Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (81679 Views)

‘Queen Firdaus Of Iwoland’, Oluwo Unveils New Wife (Pictures) / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Dressed Casually To An Official Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by solidman59(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
Hian! Someone asked a question because he wants to learn and you respond by calling him ignorant. But you still did not answer the question. Try again.

Bro plenty fools de Nairaland
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by henrysam(m): 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
Is this not that king that wore crown on suit the other time. The resultant effect of putting a yahoo boy on the throne. The king makers must have collected so much money. Now they are seriously in for big shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by NairaMaster1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway!

I S L A M A B A D Pakistan.

You're have put the when world in danger.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Adebowale89(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
fk001:

He is a Yoruba Muslim.

even at that, no sane Yoruba Muslim will applaud such, the Ilorin who are majorly still regret till today having emir

what's emir inclusion in Yoruba culture if a Yoruba whether Muslim, Christian or traditionalist applaud the word emir which was not culturally documented ?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ariesbull: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
These guys Sabi fall their hands shaaa

Black man leaving his culture and ways for Arabic dressing and title
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Captain8(m): 4:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
fk001:

He is a Yoruba Muslim.

abeg dat iwo land need cleasing because of dis abomination, my advice is hang de king to death and cut off his head nd use his blood to wash de throne and de streets and fast for 7 days
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by fk001(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Captain8:
abeg dat iwo land need cleasing because of dis abomination, my advice is hang de king to death and cut off his head nd use his blood to wash de throne and de streets and fast for 7 days

cheesy lol the problem is 98% of Iwo people love their king
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by fk001(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Captain8:

cheesy lol the problem is 98% of Iwo people love their king.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
ballerin:
This is a very grave offence subject to death by hanging. How dare he. Iwo is never an islamic emirate. Won gbodo shigba fun bobo yini, he mustn't be allowed to get away with this sacrilege

Back in the days that monkey emir would be bound and dragged by the youths in front of the Illedi, tried and beheaded in the public square.

Sacrilege of the highest order!

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by mtngloetiartel: 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
If a Christian should one day ascend that throne, what would be his title?
pope
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Captain8(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

out of all, u ar de real morron i av met, u cant giv a good judjment because u were born in 5-6 months time
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by samfibby(m): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:
Everyone should calm down, but where is the tolerance? What have the yorubas Oba done to improve the life of their subjects? Yoruba Christians don't care about us Muslim. They are quick to condemn yourba Muslim. I'm a Muslim and I believe he's doing what's right. If you attended his lecture at NYSC Ede camp, you will know what kinda of person he's. He's a visionary, intelligent and creative person.

I once listened to him at a particular occasion he chaired. Initially, i bought into all his ideas and ideology until he started making statements taht clearly exposed who he really is. Though progressive in thinking,but too much in a haste to do away with a tradition that dates over ten centuries. In my little wisdom, i was able to understand that this monarch prioritized other system and beliefs than his but the same time claiming to hold on to his tradition.

Conclusion. It is clear he is having identity crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
This Oba, is the most confused Oba of all time.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ibelieveu: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

clap for yourself. Arab defender.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by wingmanII: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
fk001:

Emir of Jos is a Christian and he takes the title "Emir"

There are a lot of kings from Christian minorities tribes in the North with the title "Emir"

But what the Emir of Osun did was uncalled, to be honest is a slap on Yoruba face

Never heard of emir of Jos. They have Bongwam Jos or something of that nature.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by undisputed25(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=Basic123 post=66335248]

So why can't you just insult him alone rather than insulting the whole Christian cos you didn't support someone's believe. May ur Allah heal you from your ignorant too.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by olayi1992: 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

I wonder how you think
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
fk001:

Emir of Jos is a Christian and he takes the title "Emir"

There are a lot of kings from Christian minorities tribes in the North with the title "Emir"

But what the Emir of Osun did was uncalled, to be honest is a slap on Yoruba face
Taa, liar! He's not called emir of Jos. He's called "his royal majesty (HRM), Gbom Gwom Jos".

3 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Gaddafiyusf(m): 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
If a Christian should one day ascend that throne, what would be his title?

Sir Ahmadu bello,was he a pastor
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by zoedew: 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
Mandeyy:
U're d ignorant one. He asked d right question. Kingship in Yorubaland is liberal. U don't have to be a muslim or christian to be a king in Yoruba. That's to say, it's not specifically made for muslims alone, and now that he has taken the title of emir, what will be d title when he dies, and anoda person (probably a christian or an atheist) becomes d new king. What can u say about this?
It remains to be seen whether the incumbent will make it to dying on the throne!
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Igweann979(f): 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
What to you expect from a nation where everything is awkward; not surprised anyway
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
fk001:

That is their local title just like "Mai Borno" "Lamido of Adamawa" "Sultan of sokoto" and many more.

But they are all called emirs in general.

The first picture is the emir of jos

Second picture Mai Borno

Can you identify the similarities?

Bro, the King of Jos is not called an emir, no matter how u twisted it. Haba!
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by RexTramadol1: 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
Oba b lyk, m sitn on d throne

mi o ba M.I jadu chairman.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
madridguy:
Welcome development.
If A Traditionalist Or Christian Ascend D Throne What Will They Call D Throne,i Wish Osun State Government Withdraw His Certificate,n Declare Him Illegal.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by farem: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

Must he go Arabic or Palestinian to prove he is a king or leader, Mr know-all Antichristian ?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Malawian(m): 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
Adebowale89:

just discover you're a northerner, no wonder no matter how wrong buhari was, you always support him

educated or not, you northerners are the same
Is he actually a Northerner? If so, he really had me fooled. I could have sworn i could tell a Yorubaman apart from a Northerner.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
undecided
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:

Sir Ahmadu bello,was he a pastor
Knighthood is not kingship. Anybody can be knighted whether u're a muslim or a christian.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Dreydoe(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emir.oba.. Same noni

His kingdom in his mind..his rules in his mind.. Who cares..

No news here
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Jaqenhghar: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

He is asking a question and you are already calling him names.
SMH
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Olabenjamen22(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emtol01:
A Christian cannot ascend that throne because Iwo is 98% Muslim.

Really? You Muslim are good in lieing. Well evidence please.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by PierreDeFermath(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
EMIR = AMIR which means leader,I don't see anything wrong in him referring to himself as a leader.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife / Late Alaafin’s Wives Show Off New Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.