Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 (12009 Views)

Students' Car Park vs Lecturers' Car Park In a Tertiary Institution In Nigeria / Top 20 Scholarships For Nigerian Students In 2018. / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Yoclan: 6:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018

1. Not Scoring Up To Or More Than Jamb Cut Off Mark:
Every Jamb candidate usually have the dream of scoring above 300. However, this doesn’t work for everybody in reality. If you scored less than the general cut off mark for your school of choice, you will not be admitted.

On the other hand, If you score around the Jamb cut off mark, you may also not get admitted as a result of competition. This is a good reasons to change your course or school of choice.

2. Lost Of Interest In The Study Course Or Institution:
Some candidates say, “I don’t want to study in the University I chose earlier, in fact, I have lost interest in the choice of course I put in during Jamb registration.”

This could be that you never liked the school or your parents asked you to change the course. In addition, it could just be that you have a Jamb score that can take you to a better school.

3. You Made A Mistake When Filling Jamb Form And Subject Combinations:
So many persons reported to me that the wrong institution was chosen for them during registration.

For others, they had issues in their Jamb subject combinations and could not fix it when Jamb gave room for correction of details.

If this is your situation you may want to change to your desired institution. Change of course and institution form gives you room to  do this.

How To Do Jamb Change Of Institution/Course Of Choice For Jamb 2018
1. Visit jamb.org.ng/efacility/.

2. Use your Jamb profile email address and password to login in.

3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.

4. Select “Application for Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar or on the Home page

5. Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this and select the year you wrote Jamb, then enter your registration number to fetch your details.

6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.

7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.

8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.

9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.

10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.

11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number

12. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.

13. Click Submit to complete your application.

14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.

Credit: https://eduextra.org.ng/jamb-enables-portal-change-course-institution/

2 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Yoclan: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Cc:lalasticlala
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by bolt000(m): 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hmm
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Adebowale89(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
nice one Op.

those changing course/institution must as well note that, the change of course/institution/age correction/name correction cannot be done in a cafe or personal reg except CBT centres, take note.

each correction entails 2,500 plus 1,000 service fee depend on CBT centres

so doing change of name and change of course/institution for example is 7k
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Gabbygunz(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
How much does it cost?
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Memories12411: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thanks for this information. Is it applicable to students who have gotten admission in 2017/2018 academic session or is those who are looking for admission?
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by invigilator(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
Who else is tired of always scrolling past "observe the following rules" when trying to comment on a post, sad

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by aniblue(m): 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nice info
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Adebowale89(m): 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Gabbygunz:
How much does it cost?

2,500 for each correction you want to make and 1,000 CBT service fee #3,500
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by ONYEBUCHI93: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
Gabbygunz:
How much does it cost?

I think it costs only 2,500 naira
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by PrinceJoeWan(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
Pls has d portal for change/correction open or when r they opening it?
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Adebowale89(m): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
PrinceJoeWan:
Pls has d portal for change/correction open or when r they opening it?

is available since last week I guess
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by olan4ward: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
U can only effect Change of course and institution at the accredited CBT centres.U can no longer do it at cyber café.
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by emazy10(m): 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2018
Can we do change of course and change of institution at the same time for #2500
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by frankputer: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
All candidate that tempered with their profile(change of course or institution) last year where not admited , The CAP(central admission processor ) did not capture them hence over half of students were not admited , do not get your self into such trap until CAP is fully working. Moreover Most university do not accept you immediatly u change institution oor course(alter your original registration info)
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by frankputer: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
All candidate that tempered with their profile(change of course or institution) last year where not admited , The CAP(central admission processor ) did not capture them hence over half of students were not admited , do not get your self into such trap until CAP is fully working. Moreover Most university do not accept you immediatly u change institution oor course(alter your original registration info). Jamb eat people money last year and clean mouth.it was tereble, they even when to the extend to reduce cut off mark in order to lure more people into change of institution and course their by making more money and smiling to the Bank.
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by rookiy(m): 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Yoclan:
Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018

1. Not Scoring Up To Or More Than Jamb Cut Off Mark:
Every Jamb candidate usually have the dream of scoring above 300. However, this doesn’t work for everybody in reality. If you scored less than the general cut off mark for your school of choice, you will not be admitted.

On the other hand, If you score around the Jamb cut off mark, you may also not get admitted as a result of competition. This is a good reasons to change your course or school of choice.

2. Lost Of Interest In The Study Course Or Institution:
Some candidates say, “I don’t want to study in the University I chose earlier, in fact, I have lost interest in the choice of course I put in during Jamb registration.”

This could be that you never liked the school or your parents asked you to change the course. In addition, it could just be that you have a Jamb score that can take you to a better school.

3. You Made A Mistake When Filling Jamb Form And Subject Combinations:
So many persons reported to me that the wrong institution was chosen for them during registration.

For others, they had issues in their Jamb subject combinations and could not fix it when Jamb gave room for correction of details.

If this is your situation you may want to change to your desired institution. Change of course and institution form gives you room to  do this.

How To Do Jamb Change Of Institution/Course Of Choice For Jamb 2018
1. Visit jamb.org.ng/efacility/.

2. Use your Jamb profile email address and password to login in.

3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.

4. Select “Application for Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar or on the Home page

5. Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this and select the year you wrote Jamb, then enter your registration number to fetch your details.

6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.

7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.

8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.

9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.

10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.

11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number

12. After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.

13. Click Submit to complete your application.

14. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.

Credit: https://eduextra.org.ng/jamb-enables-portal-change-course-institution/
Remember no be everybody were go skool ,lo mo we ,
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by emmans1994: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
frankputer:
All candidate that tempered with their profile(change of course or institution) last year where not admited , The CAP(central admission processor ) did not capture them hence over half of students were not admited , do not get your self into such trap until CAP is fully working. Moreover Most university do not accept you immediatly u change institution oor course(alter your original registration info)
that's not true. A friend of mine who did COC last year was admitted, though it took time before the change reflected on her profile.
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by cocodante: 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thank you
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by STARKACE(m): 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Please when is it closing?
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by jonnyrichie(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
plz,,can i change my address and state of origin?
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Olablessinq2016: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
hmm

Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
Adebowale89:

is available since last week I guess
not yet out only 2017 is reflecting no 2018
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by fistonati(m): 2:05am On Mar 31, 2018
WHEN CAN THE STUDENTS DO THE CHANGE OF INSTITUTIONS, IS IT POSSIBLE NOW
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Adebowale89(m): 8:28am On Mar 31, 2018
Ayanshola337:
not yet out only 2017 is reflecting no 2018

it has been announced officially by jamb, if not for network my bro would ve change his course/institution on Friday

you better don't give wrong info because I read it was just for 2weeks

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Brabdy: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2018
The system is having network problem,

I guess U should wait after school

has close then check again.
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Xandermarvel(m): 10:28am On Mar 31, 2018
invigilator:
Who else is tired of always scrolling past "observe the following rules" when trying to comment on a post, sad
i am o:-(
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by ogmich(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2018
how Mani weeks e dy last?
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by tboy070(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
Good afternoon house please, I want to print jamb admission letter for 2014 but have challenges on jamb site is asking to create profile which I did but to complete d registration for the profile showing error that my mail is not valid. And the mail is much active both gmail & email. And valid information should please help me asap. Thanks
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
jonnyrichie:
plz,,can i change my address and state of origin?

[quote author=frankputer post=66295515]

Pls frankputer help out with this information
Re: Top 3 Reasons To Apply For Jamb Change Of Institution In 2018 by Ayobami7(m): 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Resumption Date Approved By The Federal Government For All Schools And Colla / Bingham University Announces Undergraduate Admission For 2023/2024 Session / Unilag Dli Screening Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.