Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,379 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan (22877 Views)

The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) / Anger, Despair As FCDA Demolishes Houses In Apo NEPA, Abuja / Our Nepa Bill Has Increased More Than 100% In the last one year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by obosirow: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:
I got inspired to write and pursue this after reading this post here:

www.nairaland.com/4424406/how-customer-stood-ground-against/

Now to my story.

I moved to a new house in Ibadan in May, 2017. The building has 7 flats and I occupied one of the flats.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for each of the flats and they will be installing them as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the transformer of my area was faulty from May till December 25th, 2017. It was eventually fixed by the community, not PHCN (NEPA).

Then, in February of 2018, the man who collected the money for the prepaid meter brought some Nepa bills for each of the flats saying that we need to pay #3000 each for "loss of revenue". This fee is to cover for the power we're consuming pending the time that our prepaid meter will be ready.

Also, we'll be paying #2000 monthly per flat while our prepaid meter is processing.

I said no. The others tenants also stood their ground.

This man then went to bring more officials to justify his actions. This time around, they added that they can remit the money for us.

This is a new house and it's obvious that they are not being truthful.

The receipt they gave us is not attached to any meter number. No A/C no. Nothing. Just a stamp that contains a name and phone number.

I see this as daylight robbery and corruption because it's obvious that they are deliberately delaying the prepaid meters for their selfish interest.

What steps can I take to correct this?

These guys are threatening to disconnect my power supply. I'm not bothered because I use a solar inverter to power my flat.

I just want to let these guys know that they are wrong. I want to take this up.

I've the phone numbers, email address, and address of IBEDC. What are the steps to take before I write a petition and start this long process.

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by obosirow: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2018
And this...

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by obosirow: 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Continued

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by obosirow: 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Continued....

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by obosirow: 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lastly...

Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Jawshua(m): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
reflexionz:

OK my bad, Im sorry for the tone of the response bros.
Now here a couple of things that can help you based on experience...
1. Did your Landlady pay for the meters through the genuine process, does she have documents (Bank teller) showing amount and nos of meters payed for? If so head to the nearest Office with copies of documents and request to see New service officer and tender your documents....8/10 chances are the meters are ready and probably phone nos supplied as at time of application is not reachable.
2. Now also confirm if it's not that she gave one "NEPAMAN" Soso and soso amount of money because he is a Nepaman! So if this is the case contact "NEPAMAN" and ask what is happening since u have not seen meter
Also as for the 7 months outage...Sorry bros e dey pain Wella!
3. But for the payment it's not extortion, it's actually the standard since the service unit stamp will be on it with the Cashier's signature. It's admissible anywhere.
So bro try and confirm situation of things first from the office, so you know what next to do. 80 if not 100% of meters payed for over a year ago have been delivered and installed. There's a NERC regulation on metering that ensures DISCOs meter within 45 days customer makes payment.
So hope I have been helpful abit.....My bad about earlier bro, hope this solves your issue

Thank you for this meaningful contribution. I'll work on the points to resolve the issue.

Thank you once again.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by AuroraB(f): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
hannysur8:
What this man wrote is absolutely true because we are experiencing the same thing in my area in Ibadan, this IBEDC are just doing as they like.....They even brought 8000 naira for a small mosque where people only converge on Friday alone for prayer
Is it only on Fridays Muslims pray in a Mosque
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by stchinedu: 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
I SENT you an email. Kindly respond to it. Thanks
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by jerumax: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
Penisinpenisout:
Our bill is always 15k. It's set at default. Whether we travel or stay at home, it's always 15k. It went from 3-5k a month to 15k. We've accepted the new change.
You shouldn't accept it, write a letter to the area manager of your distribution company, wait for their response, if after 15days nothing has been done then write to the NERC Forum in your state. They will call you for a meeting with the area aedc and resolve your issue.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by JZ36jqk: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
we train our students using the piano tutor .
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Dosoq(f): 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Go to NERC office,its at iyaganku area of Ibadan.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by otokx(m): 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Loss of Revenue per month in Port Harcourt after paying for prepaid meter is 5000.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by Sagamite(m): 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jawshua:
I got inspired to write and pursue this after reading this post here:

www.nairaland.com/4424406/how-customer-stood-ground-against/

Now to my story.

I moved to a new house in Ibadan in May, 2017. The building has 7 flats and I occupied one of the flats.

On moving in, the landlady told me that she already paid for 7 prepaid meters for each of the flats and they will be installing them as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the transformer of my area was faulty from May till December 25th, 2017. It was eventually fixed by the community, not PHCN (NEPA).

Then, in February of 2018, the man who collected the money for the prepaid meter brought some Nepa bills for each of the flats saying that we need to pay #3000 each for "loss of revenue". This fee is to cover for the power we're consuming pending the time that our prepaid meter will be ready.

Also, we'll be paying #2000 monthly per flat while our prepaid meter is processing.

I said no. The others tenants also stood their ground.

This man then went to bring more officials to justify his actions. This time around, they added that they can remit the money for us.

This is a new house and it's obvious that they are not being truthful.

The receipt they gave us is not attached to any meter number. No A/C no. Nothing. Just a stamp that contains a name and phone number.

I see this as daylight robbery and corruption because it's obvious that they are deliberately delaying the prepaid meters for their selfish interest.

What steps can I take to correct this?

These guys are threatening to disconnect my power supply. I'm not bothered because I use a solar inverter to power my flat.

I just want to let these guys know that they are wrong. I want to take this up.

I've the phone numbers, email address, and address of IBEDC. What are the steps to take before I write a petition and start this long process.

Why did you (or any of the other two tenants) not have the sense to film them when they came to tell you all these?
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by kpaofame: 12:11am On Mar 31, 2018
Jawshua:

Thank you for your response. They are unnecessarily delaying the prepaid meter just to collect loss of revenue. We had no light for 7 months. Why didn't they fix the prepaid meter during that time.

This is one of the reasons this country is crawling.
I laugh in Swahili.... IBEDC are thieves ...you are lucky to be getting 2k fixed charge. ...but its good you stood your ground ...I live in a new house, new layout..They came with bill lost of revenue for 3 months over #12000, we were are still pushing for prepaid meter... Next month they brought bill of #12k...( one month bill for 2bedroom flat)... We went to complain they said it has been set there is nothing they can do about it... My egbon just told them to stop the account disconnect the light... They said we can't get the meter if it comes rill will clear the amount...thats how we paid over #40k and told then to cut the light till they come with prepaid meter...
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by slim147(m): 12:16am On Mar 31, 2018
Where I live, if they bring 10k bills , I will gladly pay it , cos the way they give us light here. Sometimes you go even tire for light .
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by egworlordor(m): 8:40am On Mar 31, 2018
My friend go and pay; 2K for a flat and you are complaining... people like Una na de make others no get lite... if you get prepaid meter, you will pay way more than 2k a month. Developed countries pay heavily for power. Naija nor de gree pay yet we go dey complain
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by mikolo80: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
WHY YOU NO PAY THE 5K FOR AM
SHEBI NA ORDINARY 5K
HEEDIOT
san316:
If u have read the "stood his ground" post, what do u want again?

You sef too stingy ooooo. The first guy fought because of about 350k potential bill. You Na because of 5k u want write petition?

Give those guy money to support their family hope. If u can't give them all, just slap them with 1k5 each.

Case closed
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by san316(m): 10:23pm On Mar 31, 2018
mikolo80:
WHY YOU NO PAY THE 5K FOR AM
SHEBI NA ORDINARY 5K
HEEDIOT

Guy respect your old age ooooo.
Re: Help: Crazy Nepa Bill In My New Apartment In Ibadan by mikolo80: 10:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
san316:

Guy respect your old age ooooo.
WEN YOU NO WAN RESPECT YOUR YOUNG AGE
PESIN DE TIF PESIN MONI
YOU DE SUPPORT D TIF because NA ORDINARY 5K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Affordable Fairfield Apartment For Sell ( Lekki ) / Cost Of A 3 Bedroom Flat Block Work + Roofing / Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.