been imposed in 12 states, providing impunity during the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people, abductions, land seizures, murders and violence such as the shooting in the mouth of a female choir singer, and how the Nigerian Government will address the fertile breeding ground for recruiting sergeants such as the kleptomania of corrupt leaders that has led the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to state that some $360 billion has been stolen, while in the impoverished north where these groups have been growing some 70% of children never go to school?

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
lord Ahmad is their stooge there

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by tociano009(m): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
ehie:
lord Ahmad is their stooge there
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariq_Ahmad,_Baron_Ahmad_of_Wimbledon

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by tociano009(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
What do you expect from a fanatic Islamabad https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariq_Ahmad,_Baron_Ahmad_of_Wimbledon

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Debated In The UK House Of Lords Yesterday by BabatCargo(m): 2:15am On Apr 02, 2018
When are president is busy giving green light that says continue thé killings

Enjoy shipping discount from China/USA

(1) (Reply)

If You Think Buhari Will Lose 2019 Election, You're Deceiving Yourself (picture) / Nigeria’s Cruise Missiles May Soon Be Subject To MTC Regime. / Jemibewon says Buhari Has Failed, Reveals Best Candidates For 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.