Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (87977 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Emaimo: 4:31am On May 14, 2018
Good morning house, please does ptdf re-emboss T-fare after the interview? Thanks
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by cyborg123(m): 7:51am On May 14, 2018
Emaimo:
Good morning house, please does ptdf re-emboss T-fare after the interview? Thanks
NO

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by bb12008: 8:53am On May 14, 2018
I wondered why the interviews for F/G/C scholarships did not take into consideration of membership of professional bodies which is one of their advertised selection criteria , rather they focused on publications and awards . Though, I don't know if their targets are research-oriented candidates or professional masters that would be useful in Industries. How many MSc candidates would have publications, even those in academics do not have . They ought to use aptitude test (to regularize academic proficiency),SOP, Award, Publication, Professional certificate, Interview to test candidates intelligence . Professional membership might not be necessary if the focus is research postgraduate studies, otherwise, it ought to be used to fulfill PTDF mandate of training professionals for oil & gas.
This is an observation.

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by madridsta007(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the contact number for the interview consultants working for PTDF? My younger brother needs to urgently see if he can move his.

Thank you.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by meetanwo(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2018
You're right but like you said, it's obvious their focus is on research. In fact one of the parameters for recommending an applicant for sponsorship is if your proposed area of study is researchable.

bb12008:
I wondered why the interviews for F/G/C scholarships did not take into consideration of membership of professional bodies which is one of their advertised selection criteria , rather they focused on publications and awards . Though, I don't know if their targets are research-oriented candidates or professional masters that would be useful in Industries. How many MSc candidates would have publications, even those in academics do not have . They ought to use aptitude test (to regularize academic proficiency),SOP, Award, Publication, Professional certificate, Interview to test candidates intelligence . Professional membership might not be necessary if the focus is research postgraduate studies, otherwise, it ought to be used to fulfill PTDF mandate of training professionals for oil & gas.
This is an observation.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by AlphaPen(m): 7:34pm On May 14, 2018
Hello ambitious youths.
I did mine today at UI. It was for MSc.

I was ushered in and told to submit all my docs. There was a four-man panel and I was seated at the center, making us form some sort of semi-circle.

It was intense I must say. I was bombarded with questions from every corner but I was prepared. My deduction is that, they just wanted to test my readiness. If you wrote your SOP yourself and it's relevant to the Oil sector, you will be fine.

That was my experience.

However, I found out from other applicants that they were interviewed by a two-man panel, in the same UI. They even said it was more of a chat or rendezvous.

Imagine the contrast as against my experience. So, it boils down to grace. Pray and be ready.

And remember, whatever is meant for you will never pass you by.

Best wishes fam.

Let's meet at the top.

#BlessUp

2 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by kuchikau1: 8:13pm On May 14, 2018
HomeTutor1:
Please I am still expecting a call or text message(my phone will soon go off, No light here). I will call you once I reveived your message sir. 09026721269
...hello!...ur line isnt going tru.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by AlphaPen(m): 8:36am On May 15, 2018
Somebody asked for the specific questions I was asked in the other group, so I thought to share my reply.

I thought my earlier post captured everything 'cos it was all about the SOP.

"The questions were about the SOP.

The relevance of your MSc to the oil and gas industry.

How your Msc would contribute to your career goals.

What you intend to do after your Msc.

Why you want to do the Msc.

They are all essential things the SOP covers, they just want to be sure you wrote it and know what you are doing.

Best wishes."
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by meetanwo(m): 8:37pm On May 15, 2018
Those disseminating news about Germany applicants being contacted, what is your source of information because I'm yet to see that on PTDF Facebook Page and no testimonials on this forum. If there are, let's have them here please
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by boay(m): 8:48pm On May 15, 2018
Pls has anyone been interviewed at ABU?/please share your experience
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 15, 2018
Pls is it true DAT ptdf will release both d list of f/g/c and UK by d end of may?
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by barrack04: 10:27pm On May 15, 2018
During the FGC interview, after interviewing a friend of mine, he asked when we should expect feedback and the panelist said MAY ending. So its possible FGC scholars get an update by then.

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Impactever(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2018
MY EXPERIENCE AT UI YESTERDAY ( TUESDAY 15TH) (MSc UK)

MY OWN CASE WAS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS WITHIN THE SAME UI. (UI used 3 panels today)

From my own personal experience , the interview has no standard pathern .....you could be asked anything .......

below are my experience today at UI, IBADAN (Msc) .....

1. after i introduced myself .....immediately they learnt i was from the EAST ( IGBO ORIGIN) , they waited for like 2 mins and started murmoring to each other in Hausa language ....(All of the 5 persons that made up the panel were Hausas).

2. i was not asked a single question from my SOP ....they didnt even open it ....nor cared about it.

3. All the questions i was asked were deep, tough and technical (Civil engineering questions ) my 1st degree course .
( one of them is a Prof of Civil Engineering ) ....NOTE : THIS IS OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THE INTERVIEW....recall that from the invitation letter, we were only told to make a presentation of our Statement of Purpose .......This is very unfair to me .

4. i was asked up to 10 questions ......and my interview lasted up to 25min . ( while others were asked barely 2 questions from their SOP ...with a max interview duration of 4min)

5. I was asked several questions about my projecf work .....and when i explained the title and summary to them......they nullified it ...simply because it was not an oil and gas related project topic .....despite how best i tried to convince them ...that it was just an undergraduate project ..and must not be oil and gas related.

6. i was even given some tough and complex calculations to do (structural analysis of indeterminate structures.....and i was not even allowed to solve , i was told to produce the answer without solving ......which was practically impossible ......i told them the steps to solve it ....they nullified it...insisting i must produce the answer.

7. And one of them kept shouting "you dont even have any publication ".......( i didnt know when it became a compulsory for an undergraduate to have research publications)

8. And two others kept asking "what state are you from ".......

9. And while i was trying to tell them the impact of my proposed course of study in the UK to the Nigeria's Oil and Gas sector......one of them immediately instructed me to leave the room ....with his sqeezed face.

MY CONCLUSION : PTDF is dominated by the Northerners and they are BITTERLY BIASED .....they seems to appear harsh on some persons from a particular part of the country .

Using a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST to assess everyone would have been fair to all the applicants and not this Biased method of interview where some are barely asked 1 simple and funny question in PANEL (1) and some others in PANEL (2) OR (3) within the same Centre will be bombarded with very rigorous questions that is outside the context of the interview ... this is NOT a reliable and transparent method of selecting the Best. i believe all candidates should be given equal opportunities and assessment.

This is one of the major reason why Nigeria is a failed state..........NEPOTISM AND TRIBALISM .....

4 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by bb12008: 10:40am On May 16, 2018
Definitely your state quota will be selected. And you thought like that, you might be selected. It would have better to conduct Aptitude test to regularize all candidates in respect of 2.1 or 1. Then interview high-scoring candidates with the relevancy of the proposed study in Oil& Gas which is mandate of PTDF.

Impactever:

MY OWN CASE WAS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS WITHIN THE SAME UI. (UI used 3 panels today)

From my own personal experience , the interview has no standard pathern .....you could be asked anything .......

1. after i introduced myself .....immediately they learnt i was from the EAST ( IGBO ORIGIN) , they waited for like 2 mins and started murmoring to each other in Hausa language ....(All of the 5 persons that made up the panel were Hausas).

2. i was not asked a single question from my SOP ....they didnt even open it ....nor cared about it.

3. All the questions i was asked were deep, tough and technical (Civil engineering questions ) my 1st degree course .
( one of them is a Prof of Civil Engineering ) ....NOTE : THIS IS OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THE INTERVIEW....recall that from the invitation letter, we were only told to make a presentation of our Statement of Purpose .......This is very unfair to me .

4. i was asked up to 10 questions ......and my interview lasted up to 25min . ( while others were asked barely 2 questions from their SOP ...with a max interview duration of 4min)

5. I was asked several questions about my projecf work .....and when i explained the title and summary to them......they nullified it ...simply because it was not an oil and gas related project topic .....despite how best i tried to convince them ...that it was just an undergraduate project ..and must not be oil and gas related.

6. i was even given some tough and complex calculations to do (structural analysis of indeterminate structures.....and i was not even allowed to solve , i was told to produce the answer without solving ......which was practically impossible ......i told them the steps to solve it ....they nullified it...insisting i must produce the answer.

7. And one of them kept shouting "you dont even have any publication ".......( i didnt know when it became a compulsory for an undergraduate to have research publications)

9. And while i was trying to tell them the impact of my proposed course of study in the UK to the Nigeria's Oil and Gas sector......one of them immediately instructed me to leave the room ....with his sqeezed face.

MY CONCLUSION : PTDF is dominated by the Northerners and they are BITTERLY BIASED .....they seems to appear harsh on some persons from a particular part of the country .

Using a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST to assess everyone would have been fair to all the applicants and not this Biased method of interview where some are barely asked 1 simple and funny question in PANEL (1) and some others in PANEL (2) OR (3) within the same Centre will be bombarded with very rigorous questions that is outside the context of the interview ... this is NOT a reliable and transparent method of selecting the Best. i believe all candidates should be given equal opportunities and assessment.

This is one of the major reason why Nigeria is a failed state..........NEPOTISM AND TRIBALISM .....

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Nobody: 10:48am On May 16, 2018
Impactever:

I understand your plight and trust me it's so unfair. God strengthen you brother.

However, this is for Civil Engineers to note that your course is relevant to oil and gas if and only if you focus on DRILLING ENGINEERING with respect to CEMENTING. This is will assist you.

God bless you bro and stay motivated
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by bb12008: 12:51pm On May 16, 2018
This is not about relevant of course to oil and gas. If you are able to defend your proposed study , you will be picked . Civil engineers are also relevant in oil sector. Before u were selected , your course of study must have been relevant, why selecting candidates if their courses are not relevant?
How many PTDF scholars work in Oil & Gas companies after their studies, many find their ways . That is area PTDF needs to do more, after graduation, what structure does PTDF have to draw the awardees back to work in Nigerian oil and gas sector.

datascience:

I understand your plight and trust me it's so unfair. God strengthen you brother.

However, this is for Civil Engineers to note that your course is relevant to oil and gas if and only if you focus on DRILLING ENGINEERING with respect to CEMENTING. This is will assist you.

God bless you bro and stay motivated
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 16, 2018
[quote author=bb12008 post=67610227]This is not about relevant of course to oil and gas. If you are able to defend your proposed study , you will be picked . Civil engineers are also relevant in oil sector. Before u were selected , your course of study must have been relevant, why selecting candidates if their courses are not relevant?
How many PTDF scholars work in Oil & Gas companies after their studies, many find their ways . That is area PTDF needs to do more, after graduation, what structure does PTDF have to draw the awardees back to work in Nigerian oil and gas sector.

Sorry. Wish you the best
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by MaroCruz(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2018
Impactever:

( one of them is a Prof of Civil Engineering ) ....NOTE : THIS IS OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THE INTERVIEW....recall that from the invitation letter, we were only told to make a presentation of our Statement of Purpose .......This is very unfair to me................

Sorry about your experience, Don't stress it. You probably don't know how this things work that's why you're shocked. PTDF is dominated by Northerners as NDDC is by southerners.

That aside the scholarships are very crooked and dubious even for the Northern indigenes. I heard of someone who didn't get his stipends during his 1 year masters and received his alert when he was already in Nigeria.

Others can remain hopeful tho, but for people that know how government institutions operate, you'll know that there are lots of peeps hustling to get this award since last year, so they'll end up selecting just few of the applicants. So don't put your hopes on a Nigerian government scholarship please, search this nairaland and you'll see stories of past awardees that were left stranded.

Shalom
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by CSmooth: 3:04pm On May 16, 2018
Please, was any lawyer shortlisted for the PTDF UK masters scholarship?
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by pricelessjosy: 3:25pm On May 16, 2018
Impactever:

Dont be discouraged, you can still be selected because every state has their own Quota! pray you are among the best in your state.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by ugonwa2003: 11:13am On May 17, 2018
Please, was any lawyer shortlisted for the Ptdf UK masters scholarship? Was any one above 35 years shortlisted for masters?
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by CSmooth: 2:21pm On May 17, 2018
ugonwa2003:
Please, was any lawyer shortlisted for the Ptdf UK masters scholarship? Was any one above 35 years shortlisted for masters?

I don't think PTDF is accepting lawyers for the UK scholarship this year, I'm yet to hear of any lawyer that was shortlisted
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by yakbauer: 5:18pm On May 17, 2018
Saw this on Twitter

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by DMainMan: 8:38pm On May 17, 2018
yakbauer:
Saw this on Twitter

I already said this with certainty long before that the strategic partnership is a free tuition scholarship and PTDF will just spend only living allowances, therefore, saving costs.

PTDF will still need the strategic partners to accept the people who they recommend. So just because u received a mail as regards Germany doesn't mean u should start celebrating. If u don't meet what the partners require, u will be removed.

The UK Scholarship is controlled solely by PTDF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Time2reign: 7:45am On May 18, 2018
DMainMan:

I already said this with certainty long before that the strategic partnership is a free tuition scholarship and PTDF will just spend only living allowances, therefore, saving costs.

PTDF will still need the strategic partners to accept the people who they recommend. So just because u received a mail as regards Germany doesn't mean u should start celebrating. If u don't meet what the partners require, u will be removed.

The UK Scholarship is controlled solely by PTDF.

DMainMan,

No one is refuting the fact that you said strategic partnership PTDF entered are with free tuition schools.

But let me bring to your notice that not all the schools under the F/G/C scheme are tuition free. An example is IFP france. you can check that out.

But for Germany... its university are tuition free schools under the DAAD scholarship and for China, you get sponsored by CSC.

Should you know anything about france, I would love to hear it from you. I respect your kind assistance here and may God continually bless you

2 Likes

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by DMainMan: 8:16am On May 18, 2018
Time2reign:

DMainMan,

No one is refuting the fact that you said strategic partnership PTDF entered are with free tuition schools.

But let me bring to your notice that not all the schools under the F/G/C scheme are tuition free. An example is IFP france. you can check that out.

But for Germany... its university are tuition free schools under the DAAD scholarship and for China, you get sponsored by CSC.

Should you know anything about france, I would love to hear it from you. I respect your kind assistance here and may God continually bless you
U are right. It is for dose in d other thread. Some of them were mocking me after telling dem about d tuition free school stuff

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by yakbauer: 9:59am On May 18, 2018
DMainMan:

U are right. It is for dose in d other thread. Some of them were mocking me after telling dem about d tuition free school stuff
Egbon, you're doing a great job, just keep it up, don't bother responding to ppl posts if it's not a reasonable question, I've always known F/G/C was intended to focus on tuition free schools to cut costs, that's how FSB BEA scholarship works, it's just normal to relate it to that of PTDF.
Abeg we dey wait for ur "post interview revelation"
Sannu da aiki �

1 Like

Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by Ahyjo: 10:32am On May 18, 2018
The tension on these streets right now is PALPABLE and the silence so disarming. It’ll be fine fellas. God has our backs. smiley wink smiley
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by iretex1(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2018
If I'm clear with the recent post, it means some persons have been contacted for the France, Germany and China programs after the interviews held last month
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by barrack04: 1:20pm On May 18, 2018
No, those who choose France hasn't been contacted. I got to know that from here that Germany and China have been contacted because of DAAD.
Re: 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants by scarplanet(m): 1:46pm On May 18, 2018
barrack04:
No, those who choose France hasn't been contacted. I got to know that from here that Germany and China have been contacted because of DAAD.

What has DAAD got to do with China!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools / (NECO GCE 2010 TIMETABLE ) and Online Registration get update here / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.