Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (37594 Views)

Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off / “I Never Said I Am Changing From Oba To Emir” – Oluwo Of Iwoland / I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by 1Sharon(f): 4:00am On Apr 02, 2018
JikanBaura:
Allah yaja zamanin emir cheesy

Ewu hausa

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by discusant: 4:16am On Apr 02, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/i-havent-adopted-the-title-of-an-emir-oluwo-of-iwo-says/amp/
According to him, core Hausa cannot call him Oba but Emir.

Yet he hopes for integration of Nigeria

Anyway, foolishness dey your lineage - even before the Alimi and Afonja era.

Neither here nor there is in your DNA even before oyibo touch foot in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:29am On Apr 02, 2018
top4:
I don't see anything bad in what the oluwo deed even if addressed himself as emir because emir is just another language meaning oba. so another tribes living here can address as such nothing wrong with that.

shut your mouth!

Will any islamic fulani ruler call himself Oba? Slave mentality is embedded in you fellows. you will never learn.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by drealzum(m): 5:42am On Apr 02, 2018
How can you change the name of your title because strangers can't pronounce it?
The king of Jos and all Beroms is referred to as the 'Gbon gwom Jos'. How many outsiders can pronounce that name?
So should we say because you can't pronounce it, we should adopt the name Emir, oba or Eze to please you?

5 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by musa234(m): 5:42am On Apr 02, 2018
top4:
I don't see anything bad in what the oluwo deed even if addressed himself as emir because emir is just another language meaning oba. so another tribes living here can address as such nothing wrong with that.
This is very wrong mr man and it can never happen in the north, an oba has to lead and others follow, you can't throway the Yoruba culture just like that by dressing like an emir, I'm a northerner and I know what it means to portray ones culture, this can never happen in the north, it only shows that the Yorubas follow the footsteps of the Hausa and Fulani. They always follow our footsteps

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 6:09am On Apr 02, 2018
top4:

So there is nothing wrong when a yoruba Oba dresses like a Northern Emir instead of promoting the yoruba dressing, culture and heritage?

So you see nothing wrong with this dressing in the pictures below? Yorubas are really funny people.

We are in serious trouble in this country as people dont know their culture and heritage!!!

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 6:12am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

shut your mouth!

Will any islamic fulani ruler call himself Oba? Slave mentality is embedded in you fellows. you will never learn.

I am telling you. These guys are truely slaves.

Imagine one yoruba clown saying he sees nothing wrong.

And this Oba/Emir is meant to be a first class Oba. grin grin

This is a big slap to culture and tradition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 02, 2018

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by TheKingIsHere: 6:18am On Apr 02, 2018
musa234:
This is very wrong mr man and it can never happen in the north, an oba has to lead and others follow, you can't throway the Yoruba culture just like that by dressing like an emir, I'm a northerner and I know what it means to portray ones culture, this can never happen in the north, it only shows that the Yorubas follow the footsteps of the Hausa and Fulani. They always follow our footsteps

Thank you for telling these blockheads on nairaland, since they only listen to their northern masters.

Can you imagine this guy is supposed to be a first class oba who is meant to promote the yoruba dressing, heritage and tradition?

For the bolded, you are right. This shows that the yorubas follow the footsteps of the Hausa and Fulani and are their slaves.

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Terver90: 6:21am On Apr 02, 2018
He is not even intelligent, so he is telling us that only emir title that is diverse in Nigeria abi? And he further installed other sub rulers with hausa/fulani titles and claimed to promote yoruba abi? I clap for those that will fall for this.

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by sisisioge: 6:26am On Apr 02, 2018
Thank goodness! The throne should not be embarrassed like that. Emir ko, Giwa ni grin
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by tiwiex(m): 6:28am On Apr 02, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
They have threatened to detrone him, he is now changing tone.

Who made him first class ruler

I think he should be dethroned. I am not much of a traditional person but I respect history, culture and tradition. This emir story has serious political undertone especially with all the rumours about Fulanis of late wanting to invade. He is king to yoruba both Muslims and Christians and he comes out and says they should start calling him emir? I suspect this guy sniffs some illegal stuff. Damn.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Tundeobama(m): 6:30am On Apr 02, 2018
he no go better for anyone who support this man if a whole oba can deny his culture to promote others why name him a king who controls affairs of culture. Emir his the custodian of religion.in Yoruba land we don't miss the two together
Rasheedi you this useless yahooboy that karma
would soon catch up with; you are a liar. No
Hausa will call you an Emir. The translation for
Oba in hausa is seriki. Emir is a religious head of
a muslim community while Oba is a traditional
head. Idiot gee boy, stop lying. You are a
disgrace to yoruba land.#dethroneiwoking

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Zeromoney(m): 6:32am On Apr 02, 2018
This country is filled with square pegs in round holes, right from the lowest to the highest hierarchy of leadership. If this dude was worthy of being an Oba he would not act this way, except his mission is actually to carry out the Islamization agenda.

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Angelawhite(m): 6:34am On Apr 02, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!

Try again

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:37am On Apr 02, 2018
No matter his recanting, he MUST be dethroned, period. He must pay for his misdimenour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by okk4sure: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2018
He Is a confused man & is placing his life & his lineage on the line jokingly.May b he sud remember what happened to the Late Olufi of Gbongan Land in the same Osun State - Oba Solomon Adeyemi wen he jettison his own culture to embrace chore Christian doctrine.Also what happened to Diana of ......wen She decided to married his heartthrob of Arabian background fter several warning!
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by tiwiex(m): 6:39am On Apr 02, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
This Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi of a guy has lost whatever admiration I had for him and I would be disappointed if he is not deposed. The only value of traditional rulers in Nigeria is that they are custodians of the culture. The man has failed in this area. He has failed his stool.
His head needs to be examined to truly know if he is mentally stable.

I really don't think he is stable or he just does not know his job description. So sad really. With great power comes great responsibility. Next thing, he will start telling his subjects to go learn Hausa and Fulani by force. I see this guy being dethroned. I think he really crossed a critical line here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Angelawhite(m): 6:41am On Apr 02, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

See them. If one bad mouthed Yoruba guy hit you below the belt now, you will start shouting "Yoruba hate us", "Give us Biafra" up and down. Yet you all are worse.
The only issue I have with you guys is that you always play the victim since 1967. You have never been wrong; it's always others.

Well, you're not far from the truth. The truth remains that you're an afonja
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by wingmanII: 6:46am On Apr 02, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
The FAKE news was started by FFK inlaws, the bloody flat/heads IDP from the East.

Useless igbo cunts!
I think you're calling afenifere and other prominent Yoruba sons who reacted to the news useless cunts.

3 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by wristbangle: 6:51am On Apr 02, 2018
The best thing that can happen is to dethrone this man else his senseless move would be a shame to Yorubaland for a long tine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:57am On Apr 02, 2018
But seriously; the attire is so befitting, it looks very beautiful on him - even Obasanjo and Fayose have been seen trying the same, though with lesser success.
Nothing wrong with what he was doing - note the ongoing fashion where many Nigerian personalities especially politicians from all the various tribes are increasingly now adopting the Hausa style (Agbada and Cap) of dressing.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Tundeobama(m): 6:58am On Apr 02, 2018
The good thing is during crisis in North this people slutter the west slave in large numbers 1st they don't even give a duck about us.keep enslaving your generation

2 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ZionJay(m): 6:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Just keep kwayet! Confused mofo
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Edu3Again: 7:00am On Apr 02, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Useless igbo cunts!
Abi na igbo people dress up as Emir?
Na Igbo people call am Emir?
Na Igbo people tell am to confer Islamic title?

top4:
Call the Emir of Kano the Oba of Kano.
Even Kwara that has Fulani & Yorubas, call the Emir of Ilorin the Oba of Ilorin make we see.

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by toye440: 7:05am On Apr 02, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
.The monarch has been dressing like an emir and wearing turban occasionally and he again wore the turban on Saturday when he installed Yakub Abdul-Baqi Mohhamed the Waziri of Yorubaland in his palace in Iwo.

Now this is the same scenerio that played out in the past that brought about the infiltration of the north into Yoruba land...
History is slowly repeating itself here..

Never bring in fire in a house
Made of straws
I don talk my own o. Let me come and be going.
Thanks to our head slamming brothers d yoruba nation will soon b lost to their slave masters. I said it that d religion was brought to enslave them.

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2018
poor damage control!... his royal dumbness.

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by livinbygrace: 7:18am On Apr 02, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

See them. If one bad mouthed Yoruba guy hit you below the belt now, you will start shouting "Yoruba hate us", "Give us Biafra" up and down. Yet you all are worse.
The only issue I have with you guys is that you always play the victim since 1967. You have never been wrong; it's always others.

Face front and leave igbos out of this.If a Yoruba king is misbehaving and have no regards for our culture and traditions who else will take us serious?Abeg this yahoo king is misfit and unworthy to be crown a king .Woe unto the kingmakers of that shitty miserable town .Mind you,I am Yoruba man from Mapo in ibadan

3 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ghuzy01: 7:31am On Apr 02, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

And who made him a first class oba.He is not even a among the top 20 kings in yoruba land.He is just a noise maker....period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ghuzy01: 7:31am On Apr 02, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

And who made him a first class oba.He is not even among the top 20 kings in yoruba land.He is just a noise maker....period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion / A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.