Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President (398 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Tells Nnamdi Kanu To Apply For "Zoo Visa" / Nnamdi Kanu To Tinubu: You've Disappointed, Disgraced The Noble Yoruba Ancestry / Men Kneel Before Nnamdi Kanu To Address Him In His Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President by kcmichael: 6:22am On Apr 03, 2018
Nigerian football legend Nwankwo Kanu has been inspired by Liberian icon George Weah’s feat.

The former Arsenal FC and Inter Milan forward has announced he will run for President of Nigeria in 2019.

Weah, who had a very successful football career in Europe, was elected President of Liberia in the 2017 election, defeating the incumbent Vice President Joseph Boakai, and sworn in on 22 January 2018.

“My presence here today is about the future of our country and the happiness of our people,” Kanu said on Goal.

“The last 18 years of leadership has witnessed a decline in all critical sectors of life in Nigeria, plus general insecurity in the land.

“Also, I’ll do all it takes to wrestle corruption which has become blatant and widespread. The rest of the world looks at Nigeria as the home of corruption,” Kanu, who also had a successful career in Europe, added.

“If I get your mandate, I promise to do things differently and restore honour and integrity to public service by keeping the best and attracting the best.

“George Weah’s victory in Liberia is a pointer that this dream is very realistic with you all on my side.”

Kanu, 41, will be hoping to unseat incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari during the Nigerian general elections which will be held in Nigeria on 16 February 2019.

Re: 2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On Apr 03, 2018
Now, this is funny!
Re: 2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:26am On Apr 03, 2018
......one of those beer parlor gist!
Re: 2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President by BabaO2: 7:01am On Apr 03, 2018
Ok oo na youth una dey crave for. No be the same Kanu wey no fit spell Bible in those days?
Re: 2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President by lastempero: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2018
Bro kanu stop comparing yourself with George weah,he really empowered youths in his country but in your own case their is nothing to show for even arochukwu where u are from nothing is been felt over there.
Re: 2019: Nwankwo Kanu To Run For President by imamabi(m): 7:39am On Apr 03, 2018
Are we sure that Mr. Nwankwo has not learn bad habit? Coz only weed can make one reason the impossible.

(1) (Reply)

U S Govt To Wike: End Rivers Violent Elections, Gain US Investments / Breaking- Buhari: Libyans Fighting Against Anti Grazing Bill! / Ekiti Guber: Fayemi Deceiving Himself, Making Empty Boast – Deputy Gov, Olusola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.