Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? (22748 Views)

Princess Owowoh Graduates In UK As First Female Officer Cadet From Nigeria / Is Saudi Aramco The Highest Paying Multinational Oil Firm In The World? / Is Exxon Mobil The Highest Paying Multinational Oil Firm In Nigeria For 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by TreasuredGlory: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2018
G
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by hezy4real01(m): 7:35am On Apr 03, 2018
Plenty sef... anything is possible man
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by dynicks(m): 7:36am On Apr 03, 2018
Mrokaykay:

I presently work for a Multinational company I graduated with a 2.2
Ah! bros abeg link me up na......

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by olawamide042(m): 7:36am On Apr 03, 2018
zoom24:
I am new in this forum and I must confess, the response here is discouraging. over 70 views and yet only 4 comments!!
Lol!!! Don't worry yourself, When comments begins to come up i bet you will run for your life....Anyway welcome to Nairaland....
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by unmask: 7:37am On Apr 03, 2018
It depends on what you do....some work for IOCs as contract staff...but for a graduate position unless by "long legs" one most likely won't get in

1 Like

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by ConcernMan: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2018
From my experience, oil majors usually insist on a minimum of 2.1 for entry/graduate positions. However, they do take other lower grades that have acquired strong cognate and industry experience over the years at other levels.
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by themosthigh: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2018
I Graduated with a third class Engineering degree from Ekpoma. I was a hardcore cultist that was rusticated twice. I was reinstated the first time after I claimed to renounce cr cultism. The second time, I threatened to shoot the Hod and he reinstated me out of fear. My file for school full. I committed every crime in the book.
I left nigeria and became a mercenary in Congo for a while before moving to SA,then Canada.
Now I am a lead automation engineer in an oil company in the North Sea. I left nigeria and all my sins where forgotten. I have won numerous awards and accolades here and sometimes I dream my crimes will catch up with me.
I was a product of a bad country with bad leaders and generally bad atmosphere. I have never being to Nigeria in 21 years and I don’t ever hope to touch home. My parents disowned me and they are dead, brother seized all property and didn’t give me a dime. Now his kids call me all the time. I that was the bad uncle everybody avoided.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by zinaunreal(m): 7:38am On Apr 03, 2018
Lol. Does that trash matter any more?
Better go find work to survive. Who cares about your grade
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by jjpeter(m): 7:40am On Apr 03, 2018
Yes, with experience mostly. And without experience I know someone too in total
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Twrecks(m): 7:41am On Apr 03, 2018
There are people that did not even go to school there that have fat contracts
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by SternProphet: 7:41am On Apr 03, 2018
oyetunder:
leave me joor. When son of man can get into Aso Rock with a primary six certificate...you are here disturbing me about oil that is facing global disgrace in the Market. Even me wey I got first class has learnt to be my own boss since. Who has unopened easter wines please?

The President is in Aso Rock with weary good professional certificates in his chosen field from two world class military officer training institutions. You are right, no intelligent perdon should depend on certificates alone. Certificates are not even proof of IQ. Dangote did not make firdt class and Bill Gates did not finish university. And yes, being your own boss is the best

5 Likes

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Chuksmonika(m): 7:42am On Apr 03, 2018
Lat1tudeO2:
pls nairalanders should help, my school fee portal closes this Friday, am a final year student already, pls people here I don't know what to do, my school fee is 80.300 while am only having 30k with me. I can produce any thing u need to confirm this claim.
Someone should safe my life
My. Contact is attached below
you have to go and create a thread for this,this evidence of yours is not the only evidence that will be required of you,you will hv to show your school id card,receipt or bank teller of previously paid school fees,and many other things generous Nairalanders may require from you,cos there are scammers on the net this days...Just create a thread for it,and your helpers will Locate you

6 Likes

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by kepsi123(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2018
Well full dia bros
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Prettyyemi(f): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2018
No idea
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Jarus(m): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2018
Yes.

1, Contract staff that were converted to permanent staff. At contract level, grade is not a top consideration, so they easily get in. After years on contract and during conversion (rare though), grade becomes secondary compared to experience.

2, Experienced hires from other industries. If an IOC wants to recruit a Treasury Manager from a bank for example, his grade wont matter again.

UPDATE: Someone below mentioned Msc from a top school. That's true too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by optimusprime2(m): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2018
Yes, with Msc's, highly specialized international certifications, strong sector experience, advanced graduate degrees or research degrees specific to the industry.

Bottom line; YES, they employ 2:2 holder's.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by thedondada(m): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2018
zoom24:
I am new in this forum and I must confess, the response here is discouraging. over 70 views and yet only 4 comments!!

It's better to have content than volume.

You want all those naijabet guys and erection problem guys to flood your thread. Not to forget my school fees portal will soon close. Then tribalist and apc/pdp warriors.

Back to topic it's very possible though I personally dontnknow of any. All the people I know had 2.1 or 1st class.

Modified...

As if I knew it a school fees dude is on this thread already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by drills: 7:48am On Apr 03, 2018
Most definitely you can get folks with 2.2 hired for middle technical skilled task in Operations and Maintenance, for the highly skilled jobs it is usually competitive additional skill sets could make the applicant with 2.2 more suitable. To answer ur ? YES IOC's do hire folks with 2.2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by henryhemon(m): 7:50am On Apr 03, 2018
zoom24:
most adverts by multinational oil companies request for minimum of second class upper. I would like to know if a 2.2 graduate can join the likes of Shell, Agip, Total etc even if it means joining as a contract staff. Personal testimonies will also be much appreciated.

Stop asking stupid questions please. Its childish and have been over flogged.
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Flyingngel(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2018
debolayinka post

Isn't it better that they keep quiet if they have nothing to say, than that they derail your question?

But he is only complaining but did not contribute to the topic.
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by DrHighchief(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2018
There are third class there...
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Danchibez: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2018
Accept u hv somebody who know somebody that knows somebody
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Yankee101: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2018
There are none degree holders in MNCs
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by mtngloetiartel: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
Topccy007:
Many of them are there.... Long leg is mostly responsible. It's not even no longer who you know but who knows you.... We know a lot of top people but the question is do they know us?
for instance, I know Ibe Kachikwu but he does not knw me. We are from the same town. Is there a way around this kind of connection?
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Lomprico2: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2018
zoom24:
most adverts by multinational oil companies request for minimum of second class upper. I would like to know if a 2.2 graduate can join the likes of Shell, Agip, Total etc even if it means joining as a contract staff. Personal testimonies will also be much appreciated.

3rd class dey sef.
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by SternProphet: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2018
High01:
[Gowon Yakubu shared in his facebook page list of achievements by past leaders irrespective of corruption. There was corruption in Nigeria when Awolowo built Cocoa House, TV station and the first university in Africa

There was corruption in Nigeria when IBB built Third Mainland Bridge, built Aso Rock, National Assembly Complex, turned Abuja into our Federal capital territory.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/politics-gowon-yakubu-blast-buhari-stop.html

There was corruption in Nigeria when Obasanjo brought Gsm, banking reform, police reform, civil defense, There was corruption in Nigeria when Jonathan introduced BVN and PVC, built 12 new federal universities, revamped railway lines, made Our economy fastest growing in Africa & third in the world.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/politics-gowon-yakubu-blast-buhari-stop.html

If anyone tell you the reason Buhari is not working is because he inherited corruption, tell them great leaders don't blame people and events for their failures. They simply accept responsibility and move on. Ask them, what has Buhari done after all the fake promise of fixing power in 6wks, reducing pump price to #45 naira, making N1 equal to a $ 1, stopping Boko Haram etc. It's a shame.

The inferno truth is, corruption started from heaven when Satan violated a privilege given him. That never stop God's works.

He waited for God to create man and brought his lawlessness and corruption into the garden of eden.

God wasn't moved. He introduced a redemption plan. The Savior was born. Sadly, Judas Iscariot was there. 

Not discouraged yet, He gave us God the Holy Spirit.

If anyone tell you the reason Buhari is not working is because he inherited corruption, tell them corruption is rooted in the DNA of homo sapiens ( Latin: wise man ) because we are just mere mortal infected with a virus of good & evil.

Yet, great leaders don't blame people and events for their failures. They simply accept responsibility and move on.

#InecWillNotCountPrayerPointsButVotes. Please, strive and endeavor to collect your PVC.

So let us talk about IQ.

IQ is low when everything is binary to an individual. There is slso cowardice of seeing the truth and running away from it.

Buhari has not said he is not working but fighting corruption alone. It is sentiment, fear and inferiority complex that is making people do passive aggressive forays into irrelevant areas.

Buhari is boasting about the largest infrastructure spend in 20 years

He is boasting about agriculture ..especially rice revamp

He is boasting about school feeding which is encouraging child school enrolment especially in the north

He has cleaned up defence procurement.

NPA, JAMB are now returning profit to the federation account in a remarkable proof that fighting corruption is a profitable enterprise for any country.

Buhari 's economic policies sucked in $12.7 bn portfolio investment last year and foreign exchange reserves is now $46bn

Yes Nigerians have PVCs and they know the government to return to power so that gains can be continued with our interruption and the FAILED party to keep out of government because they stole mindlessly and foolishly until they were booted from power.

Gowon belongs to the golden era of Nigeria. They were ordinary soldiers and there was corruption but Nigeria built all its refineries, 40,000km of roads, petrochemical plant, major universities, LNG, major airports, Ajaokua steel plant, Abuja et.c.

OBJ brought PDP in and between him and Dr "Confused" Jonathan, they could not deliver power, refineries, security, self sufficiency in rice...all for an expenditure of $600bn including $20bn on power alone.

1 Like

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by babyfaceafrica: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2018
zoom24:
and so?...did you pay us to comment?...must we comment on every thread?...what manner of nansense is this?.... You better be careful!!.. It is a free world..if we like we comment,if we like we don't!!.. Arrant rabbish!!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by pawesome(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2018
Even pass de....all na ur connect
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by Yankiss(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2018
LOSKYXANDER:
I heard they take 2.2 but with experience. but I'm sure some 2.2 grads without experience get in some way or the other. Is it not Nigeria again? grin

You should up your game with a masters degree on good standing. 2.2 first degree are never taken as staff, unless in contract positions. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by pawesome(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2018
mtngloetiartel:
for instance, I know Ibe Kachikwu but he does not knw me. We are from the same town. Is there a way around this kind of connection?
grin. You have to know someone dt knows Simone dt knows DT person dt knows him directly
Re: Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? by robotix: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2018
zoom24:
dem boku... I even know a guy that got in with just Certification from short courses

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You 'Yab' The Police And Still Apply Privately - Officer Uju / Don't Fall For The Pressure, Everyone Has A Different Timeline / Okorocha Sacks 3,000 Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.