Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal (6275 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
They say “what you sow is what you reap.” I never really took these words serious until it happened to me.

This is the story of love turned ro pain and how what was supposed to be my happy day for everyone turned one of sorrow and pain.

My name is Stacia and I have had my fair share of love, pain, and betrayal. But by a divine twist of fate, I found companionship in the most beautiful form.

I met Tega through a mutual friend. He wasn’t really my ‘spec’ and I didn’t l initially didn’t like him when we met. He was shorter than I liked as was just an inch or so taller than my 5’6. He also wasn’t much in the looks department as I liked my men more refined-looking.

However, after a few dates, I realized he more than made up for his physical lacks with his amazing personality. He was intelligent, caring, gentle, and above all, selfless. With these qualities, I knew I was home and so began the most amazing romance story ever told.

Tega was there for me through it all. He became my confidant, advisor, and my gist buddy. He also took care of me, making sure I never lacked. There was just one little problem in our storybook romance: he didn't quite make my heart beat.

I felt there was a problem somewhere and discussed it with him. Tega lacked at my fears, stating I'd seen one too many romance flicks. He said love was a commitment and you didn't necessarily have to get heartbeats and butterflies to know you were with the right person. I believed him.

Tega asked me to be his bride soon after and I happily accepted. Soon, both families became occupied planning the wedding. Our mutual friend was to be my chief bridesmaid. The dress was ordered from Lola boutique, Arkansas at Tega’s insistence. The services of two party planner were employed so I wouldn’t get stressed with the planning. Tega stated to all he didn’t want his bride stressed and looking less beautiful than I usually am on the wedding day.

My friends envied me. One advised that I hold on strongly to my Prince Charming so none of my possibly jealous friends would snatch him.
Haha. Like they possibly could. Tega was head over heals for me and had eyes for me only.

I continued to bask in my perfect love, enjoying every bit of it, until disaster struck. Yeah, it struck in the person of Jake Stone, Tega’s best man and best friend.

We went to the airport to pick him up as he was coming in from Ghana where he lived. He’d been there for 10 years, but was flying in a month to the wedding to support his best friend.

As soon as I set my eyes on Jake, I swooned. I didn’t believe the two guys knew each other, let alone be best friends. Jake was a Greek god, perfect in every chiseled muscles that rippled as he walked over to where we stood. I felt my heart pick up an unusual rhythm, felt my stomach sink to the bottom at the sex appeal he exuded.

He came close and the two guys hugged in a way typical with men who hadn’t seen in a while. There was a lot of back patting , manly hugs, and laughter.
I stood silently by and watched this obvious display of affection between two men.

“Meet Stacia, the one I told you about”, Tega said when they broke apart, pulling me to him affectionately.

Jake took off the dark sunglasses he'd had on, perhaps to give me a perusal. I stared into light grey eyes and felt myself sinking. It felt as though our hearts reached out to each other; connected.

What was happening was weird and very scary. I’d never felt this strong attraction for any man before, and I’d met way more good looking guys than Jake.

I was getting married in a month’s time and here I was ........

Continue Reading

https://channels.cc/u/tCfuh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
No comment on this story?
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 12:14am On Mar 31, 2018
Sounds like Tega is in for a world of hurt. shocked
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by derachokolate(m): 5:10am On Mar 31, 2018
why is erigga's long story playing on my head ? ..... Nice stuff you got here
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2018
KingSango:

Sounds like Tega is in for a world of hurt. shocked

Haha � . Thanks for taking the time to comment. Why not finish the story to find out. Lol
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
Godmother:

Haha � . Thanks for taking the time to comment. Why not finish the story to find out. Lol

Are you the author?
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by EAhumble(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
the link is not accessible
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 5:48am On Apr 04, 2018
EAhumble:
the link is not accessible

Check it now
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 5:48am On Apr 04, 2018
KingSango:

Are you the author?

Yea. I hope you're enjoying the story.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by yhungbrowhne(m): 7:28am On Apr 04, 2018
can i havr yoyr story featue on my blog ma
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by skubido(m): 10:22am On Apr 04, 2018
Following
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2018
yhungbrowhne:
can i havr yoyr story featue on my blog ma

www.emperorblog.com.ng

Hmmm. Will I be paid? Cos I get paid to feature my story here https://channels.cc/u/vYfTy
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
Godmother:

Yea. I hope you're enjoying the story.

So far its good. But the physical features of the characters, I'm getting the notion these are not BlackAfrican people. Am I right? Its hard to relate to a love story if there is no physical attraction to the character's features. grin This is a Black/African site so most of your readers will be Black/Africans. We like brown eyes. grin There's deep brown and light brown among Black/Africans.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
I read it all. cheesy

Good story, it needs more development, bring out the suspension. Let it drag a little bit.

Ase

Love Sango

2 Likes

Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 4:15am On Apr 06, 2018
KingSango:

I read it all. cheesy

Good story, it needs more development, bring out the suspension. Let it drag a little bit.

Ase

Love Sango

Hi, KingSango the story is act meant to be a short one but I'll look into your suggestion. Thanks for reading.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2018
Godmother:

Hi, KingSango the story is act meant to be a short one but I'll look into your suggestion. Thanks for reading.

The plot goes too fast and it makes the main character seem like an olosho. grin She has seen very good looking guys before so bring out more of what makes this situation unique. The best friend seems underdeveloped or not as much as the wife character. What desire unmeet in the woman is what caused her betrayal. You did a good job describing her lusting really good looking men. Maybe you can focus more on her vainty such as getting really dressed up, wearing perfume, and being talkative usually when the best friend comes around. Show her slowing diving into the affair with hopes of not getting caught. I realize African women are conservative but no one buys it so sell a more deviant character. One paragraph is enough to insert this twist of plot. Sometimes humans enjoy stories common to their times in hopes they will learn a lesson in survival or love so give it to them with deviance like the times we live.

As

Love Sango

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by kayo80(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2018
Godmother is back! Good to have you back. smiley
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2018
Godmother,
Excellent story you got there.
My own question:
See name:
Tega vs
Jake Stone

Out of those two, who go pick the first?

gringringrin

Regardless, the story is looking good. Needs some grammar corrections and a little more suspense. But by telling me that is story is about love and betrayal, I get the feeling Tega is going to lose...

<<<Inserts shameless self-promotion here>>>

Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.
https:///2348027329239

I will design your cover in 12 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

You can also quote me.

Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
KingSango:

The plot goes too fast and it makes the main character seem like an olosho. grin She has seen very good looking guys before so bring out more of what makes this situation unique. The best friend seems underdeveloped or not as much as the wife character. What desire unmeet in the woman is what caused her betrayal. You did a good job describing her lusting really good looking men. Maybe you can focus more on her vainty such as getting really dressed up, wearing perfume, and being talkative usually when the best friend comes around. Show her slowing diving into the affair with hopes of not getting caught. I realize African women are conservative but no one buys it so sell a more deviant character. One paragraph is enough to insert this twist of plot. Sometimes humans enjoy stories common to their times in hopes they will learn a lesson in survival or love so give it to them with deviance like the times we live.

As

Love Sango

It's a short story that's why everything had to go that fas.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
Godmother:

It's a short story that's why everything had to go that fas.

I see. You know what I can't believe? That a woman could fall so quickly for a man, no matter how good looking, cheat on her husband with his best friend, without some guiding reason. I guess I'm just more partial of a stronger female character that when playing the villain is just as determined and resolute as any man. grin You have that characteristic of strong determination and resolution by creating these short stories. In the future I think I will just shut up and appreciate your work as it is. You do good short stories I will read one today.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by skubido(m): 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
Godmother wetin dey happen na, dis won uno update so..

Hope u are Good
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
skubido:
Godmother wetin dey happen na, dis won uno update so..

Hope u are Good

The story has been completed already. I have it published on this website

https://channels.cc/u/_VHPR

So I can post the whole thing here so they don't ban me.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
KingSango:

I see. You know what I can't believe? That a woman could fall so quickly for a man, no matter how good looking, cheat on her husband with his best friend, without some guiding reason. I guess I'm just more partial of a stronger female character that when playing the villain is just as determined and resolute as any man. grin You have that characteristic of strong determination and resolution by creating these short stories. In the future I think I will just shut up and appreciate your work as it is. You do good short stories I will read one today.

Ase

Love Sango

I don't support cheating, buy I also know a lot of things can push a woman to cheat. One of them is when she feels unfulfilled in her relationship.

Also, you can't always tell when love will happen. It hits you when you least expect.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by KingSango(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
Godmother:

I don't support cheating, buy I also know a lot of things can push a woman to cheat. One of them is when she feels unfulfilled in her relationship.

Also, you can't always tell when love will happen. It hits you when you least expect.

That's true, actually both statements, but I can't get what she saw so great in the best friend seeing she's seen other good looking men before. grin

You keep building though because short story writing can be quite a career for you.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
KingSango:

That's true, actually both statements, but I can't get what she saw so great in the best friend seeing she's seen other good looking men before. grin

You keep building though because short story writing can be quite a career for you.

Ase

Love Sango

Thanks for those kind words.
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Godmother(f): 9:09am On Apr 21, 2018
Read all
Re: IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2018
Freebiez:
Godmother,
Excellent story you got there.
My own question:
See name:
Tega vs
Jake Stone

Out of those two, who go pick the first?

gringringrin

Regardless, the story is looking good. Needs some grammar corrections and a little more suspense. But by telling me that is story is about love and betrayal, I get the feeling Tega is going to lose...

<<<Inserts shameless self-promotion here>>>

Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.

I will design your cover in 12 hours - 24 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

You can also quote me.

(1) (Reply)

Links To All Kayode Odusanya Stories On Nairaland / Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! / Divide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.