Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. (836 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Pitch ANGRY After Disallowed Goal Vs Serbia (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. by internetpo(m): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2018
Nigeria Played their 2nd Friendly Match in preparation for the World cup in Russia, yesterday and lost woefully by 2 goals
against a Star Studded Serbia team who were more cohesive and dangerous in attack. Nigeria still has a problem with her midfield, the partnership between Ndidi, Onazi and Joel Obi isn't working. We sorely missed our captain, Mikel in that middle.

Francis Uzoho
Impressed a few times he was called to action but his inexperience still showed. was always jittery with back pass from the defenders and ended up blasting it high up into the field whenever he got it. Modern day football isn't played like that. Possession is key, don't lose it. The first goal from New castle man, Mitrovic, could have easily been caught by a more experienced keeper. The ball was shot straight at you and went over your head between your arms for goodness sake. (4/10)

William trost-Ekong
Great defensive work from the big number 5 as usual. His partnership with the Other half of the oyibo wall (Leon) over previous matches has been solid and strong the new partnership with Awaziem wasn't great at this match. (6/10)

Chigozie Awaziem
A disaster at the back and his partnership with Trost-Ekong (or even Leon balogun) isnt a good pairing. IF I was Rohr, I would rather pair him with Kenneth Omeruo. (3/10)

Brown Idowu
Brown Did well. Holding back his man on the other wing. All threats from the side of his field were nulled. Also got support, from Musa, a few times he was caught behind the ball. Both goals didnt come from his end. (6/10)

Tyronne Ebuehi
This Young player is good but still has a lot of work to do.Not a good sub for Shehu Abdulahi. Very adventurous as he likes going forward regularly but defensively he isn't too strong and doesn't have that technical ability. He and Ekong were marking the player that got lose and supplied the assist for the 2nd goal. Both goals came from his end. He can be beaten by a pacy and strong striker. Needs more play time but the world cup is not for boys. (3/10)

Joel Obi
I thought this guy was a creative midfielder. that is what he plays at least in his club. But when in Nigeria colours he plays more like a defensive midfielder. Yet doesn't know how to win balls fairly or cover the defense. Not a worldcup material. (2/10)

Wilfred Ndidi
great outing tonight. Compared with the Poland Match Wilfred Did better today. The midfield had a semblance of order. And arially Wilfred is good both as a threat or as a defence. Nigeria wont have much problem defending aerial set pieces from team like Germany or Spain. (6/10)

Ogenyi Onazi
Showed great leadership qualities as the captain and held up the midfield play fairly well. Though Matic, the manChester man held full sway, couldnt be stopped by Onazi. Nothing much else from him until he was substituted at the 60th or so minute.
(4/10)

Alex Iwobi
Unarguably our most creative player of the night. Lots of dribbles and passes from him. had the ability of holding possession, which we sourly needed, but not much space to pass as the serbians closed down on him too fast. was substituted later on. (6/10)

Victor Moses
Still remains one of our lethal and potential strikers. Did well a few times he got the ball but as usual dribbles a lot and doesnt pass when free. (5/10)

Ahmed Musa
My guy still doesn't know how to time his crosses. Always a problem with defenders dues to his pace which he used in this match but his final crosses are always suspect Musa it wont take you much to lift your head up momentarily, as you run and look before you cross, haba. (4/10)

Substitutes
Odion Ighalo
Strong Bullish attacker reminds one of Daniel Amokachi. Can hold/shield the ball in the box, turn and shoot or pass to a free man, which he did a few times. gave the Serbian defenders lots of work to do when he came in in the 2nd half. Missed a perfect overhead kick that would have resulted in the 1st goal of the game. (6/10)

Ola Aina
Came in for Brown, Nothing much from him. fair showing. {5/10)

The other substitutes Agu and John Ogu didnt have much playtime to be rated. they came in after both goals.

All things being equal, our next friendly matches will be a farewell game, against Congo at the Abuja National Stadium on May 28. President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to be in attendance. Next up will be the Three Lions of England on June 2 at Wembley, (can't wait for this) then we round off the friendlies with a clash against Czech Republic on June 6.

My nairaland family, can't wait for the World cup proper to begin, I feel like listing my 1st 11 (22) players Rohr should take to the world cup sef.
What you think of the player rating for those that watched the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. by odehman: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2018
Very good analysis bruh

Check in with us for your interior works
Re: Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. by Andy2274: 10:01am On Mar 28, 2018
The same people that praised uzoho are the ones finding fault now because they lost. 2-0 is not a WOEFUL lost dear writer. If Nigeria 2-0 defeat is woeful what will you call Argentina 6-1 loss to Spain? Which Moses got 5/10? As far as I am concern Moses is the architect of the defeat. He is not playing like a professional and was not in control of the pitch as expected. He was greedy with the ball. All he knows is to drag free kick which he is not good at. Same thing happened in the match against Poland. Look at how he was dragging free kicks with Ihieanacho. As for that Ebuehi guy, like I always say football is not 30 mins game, it is 90 mins plus and your ability to hold on to the 90 mins makes you a good player. Yesterday's match has shown that the guy cannot hold that position for 60 mins.....I stop here
Re: Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. by internetpo(m): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2018
Andy2274:
The same people that praised uzoho are the ones finding fault now because they lost. 2-0 is not a WOEFUL lost dear writer. If Nigeria 2-0 defeat is woeful what will you call Argentina 6-1 loss to Spain? Which Moses got 5/10? As far as I am concern Moses is the architect of the defeat. He is not playing like a professional and was not in control of the pitch as expected. He was greedy with the ball. All he knows is to drag free kick which he is not good at. Same thing happened in the match against Poland. Look at how he was dragging free kicks with Ihieanacho. As for that Ebuehi guy, like I always say football is not 30 mins game, it is 90 mins plus and your ability to hold on to the 90 mins makes you a good player. Yesterday's match has shown that the guy cannot hold that position for 60 mins.....I stop here

I have never for once praised Uzoho. All I ever did was comparing him to Ezenwa and he seems better aerially than the later. I am hoping Carl recovers on time for the Worldcup and is Fit otherwise we'll have a problem in the Goal keeping department. You are right about Victor being selfish and I stated it above. Same with the Ebuehi guy not being world cup material.
Re: Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. by Andy2274: 10:52am On Mar 28, 2018
internetpo:

I have never for once praised Uzoho. All I ever did was comparing him to Ezenwa and he seems better aerially than the later. I am hoping Carl recovers on time for the Worldcup and is Fit otherwise we'll have a problem in the Goal keeping department. You are right about Victor being selfish and I stated it above. Same with the Ebuehi guy not being world cup material.
. I wish Carl or Enyeama is around. All these uzoho, Ezenwa n co would have go to the world cup as observer. Akpeyi who is supposed to be the next keeper is even the worse. Nigeria need strong defence to avoid goals. Not that Ezenwa or Uzoho is not good but this is world cup. Ebuehi need more playing time but not in this world cup. You don't try players in the world cup. Awaziem should improve more and Rhor should play a left foot defender in the left wing. As for midfield, I so much like Joel obi but is like the guy is out of form now and I wish Rabiu Ibrahim is in form to to assist Mikel with those passes for hungry Ighalo. The pairing of Mikel, onazi, Ndidi maybe Moses will be good while iwobi support ighalo in front. Musa, Moses Simon, ihieanacho, omeruo should be fore front substitute. I would want a 5-4-1 formation because of our goal keeping problem. Ekong, balogun or Omeruo, ndidi, shehu and idowu or aina or elderson in defence. Mikel, Onazi, Moses and Iwobi parading midfield will iwobi playing behind ighalo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Serbia - My Analysis And Player Rating. by internetpo(m): 11:24am On Mar 28, 2018
Andy2274:
. I wish Carl or Enyeama is around. All these uzoho, Ezenwa n co would have go to the world cup as observer. Akpeyi who is supposed to be the next keeper is even the worse. Nigeria need strong defence to avoid goals. Not that Ezenwa or Uzoho is not good but this is world cup. Ebuehi need more playing time but not in this world cup. You don't try players in the world cup. Awaziem should improve more and Rhor should play a left foot defender in the left wing. As for midfield, I so much like Joel obi but is like the guy is out of form now and I wish Rabiu Ibrahim is in form to to assist Mikel with those passes for hungry Ighalo. The pairing of Mikel, onazi, Ndidi maybe Moses will be good while iwobi support ighalo in front. Musa, Moses Simon, ihieanacho, omeruo should be fore front substitute. I would want a 5-4-1 formation because of our goal keeping problem. Ekong, balogun or Omeruo, ndidi, shehu and idowu or aina or elderson in defence. Mikel, Onazi, Moses and Iwobi parading midfield will iwobi playing behind ighalo.

Nice analysis. Would have given you a thumbs up If Nairaland had one. wink

(1) (Reply)

First Team Suspended As Sporting CP Will Be Force To Field B Team / Gguardiola Wants 200m From Owners For Busquets-a Player Who Turns 30 In July / Liverpool Star Honoured With Piece Of Land In Mecca For Playing So Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.