Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,399 members, 7,830,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far (1272 Views)

Japan Police Chief, Nakamura Resigns Over Assassination Of Shinzo Abe / Moïse: 2 Americans, Others Arrested For The Assassination Of Haiti's President / Israel's Alexander River Turns Red With Blood ‘like Biblical Plague Of Egypt’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by scully95: 1:39am On Sep 01, 2018
[img]https://4.bp..com/-OIHmO3fTA3U/W4nextZb15I/AAAAAAADIco/PLDFK8nlXnISZc6LTgs18ycI-zK-26hAQCLcBGAs/s640/dpr.jpg[/img]
Officials of the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) have confirmed that the republic’s leader, Alexander Zakharchenko, was killed in a blast that occurred at a local restaurant. Sputnik has gathered all the information about the incident available so far.

Assassination in the Restaurant

DPR head Alexander Zakharchenko was killed on August 31 in a bomb explosion at the restaurant Separ in central Donetsk. According to an adviser to the DPR president, the bomb had deliberately been planted in the restaurant, which was frequented by the slain leader.

As a result of the explosion, Zakharchenko sustained a fatal head trauma. DPR Finance Minister Alexander Timofeev, who was at the site when the bomb went off, was also injured.

Suspects Already Detained

Alexander Kazakov, an adviser to the DPR president, announced that the suspects behind the assassination have already been detained, however their identities were not revealed in the statement. The adviser also added that a state of emergency has been introduced in the DPR and its borders have been closed.

Probe Into Terror Attack Opened

Deputy Defense Minister and defense spokesman of Donetsk People's Republic Eduard Basurin accused Ukrainian Security Services of organizing the assassination and added that the US "directly partook in it." He also addressed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, saying that his plans to destabilize the DPR won't work, as they "have everything under control."

Alexander Kazakov said in an interview with Sputnik that the DPR considers the assassination "a terrorist act," as the explosive device was planted deliberately in the restaurant.

Russia's Investigative Committee has opened a probe into the case as an international terror attack in accordance with Russian laws and "based on existing international experience." The committee stated that it is ready to assist the republic in investigating Zakharchenko's assassination.

Reactions to the Assassination

Russian President Vladimir Putin has blasted the assassination of the DPR's leader, saying it was an attempt to destabilize the region and force DPR's citizens to their knees. He stated that those responsible for the attack must be found and punished. Putin added that Russia will always support the people of Donbas.

The Russian Foreign Ministry released a statement that condemned the assassination and expressed condolences to the relatives of the wounded and deceased. The ministry said that the attack was aimed at destabilizing the process for a peaceful resolution of the Donbas conflict and is in line with Kiev's policy of resolving it by force.

The statement further noted that the "terrorist attack looks especially cynical," as it was carried out during the so called "school-time ceasefire." The Foreign Ministry also urged Ukraine to abandon "terrorist methods" of resolving its "internal problems" and expressed hope that Ukrainian politicians will manage to stop the "war party."

A spokeswoman for the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) acknowledged that Ukraine is aware of Zakharchenko's death, but denied accusations against country's security services of organizing the assassination.
Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by Caseless: 1:41am On Sep 01, 2018
angry

OP, I thought it was DPR(Korea)'s kim.

No vex me oo.

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by Appleyard(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2018
I foresee hostilities on the front lines any moment from now. The spate of assassinations has gone on too far. Another bloodbath is on the way. I don't see what advantages Ukraine (if at all they are responsible) seek to gain from such dastardly acts. Meanwhile, it could also have been an internal power struggle problem. Whatever it is, the outcome isn't going to be good at all.

GIVI, BASURIN, and Co, and now is Zarkachenko.

May his Soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by scully95: 1:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
Appleyard:
I foresee hostilities on the front lines any moment from now. The spate of assassinations has gone on too far. Another bloodbath is on the way. I don't see what advantages Ukraine (if at all they are responsible) seek to gain from such dastardly acts. Meanwhile, it could also have been an internal power struggle problem. Whatever it is, the outcome isn't going to be good at all.

GIVI, BASURIN, and Co, and now is Zarkachenko.

May his Soul RIP.

On point. Killing these people wont change the tide of war. When Givi and motorola were killed, I knew Zarkachenko is next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
This attack was well organised. The bomb was placed at the entrance to the building and detontated by remote control & the device was designed to kill by direct blast & fire.

I can’t imagine Ramzan Kadyrov entering a cafe without his men (Kadyrovites) having carefully searched the building for bombs & then locking down the building after the search to make sure no new ones were planted.

I’m not sure why the President (Zakharchenko) & his Finance Minister decided to step out for a lunch, but if it were Putin, then that building would have been crawling with Russian goons hours before Putin gets there.

By now pretty much all the key Novorussian leaders and heroes have been murdered & nothing is being done about it.

It was 1st Arseny “Motorola” Pavlov - 33yrs killed in October 2016 with homemade explosive device which went off in his apartment block.

And then Mikhail “Givi” Tolstykh - 36yrs killed in 2017 with a rocket attack on his office in Donetsk.

And now, Alexander Zakharchenko.

Some are saying Mossad did it. But would Benjamin Satanyahoo be stupid enough to allow Mossad attack the Russians especially when he has a commitment from Putin?

We only hear of high level Russians, Syrians & Iranians being murdered but unless Mother Russia also makes the Empire to feel the heat by eliminating high ranking US, UK, Israeli, France & Ukraine officials, trust me - these killings will continue unabated.

If WW3 will commence, let it commence. Obatala & Sango can vouch for me that if I were to be in Putin shoes, rightnow - The HQ of the Ukrainian SBU will 1st record a ballistic blast via Russian Drones around 7am. Then, the following night, CNN, BBC & Aljazeera will be airing the assassination of 3 Amerikan Ambassadors + the director of Mossad + 1 French Ambassador & the UK Prime Minister (Mrs. Novichok) simultaneously. grin

And before the world starts screaming "It's RUSSIA", I will quickly test-fire 3 hypersonic nuclear missiles. 1 will fly over North Amerika & drop into water of Alaska. grin

The 2nd missile will fly over London & terminates near the Golan Heights. grin

The last missile will fly across Australia & then come back to drop into the Caspian Sea. grin

Now, back to the topic.

We know, the motive for this Western-orchestrated terrorist attack is nothing other the AngloZionist Empire trying to “put more pressure on multiple fronts” to Russia in order to frustrate & stop the anti-imperialist coalition from defeating Amerika's Al-Qaeda proxy army in Syria - but Putin MUST do better that just issuing empty verbal condemnations all the time because the boys are demoralized.

May Givi, Motorola, Zakharchenko & all the rest who have given their lives in the fight against the Empire, rest in peace - Ase!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by scully95: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
One of the sharpest Russian political analysts, Sergei Mikheev, just gave a phone interview following the murder of Zakharchenko. Here is the original Russian version (sorry, no subtitles available):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4fzUOUA0mM

The key part is this:

In general, I think it is outrageous that those who must be responsible for the security of Zakharchenko blinked when this terror act happened. As a minimum, yes. If, of course, all this information is indeed confirmed. Because it was absolutely obvious.. it’s not for the first time that the tactic of Ukrainian terrorists – let’s call it like this, it is exactly like that – is tracing travel routes, planting explosive devices, most likely work with informants, and blowing things up by committing terrorist acts. I.e., the handwriting is obvious. This has been happening for already a very long time. So, those who must be responsible for this security should’ve been engaged in these things. Time after time very large lapses take place concerning those who are responsible for security in the DPR. In my opinion it is just a failure by the Donetsk special services and all those who organise and who are responsible for the security of Mr Zakharchenko.

If at least something good can come from this tragic murder, I hope that it will be a substantial reform of the DNR security services and a serious, sustained and determined effort by the Kremlin to provide the needed technical assistance to the DNR/LNR.

The Saker

PS: by the way, there are already eyewitness reports about the extremely poor security which Zakharchenko was given. Hopefully there will be a serious investigation followed by some major reforms.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by Appleyard(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2018
J
scully95:

On point. Killing these people wont change the tide of war. When Givi and motorola were killed, I knew Zarkachenko is next.

Whosoever is doing those killings is misplacing priorities. It won't change anything on the ground. Rather, it would only harden the minds and soul of those fighting the Novorossiya course.

Right now, there are reports of large number Of Russian tank columns being moved to the areas closed to Ukraine. Maybe there is something coming up so soon. With Zarkerchenko dead, it's never going to be all quiet in the western fronts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by scully95: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
PUSHILIN BECOMES ACTING HEAD OF DPR AS MILITARY TENSIONS GROW IN EASTERN UKRAINE

Speaker of the Parliament of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Denis Pushilin was appounted an acting head of the republic under decision of the DPR Parliament on September 7. A majority of the members of parliament supported the decision. Additionally, the DPR Parliament designated November 11 as the date for the election of a head of the DPR to replace Pushilin.

From the assasination of DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko on August 31 to September 6, Dmitry Trapeznikov served as DPR Acting Head.

The appointment of Pushilin comes amid the growing military tensions in eastern Ukraine. After Zakharchenko’s killing, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the attack was “a Ukrainian provocation…obviously aimed at derailing the implementation of the Minsk agreements.”

Meanwhile, according to the DPR military, the Ukrainian Armed Forces (UAF) are actively concentrating troops and military equipment along the contact line with the DPR and the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR). One of the main areas of the UAF deployment is the countryside of Mariupol. The DPR military says that chances that the UAF will carry out an attack on the republics in the near future [in middle September] are growing.

Another factor contributing to the possible escalation is the ucpoming presidential election in Ukraine [scheduled on March 31, 2019]. The current Ukrainian president, Petr Poroshenko, and his government have suffered multiple political and economic setbacks since the previous election, which took place on May 25, 2014. According to exprts, the only thing allowing Poroshenko to remain in the power is smoldering conflict in the eastern part of the country and the Western financial support to Ukraine received under this pretext. So, it can be expected that the Poroshenko regime will make an attempt to escalate situation to remain in the power.

1 Like

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by fineguy11(m): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
Zoharariel:
This attack was well organised. The bomb was placed at the entrance to the building and detontated by remote control & the device was designed to kill by direct blast & fire.

I can’t imagine Ramzan Kadyrov entering a cafe without his men (Kadyrovites) having carefully searched the building for bombs & then locking down the building after the search to make sure no new ones were planted.

I’m not sure why the President (Zakharchenko) & his Finance Minister decided to step out for a lunch, but if it were Putin, then that building would have been crawling with Russian goons hours before Putin gets there.

By now pretty much all the key Novorussian leaders and heroes have been murdered & nothing is being done about it.

It was 1st Arseny “Motorola” Pavlov - 33yrs killed in October 2016 with homemade explosive device which went off in his apartment block.

And then Mikhail “Givi” Tolstykh - 36yrs killed in 2017 with a rocket attack on his office in Donetsk.

And now, Alexander Zakharchenko.

Some are saying Mossad did it. But would Benjamin Satanyahoo be stupid enough to allow Mossad attack the Russians especially when he has a commitment from Putin?

We only hear of high level Russians, Syrians & Iranians being murdered but unless Mother Russia also makes the Empire to feel the heat by eliminating high ranking US, UK, Israeli, France & Ukraine officials, trust me - these killings will continue unabated.

If WW3 will commence, let it commence. Obatala & Sango can vouch for me that if I were to be in Putin shoes, rightnow - The HQ of the Ukrainian SBU will 1st record a ballistic blast via Russian Drones around 7am. Then, the following night, CNN, BBC & Aljazeera will be airing the assassination of 3 Amerikan Ambassadors + the director of Mossad + 1 French Ambassador & the UK Prime Minister (Mrs. Novichok) simultaneously. grin

And before the world starts screaming "It's RUSSIA", I will quickly test-fire 3 hypersonic nuclear missiles. 1 will fly over North Amerika & drop into water of Alaska. grin

The 2nd missile will fly over London & terminates near the Golan Heights. grin

The last missile will fly across Australia & then come back to drop into the Caspian Sea. grin

Now, back to the topic.

We know, the motive for this Western-orchestrated terrorist attack is nothing other the AngloZionist Empire trying to “put more pressure on multiple fronts” to Russia in order to frustrate & stop the anti-imperialist coalition from defeating Amerika's Al-Qaeda proxy army in Syria - but Putin MUST do better that just issuing empty verbal condemnations all the time because the boys are demoralized.

May Givi, Motorola, Zakharchenko & all the rest who have given their lives in the fight against the Empire, rest in peace - Ase!
the degree of sophistication involved in these high profile donbas killings have made me come to one conclusion....,,dat these killings were most likely carried out by the ruskies..Donbass has been under the control of the Russian military since the war inception and Wld be difficult for foreign operatives to work undetected ....majority of those commanders were hot heads and sometimes acted against Russian directives....GIVI for instance was reluctant to agree to one of the cease fire brokered by Russia in 2016.....I admire their courage though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by scully95: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
fineguy11:
the degree of sophistication involved in these high profile donbas killings have made me come to one conclusion....,,dat these killings were most likely carried out by the ruskies..Donbass has been under the control of the Russian military since the war inception and Wld be difficult for foreign operatives to work undetected ....majority of those commanders were hot heads and sometimes acted against Russian directives....GIVI for instance was reluctant to agree to one of the cease fire brokered by Russia in 2016.....I admire their courage though.

What are you saying ? The likes of ppl saying Russia has sold Assad right ?
Do you know how many times they tried to kill him ?
He was even wounded twice...
Do you know how many Times the Kiev regime has used bomb to kill its opponent ?

Do you know where Donbass is self ? Do you even know that Ukrianians can still go to Russia without Visa ?
Do you even know Mariopol is a province of Donbass but under Ukrainian Gov control ?

Why should Russia Kill any DOnbass leaders ? What for and why ?
Poroshenko even openly called for his assasination.
What did Yulia Tymoshenko say after his death ?
Kiev were even celebrating his death..

Many are even saying the totality of Mossad,Kiev, MI6 and the rest were involved...
Just give one reason why Russia should kill ?
Even during the Soviet times, the KGB hardly take part in assination.
This has 100% footprint of the anglozionist empire.. The BRiTISH..
You got this one wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by fineguy11(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
h
scully95:

What are you saying ? The likes of ppl saying Russia has sold Assad right ?
Do you know how many times they tried to kill him ?
He was even wounded twice...
Do you know how many Times the Kiev regime has used bomb to kill its opponent ?

Do you know where Donbass is self ? Do you even know that Ukrianians can still go to Russia without Visa ?
Do you even know Mariopol is a province of Donbass but under Ukrainian Gov control ?

Why should Russia Kill any DOnbass leaders ? What for and why ?
Poroshenko even openly called for his assasination.
What did Yulia Tymoshenko say after his death ?
Kiev were even celebrating his death..

Many are even saying the totality of Mossad,Kiev, MI6 and the rest were involved...
Just give one reason why Russia should kill ?
Even during the Soviet times, the KGB hardly take part in assination.
This has 100% footprint of the anglozionist empire.. The BRiTISH..
You got this one wrong.
I have followed the WAR from its inception.... the way these Guys were capped suggest inside job carried out with perfect execution...I will hold on to my narrative i.e the killings of these henchmen serves the power who controls the sky,the seas of donbass and that's Russia.......
Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by scully95: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2018
fineguy11:
hI have followed the WAR from its inception.... the way these Guys were capped suggest inside job carried out with perfect execution...I will hold on to my narrative i.e the killings of these henchmen serves the power who controls the sky,the seas of donbass and that's Russia.......

Then you don't know anything about Russia or how it operates..
You must be of the opinion that Putin himself ordered Skripal poisoning right ?( You live in another world)
You have not even anwered why RUssia should do such ?

Just apply the use of logic and sense, you will find out that Donbass and Lugansk are more like a buffer zone for Russia. Why should Russia try to kill any leader there ?

If Russia keeps saying they should go back to Minsk Agreement and the Leader was even present during the last meeting of the Minks Agrement and Ukraine has been looking for a way to kill that agreement.

Just apply the use of sense is what is needed. Now lets go back to south ossetia and abkhazia. Have you heard any of such news in those Autonomous states ? That Russia kill or assinate anyone there ? (These are buffer zones for Russia and Any War the empire tries push any of these countries against Russia like it was done during the Second world war will be fought right in that country.. Ukraine - they have been playing the same nazi roots there.).. As if NATO crooks were not training the Georgian troops to take on Russia ? A war that ended in 3 days after Russia tested its Iskander M complex.

Just apply the simple use of reason if you know nothing about Russia and stop following mere propganda mantra from the same killers who have assasinated many leaders in the past even Nigerian leaders. Usually those who do not want to play balls with them or do as they say.

NOW SEE THIS UPDATE BELLOW

DPR HEAD IS ASSASINATED. PRO-KIEV FORCES PREPARE FOR ADVANCE IN EASTERN UKRAINE

On August 31, Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Alexander Zakharchenko died from wounds received in a bomb attack in the DPR capital of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. The explosion, which took place in a restaurant, “Separatist”, also injured at least 3 persons, including the DPR Finance Minister.

The Russian Foreign Ministry described the incident as a terrorist attack designed “to derail the process of peaceful political settlement in Donbass and the implementation of the Minsk Agreements”. The ministry called on the Kiev government “to stop relying on terrorism to resolve Ukraine’s domestic issues”.

The DPR authorities accused the Kiev government of being behind the attack. The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) confirmed that it is aware of the incident but claimed that the death of Zakharchenko was a result of some internal tensions within the DPR.

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Trapeznikov became Interim Head of the DPR.

Meanwhile, DPR military spokesman Eduard Basurin said that the Ukrainian military is re-grouping its forces along the contact line with the DPR.

“We think this is the eventual goal in terms of destabilizing the situation in the areas near the Line of Contact – something the Ukrainian and US secret services have hoped to gain,” he said. “We don’t rule out an offensive at one of the sections of the line.” Separately, he pointed out “the deployment of a Ukrainian security forces’ combat group in the direction of Mariupol under the guise of Storm-2018 drills”. According to Basuring citing intelligence data, the UAF may carry out a new attack on the DPR on September 14.

Over the past few years, the DPR and its neighbor, the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR), have been hit by a series of terrorist attacks and assassinations. According to DPR and LPR sources, all of them has been reportedly carried out by Ukrainian intelligence and its agents. However, some sources say that at least a part of these incidents has been a result of the internal tensions within the DPR and the LPR. Local sources describe the work of the republic’s security forces as only “sub-optimal” to what is needed.

It is also important to note that Zakharchenko was one of the persons signing the Minsk II agreements in 2015, which declared a ceasefire between Ukraine and the DPR-LPR forces. Now, when Zakharchenko is dead, Kiev may use this as a justification to ignore further its responsibilities in the framework of the agreements.

The chances for any kind of successful peaceful settlement of the conflict in eastern Ukraine continue to decrease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assassination Of DPR Head, Alexander Zakharchenko: What We Know So Far by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
The Russian FSB (whose investigators are in Donetsk) has declared that the Ukrainian SBU is behind the murder of Alexandr Zakharchenko.

https://thesaker.is/reply-to-paul-craig-roberts-crucial-question/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Elon Musk Set To Unsuspend Donald Trump's twitter Account (video) / Battle For Lisychansk Rages On As Russia Destroy US Supplied M777 Howitzers / Power Of Incumbence In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.