Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,480 members, 7,865,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (448 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / VP Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN And His Brother Akin Osinbajo SAN / Vice Pres. Prof Yemi Osibanjo Makes A Surprise Visit To Fuel Stations In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo by murecool(m): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2018
Reading through Abraham Ogbodo's malicious and mischievous article about the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo in the Guardian Newspaper, I was seriously bothered and disturbed. I was disturbed not because of the baseless article itself, but the fact that it emanated from someone who is an editor of the Guardian Newspaper. The question then is: if an editor of a paper that is hitherto respected in Nigeria decides to throw investigative journalism into the dustbin by casting aspersions on the Vice President over falsehood, then, we are in trouble.
When my late father told me that the war against corruption is the most difficult task that any government could dabble into, little did I know he was right. But, today looking at the antics and various ways corruption is fighting back, I now believe what my father saw then.
Just like other sponsored writers who have in one way or the other benefited from the corrupt past, and never want to hear the truth about the past, this editor Abraham Ogbodo has shown that after all, he never forsook his pay masters.
Now, let me take on his point one after the other:
He said the country was not as chaotic as it is now compared to when he Prof Yemi Osinbajo was the Acting President, the assertion I see as self-conflicting to his calculated intention to denigrate the Vice President. The question here is why condemn the Vice President even when you have exonerated him in your malicious disposition? This is enough to question his integrity.
The writer also in his myopic thinking, refused to appreciate the effort of this present government and specifically, the yeoman job by the Vice President in the area under his direct watch. It is obvious hatred and envy may have blindfolded Abraham Ogbodo from not being able to see the giant stride of this present government. For the avoidance of doubt, let me outline few of the achievements of this present government from the list of 57 earlier released by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the President, Office of the Vice President, Laolu Akande:
Release of 106 Chibok girls, as well as over 16,000 persons in Boko Haram captivity.
Recovering 14 local governments and territories previously under Boko Haram control in the North East, rebuilding lives of citizens there; about one million displaced persons in the North East have returned to their communities in two years of this administration.
Purchase of 12 Super-Tucano aircrafts worth $600 million to aid the Nigerian military’s current operations in the North East.
Ensuring continued peace in the Niger Delta through consistent funding of the FG amnesty programme for ex-militants.
On economy, the achievements are being implemented in the National Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) to aid economic recovery, taking the country out of her worst recession in 29 years, despite fall in oil prices.
Effective implementation of the Treasury Single Account, and increasing government revenue by over N3trillion as well as entrenching transparency and accountability.
Implementation of the Bank Verification Number (BVN), thus tackling corruption by plugging loopholes for siphoning of public funds and tracking of illicit funds through multiple accounts.
Implementing reforms in the civil service which has led to the elimination of over 30,000 ghost workers, thereby saving the country billions of naira monthly.
Massive investments in agriculture, e.g, Anchors Borrowers Programme to improve local produce, improving fertiliser distribution and access across states through the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative.
Reduction in rice imports as a result of government’s policies that has encouraged massive rice production across Nigeria.
Improving transport infrastructure (rail and road); construction work ongoing on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, renovation of Abuja International Airport runway, completion of Abuja – Kaduna Railway among others.
Social Investment Programmes (SIP): N-Power Volunteer Scheme creating jobs for over 200,000 (and still counting) unemployed graduates in all the 36 states and the FCT.
SIP: Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) scheme, under which about 25,000 less privileged Nigerians so far are now being funded with the monthly N5,000 stipend in 9 pilot States (Bauchi, Borno, Cross Rivers, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Osun and Oyo). More beneficiaries are expected to be added in more states.

The take-off of the 2nd Niger Bridge.
Improved power generation nationwide adding $500million to Nigeria’s sovereign wealth fund and about $87million to its excess crude account.
The creation of the N30billion Solid Minerals Development Fund.
Encouraging the patronage of local contents and increasing export in agriculture.
Bailout of cash crunch states; about N689 billion to 27 states of the federation to pay salaries in 2015.
Complete refund of Paris loan deductions to states (unprecedented).
Reforms in the airports (reconstruction of the Abuja airport runway and ongoing work at the Lagos airport).
Eleven of the dead 33 fertilizer plants have been resuscitated while four others are to be revived shortly and this has profound impact on the ongoing revolution in the agricultural sector.
For the first time in more than 45 years, the Mambila Power Plant is set to take off with the allocation of $5.6billion for its realization and an expected 3,050 MW output upon completion.
Increasing external reserves to a 13 month high of $44 billion from $29.13 billion which has surpassed the ERGPs target of $30.56 billion despite global low oil prices and production challenges.
Release of N2 billion take off grant for the Maritime University as part of measures to address agitations in the Niger Delta region.
Anti-corruption war: Prosecuting alleged corrupt public officers and recovering billions of naira of stolen public funds; the successful establishment of the whistle-blower policy.
Establishment of PACAC – a think-tank that has provided leadership, direction and also built capacity of personnel in the fight against corruption.
This Vice President that we know, from my careful observations and analysis is not outrageously power intoxicated as alluded by Abraham Ogbodo. He has shown that he is the most liberal and active Vice President ever in the history of Nigeria. It is still fresh in our memories when the President was on Medical vacation the level of patriotism and selflessness displayed by him was legendary. He never behaved like someone who is desperate for power, he did his work diligently. He is not after power, but, the progress and development of this country.
The writer’s comments about Dolapo, the wife of the Vice President has also shown the desperate move to cajole the Vice President knowing fully well his popularity and acceptability in the South Western region and Nigeria at large. Thank God, Abraham Ogbodo could not, but appreciate the modesty life style of our dear Vice President and his wife.
On the issues of southerners dominating Buhari's governments, the Vice President did not just wake up to explain that, but, it was a response to a question from an online journalist, JJ. Omojuwa. Is it that some of these sponsored writers expected the Vice President to take the position of falsehood? His comments to my knowledge are backed with verifiable facts.
The writer in his usual belligerent manner, misrepresented the Vice President on the issue of the money spent by the last government weeks to the election, the Vice President's position was backed with verifiable evidences, if the writer has not yet seen the approval letter signed by the former Minister of Finance during Jonathan; he is covered under the freedom of Information Act to get one himself. As for the position that the government is not moving on, that is an unforgivable mendacity from an elder like this man, because the vice President made it very clear that the present government is achieving a lots despite the low in the price of crude oil because the government has been able to block loopholes of corruption.
Finally, Professor Yemi Osinbajo is the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not the Vice President of a particular zone or religion, most of us voted for APC because of his combination with Muhammadu Buhari, and they have not disappointed us.
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Yahaya Wada

Re: Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo by Almoner1: 10:55am On Mar 29, 2018
Facts speaks for themselves. We are proud of the present leadership in Nigeria, they have renewed our hope for project Nigeria. Forward ever, backward never

1 Like

Re: Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo by Ratello: 3:00am On Mar 30, 2018
Almoner1:
Facts speaks for themselves. We are proud of the present leadership in Nigeria, they have renewed our hope for project Nigeria. Forward ever, backward never

It shall never be well with that strong man that turned you into this (Amen)! Visit the nearest MFM Church for a special deliverance and thank me later, while warming up kindly embark on a 7-day fast and break at 9 pm with bread and akara with pure water satchet. Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 30, 2018
Ratello:

It shall never be well with that strong man that turned you into this (Amen)! Visit the nearest MFM Church for a special deliverance and thank me later, while warming up kindly embark on a 7-day dry fast and break at 9 pm with bread and akara and pure water satchel. Thank me later

grin grin grin
Re: Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo by CharleyBright(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2018
Depending on which side their bread is buttered, some Nigerians like this OP are willing to cook up and foist narratives that will perpetuate their selfish interest.
Many Nigerians are no more gullible. They have realised who the Real Traitor is, and they are hoing to ensure they reverse the mistake they made in 2015. Little wonder they are trying to acquire and secure their PVCs.
Just so the OP be reminded, when an assumed honest man aligns himself with Liars, he is nothing far from a Liar. When an innocent man is caught in the midst of armed robbers, he gets the same treatment as the robbers. When a man choose to dine with wolves, he is a wolf.
We are waiting for him to come seek votes for his APC in 2019.
We will let him know he is only in APC to service his personal interest and not the interest of the people that gave him votes.
We don't need him.

1 Like

Re: Re: Understanding Prof. Yemi Osinbajo by madridguy(m): 7:44am On Mar 30, 2018
He has shown that he is the most liberal and active Vice President ever in the history of Nigeria. It is still fresh in our memories when the President was on Medical vacation the level of patriotism and selflessness displayed by him was legendary. He never behaved like someone who is desperate for power, he did his work diligently. He is not after power, but, the progress and development of this country.

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Promise On Zoning. Prof Adeolu Akande Urges Ajimobi. Oyo 2019(photo) / Save Now For The ‘rainy Day’ – CBN Tells FG, States / Support Igbos To Produce President After Buhari – Orji Kalu Begs Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.