Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! (932 Views)

Only Atiku Can Restructure Nigeria- Afenifere / Only Atiku Can Restructure And Improve Nigeria's Economy - Nwodo / This Are The Members Of Obasanjos Coalition Movement To Salvage Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by tomakint: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2018
Only Atiku can salvage Nigeria from its current woes- Oladimeji

APRIL 1, 2018

Fabiyi Olademeji, a close ally of former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, is the national coordinator of Atiku campaign groups and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In this interview with

He spoke about the presidential ambition of the former vice president and why he deserves the PDP presidential ticket among other issues.

When should we expect Atiku to formally declare for the office of the president?

First and foremost; there are two things that happens, one is an event the other is a process; event in the sense that he move from APC to PDP; now he is in PDP, there are so many things to be done before declaration, consultation, meeting people this is a process.
And you notice that when he returned life returned to PDP, he is on that process and as soon the process is over he would come out to say if he would contest, don’t forget that he is a founding member of the party, there are also many things to be done, these are processes, don’t forget he is the founding member of the party and he was forced out of the party, that is history now;

He is meeting people, he is going there, that is a process, telling them that he has returned to the party, he met with Fayose as the chairman of the governors forum some weeks back, he has also been attending private events.
The battle line is as soon as this process is complete he would declare, he is consulting and there must be consultation, INEC has not even set time for the primaries, he is going through that process of meeting people, let them know that he is back in the party, and in a couple of weeks, he would come out and tell Nigerians his next move.

How are you managing the large number of groups indicating interest in working for Atiku?

We are overwhelmed by the number of people coming out by the day declaring their interest for Atiku. Right now there are about 600 groups coming together to support Atiku and we are in the process of profiling these groups now.
It is not about Atiku, it is about the future of Nigeria, it is about him coming out to rescue the future of Nigeria, it is about the future of our youths.

How do you react to the insinuation that Atiku is corrupt?

The question of Atiku being corrupt is stale news now. Atiku’s wealth is not government money, it means his wealth is gotten through hard work, he has let the world know how he got into merchandising, he got loan, buys house, got into custom and he invested into agriculture and education; we know people who stole Nigeria’s money where are they now?
They are very broke, the money is finished. Atiku have told people how he invested in business, how he got loans to start, how he joined customs and left, how he invested into properties and he has challenged Nigerians if you have corruption case against me bring it forward and lets see.
Nobody up till today has come forward, we are tired of talking about this issue, he has been traveling around the world, and nobody has arrested him. We know people saying all these things, Atiku had many times said how his got his wealth, let them come out and say how they got their wealth too.
Atiku belongs to the past, but he is still relevant to the present, and the future of youths of this country, it is about Nigeria, it is the future, Atiku belongs to the past, but he is still relevant to the present and the youths is key to the future of the country.

What machinery are you putting in place to ensure that those groups who would work against the interest of Atiku are checked like they have done in the past?

I want to say it is not the groups that worked against Atiku, it is the elite of the country, I call it elite conspiracy, they are against him because they think if he comes to power; he would not serve their interest, they cannot control him. This is the reason they are working against him, it is up to us as Nigerians to work against these people. It is on record that Atiku has the ability to move the country forward; and they are afraid and they know if he comes to power he would surpass their achievements that is also why they are afraid.
This few elite do not want this country to move forward we make a big mistake by electing someone like Buhari, lets move this country forward, get your PVC and you can vote these people out that is s the way forward.

Is Atiku ready to apologize to Obasanjo as advised by Jonathan?

Atiku holds nothing against Obasanjo and I believe Obasanjo holds nothing against him, there is no basis for begging; Jonathan talked like a leader, his advice is good. Atiku has taken it if he thinks there is need to do that he would do it.

How do you react to the Obasanjo inspired third force Coalition?

It is only God that makes leaders, nobody gave Obasanjo chance that he would come back to rule; judging where Jonathan was coming from whoever think is going to become the president? It is only God that determines; 1000 supporters cannot make any body president. Lets wait to see the outcome, whether third force or 5th force Nigerians are waiting to see the outcome.

Is Atiku desperate to rule Nigeria?

No, Atiku has been running for president for some time now; he contested in 1993 and he willingly stepped down for Abiola. In 2003 he stepped down for Obasanjo in spite of the fact that 19 of the governors where in his support, he said the Yorubas have only been in office for four years, in 2014 he had grounds to challenge Buhari in court, but he said lets deepen democracy. He is not desperate to rule, he just want to liberate this country. Can somebody be desperate to serve his country. He is not like Buhari who contested several times under different party. Atiku just want to give back to the country, as the president he can do more for Nigerians.

Is he ready for dialogue with the other presidential aspirants in PDP?

When we get to that bridge we would cross it, we would speak with other candidates, but INEC has not declared the race open.

What has Atiku to offer Nigerians?

Here is a man who was an orphan at the age of 16, this is about a man who does not have any helper, he got educated through government scholarship; he got to where he is through hard work; his selling point is that he is a successful business man.
Atiku is the second highest employer of labour in the country; go to Adamawa State, the school he built has put the state in the world map. Here is a man who almost lost his life while fighting for democracy for the country, a thorough family man, and he has the policy to move the country forward. He has the friends and connections to move the country forward; he is the best candidate for the job.

How do you react to the election time table drama?

The Senate could not have been wrong; it is part of the beauty of democracy; I don’t think they have broken any law, fundamentally the National Assembly has right to amend the constitution, they have not tampered with the time, they only tempered with sequence.
The sequence does not matter, why is Mr. President bothered about the time and sequence as if he is confident he would win the election.

The PDP is said to be in another crisis how true is this?

Let them say what they like, there is no crisis in PDP; we may have disgruntled members here and there, we may have few issues after the convention; it is part of politics;
what of APC; the problem in PDP is smaller than what we have in APC, we would sort things out, since PDP came back APC knows they are in problem, let them go and do convention first.

They said Wike has hijacked the party?

One person cannot hijack the party, we have executive, the dynamics that shapes the convention is bigger than Wike, he may have the resources but he cannot take over the party structure.

Atiku is the second highest employer of labour in the country; go to Adamawa State, the school he built has put the state in the world map. Here is a man who almost lost his life while fighting for democracy for the country, a thorough family man, and he has the policy to move the country forward. He has the friends and connections to move the country forward, he is the best candidate for the job.

https://dailytimes.ng/atiku-can-salvage-nigeria-current-woes-oladimeji/

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by slimfit1(m): 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
Really
Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by clevvermind(m): 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2018
To me, Atiku should be given a try, i am tired of the dullard called Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by coluka: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
Because Atiku is Jesus abi? Nonsense, make I hear word joor

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Ratello: 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
It is a question of time before we all realise the importance of Atiku to the polity, this I am too sure about! Atiku remains the only detrabilized Northerner that can take power from the megalomaniac Buhari and deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Ratorichie(m): 12:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Atikulation.

" You Shall Set Forth At Dawn" On A Journey To Redeem Nigeria From The Clutches Of A Nepotic, Clannish And Myopic Buhari In 2019

2 Likes

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by kimjongJezebel: 1:06am On Apr 04, 2018
Fabiyi my boss, I sight you!

Atiku has a very big chance because he's a nationalist, moderate, not a bigot, liberal and runs prosperous businesses. He's a great manager of resources and has friends all over the country. I only hope Nigerians can give him the chance because Atiku will make Nigeria great

2 Likes

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by yarimo(m): 1:12am On Apr 04, 2018
the same ATIKU that contribute to the situation where nigeria and nigerians is today, OLADIMEJI the thunder that will fire your mouth for saying this nonsense just left GAMBIA. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Ratello: 2:30am On Apr 04, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
Fabiyi my boss, I sight you!

Atiku has a very big chance because he's a nationalist, moderate, not a bigot, liberal and runs prosperous businesses. He's a great manager of resources and has friends all over the country. I only hope Nigerians can give him the chance because Atiku will make Nigeria great

Guess what sister, flesh and blood hath not reveal this to you. You are good.

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Ratello: 2:31am On Apr 04, 2018
yarimo:
the same ATIKU that contribute to the situation where nigeria and nigerians is today, OLADIMEJI the thunder that will fire your mouth for saying this nonsense just left GAMBIA. undecided

I think with the nuisance you constitute on every Atiku's thread with your little knowledge may force that Thunder to locate you

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by yarimo(m): 2:41am On Apr 04, 2018
Ratello:

I think with the nuisance you constitute on every Atiku's thread with your little knowledge may force that Thunder to locate you
assuming you are intelligent, I could have respond to you better on ATIKU.
Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 04, 2018
yarimo:
and the same atiku who said that "labeling the attackers fulani is worng" the KNOWN terrorist fulani herdsmenundecided https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/261369-herdsmen-crisis-labelling-attackers-fulani-wrong-atiku.html

he was woirred about something insignificant undecided while everyone else was screaming for justice

And he was quoted on other ocassions condoning the fulani herdsmens killing spree saying:

“It is environmental challenge caused by climate change. The occupational practice of pastoralists and even the fishermen are threatened.

“The water resources and grasses are not available and the pastoralists are forced to move toward the South.

“In Kebbi, the predominant prisoners in custody are the Fulanis; they are prone to crime because of lack of Education.

“On the other hand, they are also victims of cattle rustlers who attack them and take away their animals.”
http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/05/atiku-reveals-fulani-herdsmen-violent/

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by cjrane: 3:33am On Apr 04, 2018
Nigeria needs a seasoned and detribalized Nigerian to rescue us from the Mallam in power using Fulani herdsmen to kill people and force them to cede their ancestral lands to fulani

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 04, 2018
It is only common sense to note that the 2nd highest employer of labour would definitely take us better than where we are now.

Entrepreneurs and business men dread room for failures..

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Unluckrees(m): 5:34am On Apr 04, 2018
Buhari's child Zara Is paying over 12million naira as school fees developing her future and Career.*Jonathan's Children 've been moved to London for studies and residence while Developing their career and living In Affluence.....*Atiku Abubakar's Children are abroad schooling....*T
inubu's Children are abroad schooling and Living in Affluence,they are all developing and investing in their children to Continue to rule Us after they are gone.....You are there as a Jobless graduate wearing APC and PDP Customized Vest and Polo, Chanting"Change" holding Brooms and Carrying Umbrellas chanting "Transformation"Killing yourself, fermenting trouble and Constituting nuisance to the Society because of Peanuts that can't make you a better person...... *Stop being a disgrace to your Discipline, Stop Wearing APC Vest and Carrying PDP Umbrellas Because that is the Wish of Politicians for You...* They Know If you have a good Job, they Can't Use you as a thug / Propagandists . *If Buhari will Not bring all his ten Children to the street for Campaign and Jonathan will not bring his Children and Blood Brothers to the Street for Campaign,then you are a disgrace to your family If you don't Stop masquerading yourself as PDP and APC agents*, because up till now, I have never seen Buhari 's Children and Jonathan's Children On the Street wearing APC Vest and holding Brooms, neither have I seen Jonathan's Children carrying the PDP Umbrella even On social media let alone on the Street.... *To whom brain is given, Sense is expected!* _Just Vote. No violence_. Spread the news!
#Say no to violence
#Our Mumu Don do

2 Likes

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by kimjongJezebel: 8:38am On Apr 04, 2018
Ratello:

Guess what sister, flesh and blood hath not reveal this to you. You are good.

You are extremely good and far better than me bro... Enjoy!

I wish Turaki Adamawa success because this represents his best chance of being in the Villa

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Corrinthians(m): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2018
tomakint:
[s]Only Atiku can salvage Nigeria from its current woes- Oladimeji

APRIL 1, 2018

Fabiyi Olademeji, a close ally of former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, is the national coordinator of Atiku campaign groups and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In this interview with

He spoke about the presidential ambition of the former vice president and why he deserves the PDP presidential ticket among other issues.

When should we expect Atiku to formally declare for the office of the president?

First and foremost; there are two things that happens, one is an event the other is a process; event in the sense that he move from APC to PDP; now he is in PDP, there are so many things to be done before declaration, consultation, meeting people this is a process.
And you notice that when he returned life returned to PDP, he is on that process and as soon the process is over he would come out to say if he would contest, don’t forget that he is a founding member of the party, there are also many things to be done, these are processes, don’t forget he is the founding member of the party and he was forced out of the party, that is history now;

He is meeting people, he is going there, that is a process, telling them that he has returned to the party, he met with Fayose as the chairman of the governors forum some weeks back, he has also been attending private events.
The battle line is as soon as this process is complete he would declare, he is consulting and there must be consultation, INEC has not even set time for the primaries, he is going through that process of meeting people, let them know that he is back in the party, and in a couple of weeks, he would come out and tell Nigerians his next move.

How are you managing the large number of groups indicating interest in working for Atiku?

We are overwhelmed by the number of people coming out by the day declaring their interest for Atiku. Right now there are about 600 groups coming together to support Atiku and we are in the process of profiling these groups now.
It is not about Atiku, it is about the future of Nigeria, it is about him coming out to rescue the future of Nigeria, it is about the future of our youths.

How do you react to the insinuation that Atiku is corrupt?

The question of Atiku being corrupt is stale news now. Atiku’s wealth is not government money, it means his wealth is gotten through hard work, he has let the world know how he got into merchandising, he got loan, buys house, got into custom and he invested into agriculture and education; we know people who stole Nigeria’s money where are they now?
They are very broke, the money is finished. Atiku have told people how he invested in business, how he got loans to start, how he joined customs and left, how he invested into properties and he has challenged Nigerians if you have corruption case against me bring it forward and lets see.
Nobody up till today has come forward, we are tired of talking about this issue, he has been traveling around the world, and nobody has arrested him. We know people saying all these things, Atiku had many times said how his got his wealth, let them come out and say how they got their wealth too.
Atiku belongs to the past, but he is still relevant to the present, and the future of youths of this country, it is about Nigeria, it is the future, Atiku belongs to the past, but he is still relevant to the present and the youths is key to the future of the country.

What machinery are you putting in place to ensure that those groups who would work against the interest of Atiku are checked like they have done in the past?

I want to say it is not the groups that worked against Atiku, it is the elite of the country, I call it elite conspiracy, they are against him because they think if he comes to power; he would not serve their interest, they cannot control him. This is the reason they are working against him, it is up to us as Nigerians to work against these people. It is on record that Atiku has the ability to move the country forward; and they are afraid and they know if he comes to power he would surpass their achievements that is also why they are afraid.
This few elite do not want this country to move forward we make a big mistake by electing someone like Buhari, lets move this country forward, get your PVC and you can vote these people out that is s the way forward.

Is Atiku ready to apologize to Obasanjo as advised by Jonathan?

Atiku holds nothing against Obasanjo and I believe Obasanjo holds nothing against him, there is no basis for begging; Jonathan talked like a leader, his advice is good. Atiku has taken it if he thinks there is need to do that he would do it.

How do you react to the Obasanjo inspired third force Coalition?

It is only God that makes leaders, nobody gave Obasanjo chance that he would come back to rule; judging where Jonathan was coming from whoever think is going to become the president? It is only God that determines; 1000 supporters cannot make any body president. Lets wait to see the outcome, whether third force or 5th force Nigerians are waiting to see the outcome.

Is Atiku desperate to rule Nigeria?

No, Atiku has been running for president for some time now; he contested in 1993 and he willingly stepped down for Abiola. In 2003 he stepped down for Obasanjo in spite of the fact that 19 of the governors where in his support, he said the Yorubas have only been in office for four years, in 2014 he had grounds to challenge Buhari in court, but he said lets deepen democracy. He is not desperate to rule, he just want to liberate this country. Can somebody be desperate to serve his country. He is not like Buhari who contested several times under different party. Atiku just want to give back to the country, as the president he can do more for Nigerians.

Is he ready for dialogue with the other presidential aspirants in PDP?

When we get to that bridge we would cross it, we would speak with other candidates, but INEC has not declared the race open.

What has Atiku to offer Nigerians?

Here is a man who was an orphan at the age of 16, this is about a man who does not have any helper, he got educated through government scholarship; he got to where he is through hard work; his selling point is that he is a successful business man.
Atiku is the second highest employer of labour in the country; go to Adamawa State, the school he built has put the state in the world map. Here is a man who almost lost his life while fighting for democracy for the country, a thorough family man, and he has the policy to move the country forward. He has the friends and connections to move the country forward; he is the best candidate for the job.

How do you react to the election time table drama?

The Senate could not have been wrong; it is part of the beauty of democracy; I don’t think they have broken any law, fundamentally the National Assembly has right to amend the constitution, they have not tampered with the time, they only tempered with sequence.
The sequence does not matter, why is Mr. President bothered about the time and sequence as if he is confident he would win the election.

The PDP is said to be in another crisis how true is this?

Let them say what they like, there is no crisis in PDP; we may have disgruntled members here and there, we may have few issues after the convention; it is part of politics;
what of APC; the problem in PDP is smaller than what we have in APC, we would sort things out, since PDP came back APC knows they are in problem, let them go and do convention first.

They said Wike has hijacked the party?

One person cannot hijack the party, we have executive, the dynamics that shapes the convention is bigger than Wike, he may have the resources but he cannot take over the party structure.

Atiku is the second highest employer of labour in the country; go to Adamawa State, the school he built has put the state in the world map. Here is a man who almost lost his life while fighting for democracy for the country, a thorough family man, and he has the policy to move the country forward. He has the friends and connections to move the country forward, he is the best candidate for the job.

https://dailytimes.ng/atiku-can-salvage-nigeria-current-woes-oladimeji/[/s]
Trash.

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2018
Atiku?

Buhari?

Everybody should go home then.

Nigeria is unsalvageable .

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN
Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Okoroawusa: 8:48am On Apr 04, 2018
Atiku?

God forbid bad thing
Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by tomakint: 10:45am On Apr 04, 2018
Corrinthians:
Trash.

I am not surprised at your early morning anger just tell mummy to fry you your dodo. Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Ratello: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2018
Atiku In His Own Words;

Below are what Atiku said with his own mouth and you have the right to query or question or probe him on this, you have your conscience intact, so you be the judge yourself;

“People say I became rich in government. It’s a lie. I had hundreds of millions of dollars in assets declared in 1999. I was able to personally bankroll the Peoples Democratic Party back then, so surely, I was not poor.” (Atiku responding to the allegations that he enriched himself while in office as Vice President)

“I Go Dye, I’m not a messiah. I do not promise Eldorado or $1 = N1, but I always ask that we should look at the economic progress we made under my leadership and what I am doing in private business and judge me by those.”  (Atiku's response to "I Go Dye", a Nigerian popular Comedian, on why he is qualified and a better candidate to become President of Nigeria)

“As VP, I assembled what is arguably the best economic team ever in Nigeria. It was made up of young, world-class professionals, who came home to work. Some of those professionals are now political leaders, governors and world leaders in their own right." (Atiku's influence on the economic development of Nigeria as the Head of the National Economic Council revealed here)

“I remember the only corruption indictment against me was a white paper which was cooked up by our own administration overnight to including the very EFCC that I helped found and other cabinet ministers, which I challenged in court. The court rightly dismissed all those indictments as being mere political, and till today nobody has ever indicted me of corruption.” (This was his defense against the indictment cooked up against him by Obasanjo and EFCC which is yet to be proved by EFCC till date in any Court of law)

“For example, between 1999 and 2003, oil prices then were hovering between $16 and $28 yet we managed to pay up salary arrears from decades back, clear up our national debts and build up foreign reserves. Our Gross Domestic Product grew at the fastest rate we’ve seen since the return to democracy.” (Despite decades of military  rule, the Obasanjo/Atiku era brought Nigeria out of the woods based on "working economic policies" Atiku helped set up)

“I regret that I had that disagreement with my boss. Some say I was disloyal, but I looked at the events in Zimbabwe recently, and it gives me confidence that I did the right thing fighting the attempts to elongate the presidential tenure beyond eight years. If I did not win that fight, do you think we would be having a discussion on young people getting into leadership today?” (His stand on why he had to fight the illegal Third Term ambition of his former boss, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, which would have set a bad precedence for future administrations)

“I went to the World Bank and met a bright lady, convinced her to come back home, and she became a star in our government. To show you we had effective leadership, the same lady could not replicate her exploits under a different government,”  (On his discovery of the one and only Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former, Minister of Finance)

“In my home state of Adamawa, for example, I’ve created over 50,000 direct jobs and 250,000 indirect ones. We are the largest private employers of labour in the state, only second to the state government. It’s not a lot, but it does help reduce unemployment. Who do you think are holding those jobs? Yes, young people.” (This is Alhaji Atiku's direct and indirect impacts on employments as an individual)

"What is happening in Nigeria is that as a nation, we are caught up in a modern-day Malthusian Trap. For years, our population has been growing faster than our Gross Domestic Product, bringing us to a point where we have an ever-increasing population competing for resources that are not keeping pace with population growth." (Alhaji Atiku's submission on the state of the Nation under Buhari while making his keynote address at the  Silverbird Man of the year 2017 Awards Night)

"It may sound simplistic, but if Nigeria can assemble a leadership focused on getting us out of this Malthusian Trap by gradually reversing the trend where population growth exceeds GDP growth, many of these challenges we are currently facing will slowly but surely fade away." (Atiku's blueprint for the way out of our current surging populations versus our depleting Gross Domestic Products as a Country)

"This month of February 2018, according to the World Poverty Clock, Nigeria has just overtaken India as the world’s capital of extreme poverty. There are more extremely poor people in Nigeria than there are in India, a country that has six times Nigeria’s population." (Alhaji Atiku affirming the grim situation Nigerians found themselves in under the Buhari-led administration)

"After contracting for five consecutive quarters, Nigeria came out of recession in the second quarter of 2017 with a GDP growth rate of 0.55%. In the third quarter, we fared better with 1.40%. While this looks somewhat like we exited the recession, the reality is that when you factor in our population growth rate of 2.3%, which is one of the highest in the world, have we really exited a recession? Technically, yes, but in reality, it is doubtful." (Atiku's humble but concise statistical analysis of the true picture of our economic status as a Country)

“When people do not have jobs and the means to start a business are beyond their reach, they are incrementally much more likely to engage in criminal behaviours like terrorism, kidnapping, militancy and armed robbery." (Atiku bringing to the open a simple reason why violences have taken over Nigeria landscape)

“According to the African Development Bank, in 2017, 18 African countries grew their Gross Domestic Product above 5%. Nigeria, which was number one in 2014, was not amongst these nations. We must figure out what has happened in the intervening years between 2014 and 2018 and fix what went wrong." (This is the height of gross ineptitude on leadership as His Excellency, Alhaji Atiku, gave an expository revelation on how Nigeria fell from the top just within 3 years of APC's leadership)

“What happened to brilliant initiatives like the YouWIN programme which gave Nigerian youths the training and funding to start their own businesses?” (The One Million Dollar Question His Excellency, Alhaji Atiku is asking this rudderless APC's government)

“Let me say this: The Restructuring that I, Atiku Abubakar, envisions, will see no state receive less money from the federation account than it currently does. I hope that will ease the anxieties of some who oppose restructuring. Restructuring will not cheat you. It will free you." (Alhaji Atiku's stance on restructuring)

“When I was in government, we reduced recurrent expenditure by introducing the monetisation policy and by privatising many government enterprises, especially those that were consuming resources without generating revenue. Those policies have been bastardized today and we have seen a ballooning of our recurrent expenditure and shrinkage of our capital expenditure. We must return to the basics.” (Atiku showing the wrong approach of this APC's government in the area of fiscal policies)

“We have to enact laws to prevent leaders from diverting public funds from the public health sector to the treatment of the elite in the best hospitals abroad. If you can afford it from your own private resources, then pay for it. But do not make the tax payer pay for it." (This is Alhaji Atiku demanding that laws should be made to ensure that our leaders are made to pay for their health related issues anytime they seek medical attention abroad and not from public funds)

“We are in critical times, and as I conclude, I want to urge a paradigm shift in Nigeria. Our elite are treated in Europe. Big Brother Naija is being broadcast from South Africa and Nike is unveiling our FIFA World Cup Jersey in London. Is this the extent to which we have outsourced Nigeria? As far as I am concerned, if it concerns Nigeria, it must be done in Nigeria, not abroad. Not abroad.” (Atiku promoting "Made in Nigeria for Nigerians" ideology)

All What Atiku Is Saying Is, "Judge Me On My Track Records In Political And Business Careers And Not On Innuendoes"
Re: Only Atiku Can Salvage Nigeria From Its Current Woes- Oladimeji! by Corrinthians(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2018
tomakint:

[s]I am not surprised at your early morning anger just tell mummy to fry you your dodo. Get well soon[/s]
Another useless trashy comment.

(1) (Reply)

The Man Called Hon. Abiodun Akinlade / Photos Of Buhari Official Visit To Jigawa State To Inaugurate People Oriented / Ahman-pategi Inspects The 56km Patigi Gbugbu Road Construction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.