Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (62318 Views)

Xenophobia: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Protested, Carried Placard In 2014 (Throwback) / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Celebrates His 52nd Birthday With His People On A Horse / Sheikh Adio Confronts Oluwo Of Iwo Akanbi: You Wanted To Have Sex With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
My King just dey cause controversy up and down, but his people like him. Make i call my grandma for the full gist. Oba swagger
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
If you believe Ilorin can change the Emir title without a war, you must be a joker

blazhykowskyi:

Another idiot. See my previous comments on this issue before disgracing yourself. It's on front page.

And I'm not a Muslim you fool!

I'm only dealing with tribalists that call themselves northern slaves.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Firgemachar: 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

So it's now about modern?

Dude give it up you are a low self-esteem dunce.

You are the dumbest person to ever quote me.

Are you a moronn

I gave you a list of modern day Yoruba words with Arabic/abooki origins to justify that Emir and Waziri are modern day Fulani words/titles albeit their Arabic origins, yet you are still scratching your feet on the ground like a fowl

What of the Oluwo himself declaring that he wants to be associated with abooki traditional rulers hence adopting their titles

Sugomu ni e!
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by blazhykowskyi(m): 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
If you believe Ilorin can change the Emir title without a war, you must be a joker

It's changing after this one bro.

Who and who is going to fight the war?
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by blazhykowskyi(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
Firgemachar:

Are you a moronn

I gave you a list of modern day Yoruba words with Arabic/abooki origins to justify that Emir and Waziri are modern day Fulani words/titles albeit their Arabic origins, yet you are still scratching your feet on the ground like a fowl

What of the Oluwo himself declaring that he wants to be associated with abooki traditional rulers hence adopting their titles

Sugomu ni e!

Arabic words become a modern day fulani word. What shall we not hear on this forum. When will English words become a modern day Hausa words?

Stop quoting me please.

You are very dull
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Firgemachar: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Arabic words become a modern day fulani word. What shall we not hear on this forum. When will English words become a modern day Hausa words?

Stop quoting me please.

You are very dull

Ode ni e!

Are adura, alejo, seriki, alubarika etc abooki/Arabic words
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by blazhykowskyi(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Firgemachar:

Ode ni e!

Are adura, alejo, seriki, alubarika etc abooki/Arabic words

The Yorubas had contact with the Arab traders before the fulani incursion into Nigeria. There are many Arabic words in Yoruba language. Your inferiority complex is making you see fulani in everything in your life including your inability to have a functional brain.

I lose a brain fibre each time you quote me with your moronic blab.

Now swerve.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by akoaki(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
ednut1:
Apart from eating from state resources wat exactly are these numerous monarchs useful for

Very intelligent question. Your head is correct. Political, religious and traditional leaders in Nigeria behave the same way. That explains why there is deadly poverty in the land. Imagine a serving governor dressed in agbada in his house dancing after a ludo game ; or a serving senator dancing all over town like a drunken tout, or the one singing around town like a parrot.
Shame on pastors and imams who preach to their congregation to always pray for Nigerian leaders. I'm not sure they deserve such prayers but curses.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
You are not a student of history, you don't EVER sell your birthright, read about the fulani subjugation of the Hausa's in the 1700-1800, read about the jihad on yoruba land, middle belt, Niger etc, study the Christian Seleka rebels in Central African Republic that are currently fighting muslim invaders, these people are not joking, once they are invited in they won't go. When was the last time you heard a pure Hausa(non arabic) name, same erosion of culture is happening in Yoruba land. Yoruba muslims live in this fantasy that all muslims are one, but the Fulani is a Fulani man first then a muslim, the Kurd is a Kurd, the Arab is an Arab, the sooner we realize that the better for all of us, remember when this fool initiated the fulani style flogging competition in Iwo?
Lastly the muslim prohphet mohammed was called mohammed before he became a muslim, its an arabic name not an Islamic name, same goes for Emir and Waziri, People spoke Arabic and installed kings before Islam, our Odua leaders have really failed us economically and culturally. It's really sad that this time it's not going to take a war but people voluntarily handing themselves over to people that already believe they are superior than us.

blazhykowskyi:

It's changing after this one bro.

Who and who is going to fight the war?

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Firgemachar: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

The Yorubas had contact with the Arab traders before the fulani incursion into Nigeria. There are many Arabic words in Yoruba language. Your inferiority complex is making you see fulani in everything in your life including your inability to have a functional brain.

I lose a brain fibre each time you quote me with your moronic blab.

Now swerve.

Atole! Are those words abooki/arabic words
Sachet, coup, revenue etc are these English words or not
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Eziokwu1: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
hitchowoyemi:

Mr acclaimed flat-head, bera say somfn else than display your ethno-religious bigotry. Yorubas are blessed across board. Leave us to worry about our problem while you worry about bringing back uncle Nnamdi KANU that has betrayed ur confidence sir. If the Iwo people accept this development, so be it, otherwise the king is on his own. Hi, Jagaband d-Igbo

Look at this cone head

looool

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by hitchowoyemi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Eziokwu1:

Look at this cone head

looool

Lool u need some Lego toys to while away your time? Send ur add for delivery lol. Gerarahia man. #team_unity #anti_separatism
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
Truthcat:
Wandering iddiot, why did fulani hoist grin flag in iboland? Why was iboland the first in the south to make land available for the herdsmen? Foool, I've told you there's nothing dumber than you, when Yoruba are talking about their problem, you need to get that your slimy mouth out of it and mind your gazillion problems facing you in iboland.
Slave,go and bow to your masters. Insult won't change that. Ntoor
Emirate son. grin grin

I will keep commenting. Find a gun and do what you have to. grin
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 5:14am On Apr 04, 2018
Ijaw, refugee son of ape, low life bottom eater,
shallysgirl:
Slave,go and bow to your masters. Insult won't change that. Ntoor
Emirate son. grin grin

I will keep commenting. Find a gun and do what you have to. grin
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 5:16am On Apr 04, 2018
Go and kill yourself over Yoruba problem.
TheKingIsHere:

You raised some valid points.

See the picture of the former oba of iwo now dressed like an emir sitting on yoruba ancestral royal chair.

This is the highest form of insult to the yorubas.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 5:57am On Apr 04, 2018
Pity your didinrin head and the life you are trying to leave behind for your children. Your prayer is stuck on you, all you iddiots need to be mowed down for a tree to be planted. Tell me, what is so civilized about being stupidd? Which other tribe or a people that is as stupid as you are?

Ode, where are you living like a king? You sound like a real living breathing slave, and can't be saved since everything is ok with you even if all your obas turn to emirs tomorrow. Argh! Dadandindin!!! It's because of people like me Yorubaland is not yet part of arewa, sugomu gbewudani.

Omo go, won ni ko ma sa ku, ki lo ma pa? Se kii se ego ni? Ego nii, because when others are safeguarding their lives and properties, you are playing civilized. And when others are preserving the future of their children, you are playing sophisticated. Useless self hating people.

You are the most selfish people on earth, without thought on what you are leaving behind. Ibos of the east don't sell land to non-indigenes, Hausa sell but make sure you don't leave there with peace of mind but Yoruba don't care if their future children become strangers in their own land.

You are already dead soul and body, just because you still swallow eba and working like a slave in your own country don't make you count among the living. I will grow old like true Yoruba patriot Awolowo, with all the Orisas behind me, and you will be long gone by then.

Whether you like it or not, war is coming to Nigeria and people like you will pleasantly be the first casualties, you will not be killed for being slaves and unprepared alone but for being foolish too, since you have used the time needed to prepare for war, to be mr civilized. And end up taking a knife (or in this case, your bare hand) to a gun fight.

blazhykowskyi:

I can only pity your messed up state of mind. I pray the evil you wish us comes back to your generation in many folds. People deal with issues here in a civilsed manner. The matter will be in court in a matter of days.

You may be living like a slave but I live like a king. You are a fool for comparing this to what happens in Ilorin. Even if all the Kings in Yorubaland become emirs, what difference does it make? Are they fulani as you have in Ilorin?

You will die untimely death for wish death on Yoruba land. Inferiority complex will kill you soon.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2018
Truthcat:
Ijaw, refugee son of ape, low life bottom eater,
emirate son, Weldone there.
Stop cussing. I know it's your culture, but you just need to stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
shallysgirl:

Ijaw is better than afonja. The Gods bless you .
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 1:09am On Apr 05, 2018
Sinkhole creeps, go and tell enugu men to come out of the bush, the herdsmen have gone.
shallysgirl:
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
Truthcat:
Sinkhole creeps, go and tell enugu men to come out of the bush, the herdsmen have gone.
omo waziri, have they resumed at Ondo secretariat? You cowboy masters are waiting.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 2:22am On Apr 06, 2018
Omo herdsmen, they are still in 3 of your 5
shallysgirl:
omo waziri, have they resumed at Ondo secretariat? You cowboy masters are waiting.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
Truthcat:
Omo herdsmen, they are still in 3 of your 5
But at least we don't have an emir or a waziri grin

Now,go figure who are the real slaves. Next time, think before you use the word slaves.
In my locality, I have never seen a mosque.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 4:17am On Apr 07, 2018
You are not useful to yourself or anyone in Nigeria, so who want dash goats emir?

You are not only slaves, but a dead ones with graveyard region to go with it.

shallysgirl:
But at least we don't have an emir or a waziri grin

Now,go figure who are the real slaves. Next time, think before you use the word slaves.
In my locality, I have never seen a mosque.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 8:19am On Apr 07, 2018
Truthcat:
You are not useful to yourself or anyone in Nigeria, so who want dash goats emir?

You are not only slaves, but a dead ones with graveyard region to go with it.

emir's boy, say me well to the emir and not to forget that fulani waziri of yorubaland and while at that take a 5x a day headslam so you can splash more of your brain matter.
Your comment above is trash. This is the 21st century. We walk with realities on ground. Well I know as a headslammer, you are still stuck in the 16th century... 1518 tongue
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by RisMas(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
Eziokwu1:

headslamming conquered Ilorin man, how far?
You no dey shame?

oloriburuku omo yibooooo, Im sure you just finished closing ya eyes, epileptically shaking your heads and clapping ya hands while ya pastor scam you in the name of tithe.

Atleast, Im slamming my head without being scammed by fellow human? Now, tell me why you arent stup1d undecided undecided
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 4:04am On Apr 10, 2018
Lunatic, Yoruba are doing what they want and you ground eaters are worried, can you see that, there's no dignity left in your lineage?

Everything Yoruba do affect your life, while you are irrelevant oaf. Why not pray to be the tribe others are obsessed with rather than be following Yoruba around.
shallysgirl:
emir's boy, say me well to the emir and not to forget that fulani waziri of yorubaland and while at that take a 5x a day headslam so you can splash more of your brain matter.
Your comment above is trash. This is the 21st century. We walk with realities on ground. Well I know as a headslammer, you are still stuck in the 16th century... 1518 tongue
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2018
Truthcat:
Lunatic, Yoruba are doing what they want and you ground eaters are worried, can you see that, there's no dignity left in your lineage?

Everything Yoruba do affect your life, while you are irrelevant oaf. Why not pray to be the tribe others are obsessed with rather than be following Yoruba around.
I have no business with Yorubas.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 7:59am On Apr 10, 2018
Truthcat:

I have no business with Yorubas. You are the ones who keep mentioning Igbos, Biafra, ipob..... With every breath.
Even something happened in katsina and one yoruba slowpoke started mentioning ipob and igbos. Finally I confirmed there is an obsession.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 9:24am On Apr 10, 2018
This is why I say you are sick.

What's my business with ipob if they they don't mention Yoruba? You are just projecting forward what you are guilty of. You and your people are totally irrelevant to Yoruba, even a blind man can see your obsession with Yoruba.

You ibos can't survive one day without bringing Yoruba to the remotest story that has nothing to do with any tribe. You just can't survive a single day without bringing Yoruba to any topic, people can see that here. So first search yourself before you play blame game and put a spin on your obsession with Yoruba, you are so guilty.
shallysgirl:
I have no business with Yorubas. You are the ones who keep mentioning Igbos, Biafra, ipob..... With every breath.
Even something happened in katsina and one yoruba slowpoke started mentioning ipob and igbos. Finally I confirmed there is an obsession.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 9:30am On Apr 10, 2018
I have no business with ibos too.
shallysgirl:
I have no business with Yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists / Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Oba Aruna Ishola: "Any Oba Who Sees Me Will Die"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.