Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,358 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" (44435 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by tourplanet84: 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
the ikeja bus terminal is just averagely okay but it is not world class. let us call a spade a spade. it is just like the shopping malls we have in Nigeria. most of our malls are actually mere super markets in Europe but we call them malls over here. Ambode should have done better by building a bus terminal that is actually bigger and world class. what is worth doing, is worth doing well.

however, i implore other state governs to try and do better.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 29, 2018
tourplanet84:
the ikeja bus terminal is just averagely okay but it is not world class. let us call a spade a spade. it is just like the shopping malls we have in Nigeria. most of our malls are actually mere super markets in Europe but we call them malls over here. Ambode should have done better by building a bus terminal that is actually bigger and world class. what is worth doing, is worth doing well.

however, i implore other state governs to try and do better.

Again I ask, 'what is world class?'

Bagehot:

Do you know why your argument is dead on arrival? Cos 'World Class' more often refers to function, and not form.

'Form' here meaning architecture, which while impressive, does not necessarily add to, or detract from the utility of a building. 'Function' on the other hand, is largely about utility - does the facility have ticketing booths, waiting areas, parking space, working toilets, and design to allow for quick evacuation in the event of an emergency?

If you cannot clearly high-light the deficiencies in the Ikeja Bus Terminal's 'function', then you are obviously just trolling.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by tourplanet84: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
World class refers to the standard, facilities and quality that is inherent in the newly commissioned bus terminal. To me, the Ikeja bus terminal is small for a mega city like our state capital and the Architectural / exterior Design is not contemporary. Hence it is wrong for the government to categorize the terminal as world class. Nevertheless i am grateful that ikeja now has a bus terminal.

Other places that are in need of a bus terminal include, obalende, ojuelegba, victoria island among others. This govt will leave a great legacy if it can quickly build (a world) class terminal in the aforementioned places.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by tourplanet84: 12:10am On Apr 01, 2018
There is nothing special or world class about the ikeja bus terminal. it is small and the exterior is not impressive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) / The Most Beautiful Park In Lagos, Nigeria (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.