Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu (2078 Views)

Remove Magu - Malami Writes Buhari. Accuses EFCC Boss Of Money Diversion / Tradermoni: Buhari, APC Is Relooting Abacha Loots — Fayose / Fayose Write EFCC Of His Desire To Make Himself Available To The Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by eyesofthegods: 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun has queried the Acting Chairman of Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu over alleged failure to remit all recovered loot to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF). The Minister, who queried Magu in a letter last month, requested the Commission to explain why the figures computed by the Office of the AGF, a department under the Ministry of Finance was totally different from what Magu had severally claimed to have recovered at different media briefings.

Adeosun said the Ministry was only able to account for N91 billion recovered loot by the EFCC since 2015, although Magu had claimed in November 2017 that he recovered over N739 billion.The query, with reference number FMF/HMF/EFCC/S-EFCC-REC/2018/1 read;

“This is to notify you of the records of cash asset recoveries in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from May 2015 date based on information available to the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (attached). It has, however, come to the attention of the Ministry of Finance, the use of recovery figures in news media reports by the EFCC that do not reconcile with the records of the ministry.

You are therefore requested to clarify where these cash recoveries have been deposited and provide accompanying evidence.”

The revelation by the Minister of Finance would again throw up a buried grievous allegation that the EFCC under Magu was re-looting recovered money and other assets. Recall that while appearing before the Nigerian Senate for screening, Magu had said he was ignorant of the total money and other assets recovered so far by the Commission, a move that was seen as demonstration of administrative incompetence by an officeholder mandated to drive through the vocal agenda of the administration.

Months after the woeful display at the Senate, Magu, perhaps fearing that his job was on the line, swung into action and started 'recovering money' from airports, private houses, farms and bank accounts. In November, he said over N739 billion had been recovered although only N91 billion was paid to government account.

What then happened to the remaining over N600 billion? Or was Magu feeding the media with fake news in order to remain at the EFCC? Are his actions now proving the DSS right when it wrote to the Senate that he would constitute a liability to the anti-corruption fight?

https://www.vigil360.com.ng/economy/31-top-stories/8711-minister-of-finance-raise-alarm-over-failure-of-efcc-to-remit-all-recovered-loot,-queries-magu.html

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by coluka: 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Confusion government. Government at war with itself. God will punish all of you, clowns!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Blackfire(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Walahi as a zombie, northerner, or paid BMC to support and defend this ....this....this...this fraud of a govt is getting unbearable.

I said those things under the influence of alcohol

5 Likes

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by itchie: 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
Which kind government be dis o

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by danduke85: 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mtchew... Magu! Magu!! Magu!!! This your name will soon become a dictionary word synonymous with the fight you claim to be fighting. Now recovered loots cannot be reconciled between you and madam Kemi. Is EFCC now a bank or what? Will you recover and not remit? I think that is called Re-looting or better still "Aloota Continua".

The next news we are going to hear is that the Eagle flew away with the money in your possession. You are in charge of the anti-corruption fight, Please kindly defend the position Madam Kemi is taking. Obviously, she has her own records and it doesn't reflex the balance you claim is in your possession.

Let me help you with the arithmetics, what happened to over N648 Billion in your possession. We need to know.

There is this news that you are planning to become the president of Nigeria, come 2019. You are storing away Nigerian funds to serve your personal goals or ambition. You remember what recently happened MMM big guy? Issorait.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by fallout87: 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
Confused government.

Only good for stealing, nepotism, terrorism, ethnic cleansing and propaganda.

Can you imagine such a disgrace? Mainly and EFCC claiming they have recovered 739 billion yet only emitting 91 billion!

So food they just steal the remaining 652 billion or have they just been lying about the severity of the theft going on?

Which way?

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Kemperor: 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
They said Buhari is fighting kwarupsion...

The fight against Kwarupsion lead us to recession because they massively looted the monies in our treasury immediately they won election...

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Plus10(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yet pastor osinbade will not see this but if nah Jonathan and PDP he's ready to do away with his Christian faith and join lie Mohammed in deceiving the gullable zombies

2 Likes

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Daviddson(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
The difference between N739bn and N91bn is N648bn. Can such an amount be looted by Magu, even if he were corrupt...? No! It seem to me like Magu doesn't trust a lot of these government officials who ordinarily will have charge of the monies and he's decided to keep it away from them at the moment. Just my thoughts.
And also, 'about 40%' of the recovered monies can't be transferred to govt account yet because they're still under temporary forfeiture.
Omololu001:

###### grin
Park well. Since you don't understand my logic.
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Lipscomb(m): 5:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
This government is the most transparency government since we return to democracy. I like the way the presidency keep exposing member of cabinet. During Jonathan administration corruption was celebrating among the member cabinet.
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by adadike(f): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
All in this Buhari's govt?

1 Like

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by smileyoo: 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
yet they keep making noise everyday about pdp's corrupt days, while themselves 're neck-deep in corruption, even more than pdp. its clear to honest nigerians, that there is no difference between pdp and apc, in this national vice called corruption. its even good for madam adeosun to raise the objection now, or else in the nearest future, this same looting cabals may hang it on her neck, as a presiding finance minister.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Nutase: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
For real
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by RZArecta2(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
When DSS labelled Magu a chronic and unrepentant thief not fit for the EFCC position, Sai barbarians in their usual stùpidity started mastùrbating online following Buhari's idíotic footsteps. Ntoor
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Ngokafor(f): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
I laugh in buhati's anti-corruption bull***t...Buhari and his APC co-horts are jokers.
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by chivic(m): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mrs minister get ready to be fired don't you know that some people are above the law?
I hope some will not be used for election sha?
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by SouthEastFacts: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Lipscomb:
This government is the most transparency government since we return to democracy. I like the way the presidency keep exposing member of cabinet. During Jonathan administration corruption was celebrating among the member cabinet.
Go school, you no gree.
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by alohman(m): 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
Buhari must go.
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by MORNDEW(m): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
See them, none is questioning the authenticity of the news. Smh
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by Omololu001: 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
Daviddson:
The difference between N739bn and N91bn is N648bn. Can such an amount be looted by Magu, even if he were corrupt...? No! [/b]It seem to me like Magu doesn't trust a lot of these government officials who ordinarily will have charge of the monies and he's decided to keep it away from them at the moment[b]. Just my thoughts.
And also, 'about 40%' of the recovered monies can't be transferred to govt account yet because they're still under temporary forfeiture.

You no get sense guy grin
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by akpanoka: 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2018
Daviddson:
The difference between N739bn and N91bn is N648bn. Can such an amount be looted by Magu, even if he were corrupt...? No! It seem to me like Magu doesn't trust a lot of these government officials who ordinarily will have charge of the monies and he's decided to keep it away from them at the moment. Just my thoughts.
And also, 'about 40%' of the recovered monies can't be transferred to govt account yet because they're still under temporary forfeiture. Park well. Since you don't understand my logic.

Magu doesn't trust most of these government officials that have the mandate of custodying the recovered loot, so he decided to keep it by himself about?

I give up. Isokay

Banana Republic
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by akpanoka: 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
MORNDEW:
See them, none is questioning the authenticity of the news. Smh

The report has link.

I opened it.

They appear to be doing well for
themsleves
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by omowolewa: 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Query ignored,
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by psucc(m): 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2018
I don talk am sey d kind fraud where dey Buhari government has never been in the history of the world. How can person award grasscutting contract for one primary school for N200+m, even the President himself come sign contract on sick bed even when him don handover power give him Vice.

Abi na me go talk all
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by akpanoka: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2018
Plus10:
Yet pastor osinbade will not see this but if nah Jonathan and PDP he's ready to do away with his Christian faith and join lie Mohammed in deceiving the gullable zombies

I laff for ibibio language
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by kutchs: 9:25am On Mar 29, 2018
Daviddson:
And also, 'about 40%' of the recovered monies can't be transferred to govt account yet because they're still under temporary forfeiture. Park well. Since you don't understand my logic.
Good you indicated early on it's your thought otherwise I would have asked you to tell us all you know about the money and deal.

Having said that, if you read the article well, the minister specifically asked Magu to produce/provide evidence where the cash retrieved are kept.

Let's assume for a minute but not conceeding that he is keeping the money away from.some people as you said , now the demand is show us where the cash is kept even if you are to keep the money.

Again I'm sure you know that EFCC has no right to keep any recovered money. The money as we all know is supposed to be kept in the AG's office.

So don't you think keeping the money when he isn't supposed to is in itself corruption?
Re: Adeosun Accuses Efcc Of Relooting Recovered Loot, Queries Magu by kutchs: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2018
Lipscomb:
He exposes them and does what after?
What has happened to Babachir Lawal he 'exposed'?
What has happened to Buratai we helped him expose?
What has happened to Dambazzau we helped him expose?
What has he done to Abba Kyari and Kingibe who have been exposed?

Nonsense, sycophants like you are the reason why this man treats us without respect.

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest Three For Attacking Fulani Settlement In Adamawa State (photos) / Jonathan Promises To Complete Zik's Mausoleum. 2010. Under PMB PIC. / BREAKING: Nigerians To Protest Against Buhari At UN General Assembly – Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.