Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss (3030 Views)

The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / 2020 Hyundai Sonata Unveiled – Photos, Details And Price / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 11:55am On Apr 01, 2018
Good day, people
This problem started when it was noticed that the engine oil light came on, it was weird cuz oil changed last year December or so.,
Added a liter to the engine, then took it to be changed [oil] while going there... It started this problem, if you crank the car on... It won't hold poor... It starts but doesn't hold power.
Took it to mechanic, not his work.
Took it to a renowned electrician, using his diagnostic tools... He said it's the crankshaft sensor... We have changed the sensor and still the same issue still prevail.
Please help !
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by mayor2013: 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Every one owns a diagnostic tool ranging from different functionality but not everyone knows how to use one. What was the scan result for this scan carried out. Answer these questions

1) does the oil light flickers when driving

2) does it stay permanently on when driving

3) does the light come up on first igntion

4) when you say can't hold power do you hear any unusual sound when driving?

I hope it's not worth am thinking
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 2:09am On Apr 02, 2018
mayor2013:
Every one owns a diagnostic tool ranging from different functionality but not everyone knows how to use one. What was the scan result for this scan carried out. Answer these questions

1) does the oil light flickers when driving

2) does it stay permanently on when driving

3) does the light come up on first igntion

4) when you say can't hold power do you hear any unusual sound when driving?

I hope it's not worth am thinking

1. It's comes and goes before changing the oil.. Now I don't see it again cuz it barely can be driven.
2. No
3. Yea
4. It's hard to be driven barely notice no light
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by mayor2013: 2:22am On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

1. It's comes and goes before changing the oil.. Now I don't see it again cuz it barely can be driven.
2. No
3. Yea
4. It's hard to be driven barely notice no light

What do you mean by it's hard to be driven. Are you saying car can barely move
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 10:22am On Apr 02, 2018
mayor2013:

What do you mean by it's hard to be driven. Are you saying car can barely move

It doesn't hold power... If you start the car... It will go off or else you lr leg is on the accelerator.
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by autologic: 11:59am On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

It doesn't hold power... If you start the car... It will go off or else you lr leg is on the accelerator.
Location of the ride ?
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by mayor2013: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

Where is your location
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
mayor2013:

Where is your location

Enugu
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by Bsideboi(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:
Good day, people
This problem started when it was noticed that the engine oil light came on, it was weird cuz oil changed last year December or so.,
Added a liter to the engine, then took it to be changed [oil] while going there... It started this problem, if you crank the car on... It won't hold poor... It starts but doesn't hold power.
Took it to a renowned electrician, using his diagnostic tools... He said it's the crankshaft sensor... We have changed the sensor and still the same issue still prevail.
Please help !
If you are in Lagos,pay us a visit at Ikeja.We are an Hyundai Dealership.. we'll use the authorised scanner (GDS) on your car.We'll diagnose you vehicle for a token.Cheers
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
Bsideboi:
If you are in Lagos,pay us a visit at Ikeja.We are an Hyundai Dealership.. we'll use the authorised scanner (GDS) on your car.We'll diagnose you vehicle for a token.Cheers

oga he said enugu, haba
should he tow the vehicle to Lagos ?

show ur expertise here by resolving daunting issues like this remotely! u can also suggest a known techie around his area!

1 Like

Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
cc gazzuzz, timifakay.

as for me and my household.... we Neva touch Toyota finish...
but u. need to scan vehicle

if u can get to abakaliki... I'd give u a free scan. but chill first let oga dem arrive
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:
Good day, people
Please help !

your engine has a sludge problem.
currently your timing settings are stuck in a retarded position.

Clogged VVTI solenoids and oil passges.

I might be wrong, but that's where I'll look first.

1 Like

Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Something like this was said by the mechanic... So, what's the way forward? Boss
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

Something like this was said by the mechanic... So, what's the way forward? Boss

no mind the autocorrect I typed RETARDEO position it showed slow

Way forward? Confirm that what I said is correct.
Open valve cover and take a look inside engine wink
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

no mind the autocorrect I typed RETARDEO position it showed slow

Way forward? Confirm that what I said is correct.
Open valve cover and take a look inside engine wink

You are correct... Mechanic complained of this when changing the oil.
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

the engine is bleeped up sir. sad

Try this

Drain engine oil.

Pour 4 liters of diesel (yes I said diesel) pour it into where there should be engine oil.

Start the engine, leave it to run for 10mins idling.

After 10mins drain diesel, open oil pan, clean the filter, open VVTI solenoids (if dual open both) clean strainers. Replace oil filter.

Pour fresh oil and use car.

Repeat these steps like 2-3times withing 5days.

Upsides, it might work

Down sides, it might start smoking.
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

this is y he is gazuzz... u for don begin price towing van now
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Try this

Drain engine oil.

Pour 4 liters of diesel (yes I said diesel) pour it into where there should be engine oil.

After 10mins drain diesel, open oil pan, clean the filter, open VVTI solenoids (if dual open both) clean strainers. Replace oil filter.

Upsides, it might work

Oh my!
Thank u
I will try that... Any other thing that can be done?
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
winzy:

Oh my!
Thank u
I will try that... Any other thing that can be done?

undecided replace engine cheesy
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by Bsideboi(m): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

oga he said enugu, haba
should he tow the vehicle to Lagos ?

show ur expertise here by resolving daunting issues like this remotely! u can also suggest a known techie around his area!
I didn't see the Enugu part.
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
Bsideboi:
I didn't see the Enugu part.
OK uwc
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

undecided replace engine cheesy
Lol
I expected this
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by empron(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Respect bro,your analysis and diagnostics precision always right ,this what i called experience,Op follow his advice.
i had similar issues with my client"s car(hyundai tuscon 2014 )last year,until will open the engine and saw oil sludge after we rectify it.The car behave perfect.

1 Like

Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
empron:

Respect bro,your analysis and diagnostics precision always right ,this what i called experience,Op follow his advice.
i had similar issues with my client"s car(hyundai tuscon 2014 )last year,until will open the engine and saw oil sludge after we rectify it.The car behave perfect.
nah, not always.... sometimes he goofs but the way he handles it.... haters sef go vexsay Im goof cos im go con turn things around... goof go con deyhungry boiz.... cos it shows level of maturity and humility...

I dont just understand weda na the origin wey deh affect im eye sight and understanding..... Goldberg works too.... but I dunno what others are taking that's not allowing them do same

na to begin drink origin
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

nah, not always.... sometimes he goofs but the way he handles it.... haters sef go vexsay Im goof cos im go con turn things around... goof go con deyhungry boiz.... cos it shows level of maturity and humility...

I dont just understand weda na the origin wey deh affect im eye sight and understanding..... Goldberg works too.... but I dunno what others are taking that's not allowing them do same

na to begin drink origin

Been on water since Jan 1st 2018.
Continues till 31st Dec 2018 then we evaluate and decide if it was beneficial or if there is a buildup of sludge wink
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by AutoElectNG: 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Try this

Drain engine oil.

Upsides, it might work

What do you say about adding ATF to the engine oil because of its detergent capabilities?

Some people swear by it.
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
AutoElectNG:

What do you say about adding ATF to the engine oil because of its detergent capabilities?

Some people swear by it.

Let me read up this new method,
will be back.....
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by thebigkendo(m): 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Been on water since Jan 1st 2018.
Continues till 31st Dec 2018 then we evaluate and decide if it was beneficial or if there is a buildup of sludge wink

Carshopper come & confirm grin grin
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by Carshopper(m): 5:11am On Apr 03, 2018
thebigkendo:

Carshopper come & confirm grin grin

Confirm
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Please my ogas.
This sensor was removed from the car and the mechanic is calling an exorbitant amount for it. He said that he changed up to 3 or more of it.... I think the guy has been ripping me off, please help me... No money oo.

My questions are:
How much is it? Each of em.

How many are they in a hyundai sonata engine?

And what's the name?

Please help a brother oo.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2018
winzy:

Please my ogas.
This sensor was removed from the car and the mechanic is calling an exorbitant amount for it. He said that he changed up to 3 or more of it.... I think the guy has been ripping me off, please help me... No money oo.

My questions are:
How much is it? Each of em.

How many are they in a hyundai sonata engine?

And what's the name?

Please help a brother oo.
Thanks in advance.

how much u de take find am? grin
Re: Help With 2013 Hyundai Sonata Plsssss by winzy(m): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

how much u de take find am? grin

How much? He just changed it and got it to me... That he changed some more if it?
What's the name and price? Help a brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Toyota Diagonistic/repair Centre In Port Harcourt / Frsc Tried 63 Drivers Records 90 Offence In Plateau State / Xtreme Fuel Treatment. Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.