Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed (9234 Views)

Godknows Igali Reacts To Inclusion Of Name In Looters’ List / I Was Not Kicked Out Of The VIP Box At The PDP Convention - Olisa Metuh Reacts / Buhari Must Include APC Members In Looters’ List To Be Published – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by vanessaRN(f): 9:58am On Apr 04, 2018

Olisa Metuh, former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has insisted that he never collected any money from the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA), under the leadership of Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).

Metuh is currently facing corruption charges for allegedly receiving the sum of N400m from Dasuki during the build up to the 2015 general election.

Speaking on Channels Television, the former PDP spokesperson said he had never been to the office of the NSA and has no relationship with Dasuki.

According to Metuh, “I did not collect any money from the National Security Adviser’s office. I have never been to the former National Security Adviser’s office.

“I had no relationship with the former National Security Adviser, I had a relationship with my President who was the leader of my party.”

Metuh accused the All Progressives Congress, APC-led government of witch-hunting its opponents especially members of the PDP.

“This persecution is more than that. They witch-hunt. It is not a fight against corruption. It is a fight against political opponents.

“How can you call someone a looter when he is still in court. How can you say someone stole when there is no evidence about it? When you are saying that the money paid into his account is an unlawful activity. You haven’t proven it. You have not established anything. Maybe because you think you can manipulate the judiciary,” he said.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/04/metuh-reacts-to-being-called-looter-by-fg/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Dozie32(m): 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
Am commenting first ooo
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Facebooker(f): 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
Who cares! I'm still trying to figure out why I get extra Hot on Wednesdays.
It has started doing me for my body like "come and do" again. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Amirullaha(m): 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2018
Looters indicting looters...
Who did we offend
SMH...
#PVCLOADED

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Atiku2019: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Dozie32(m): 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
Wetin concerning agburu with overload?
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by SNIPER123: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
Even you they complain shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Chukazu: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2018
Is he outa mortuary ambulance yet? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2018
I came for comments embarassed for now nothing so I'll be back... Thank you

1 Like

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by SNIPER123: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
Oga respect yourself now

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by firo08(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
Lai mohammed is a junk.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Corrinthians(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2018
When they say "come to court" now, he would develop paralysis and become bound to a wheelchair.

Stupid thieving Pig. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2018
grin
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by tesppidd: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
48 hours have elapsed and the world is still waiting for Oga Uchenna to sue.

Eediotic PDP looters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Sluvist(m): 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
Those guys has no iota of shame, even devil tries to prove himself as a saint, though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by heffem(m): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
Facebooker:
....inside this hot weather? Haba! aunty, calm down abeg

1 Like

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Kotodoctor: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nigerians belike go and get your pvc, we will vote this Dullard out.

Lol what didn't jonathan do for you clowns. He even made you all believe your in democracy and that your votes count,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Beedoc: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ole
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Ovitan244: 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Sir, please why are you reacting?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by RillJ(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
If only there is any way to take out Wednesdays from subsequent weeks.

Facebooker:
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Eminent4u(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
All this our politician are science students or chemicals reacting like H2S04...they don't want to accept that they are thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by DrHighchief(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
Facebooker:
go buy black soap to wash ursef...Hot ni.,...horni ke....
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by focus7: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2018
Everyone is now reacting. Soon Dasuki, Dokpesi and Diezinni will react now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by olowobaba10: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
s
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
According to Metuh, “I did not collect any money from the National Security Adviser’s office. I have never been to the former National Security Adviser’s office.

The above statement by Metuh just made his complaints invalid.

It would have been better if he ended with " I did not collect any money from the NSA's office" instead of going further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by ipobarecriminals: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
sad Thief.U nor go Dasuki office/una nor dey meet @one corner.Well"our medical. doctors dey try here.The bedridden/ cripple one dey talk.it is a sign of good thing
Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by dacherish(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA

Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.
Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:

How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.

Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.

It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!* Nigeria youth wish way have we not been decieved a lot, dm me to join other meaningfull youths to say no for all this mess

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Reacts To Being Included In Looters' List By Lai Mohammed by DSS1335: 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
Shut up big thief. U think Nigerian are being sentimental and amnesic?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis / INEC Publishes ‘Notice Of Polls’, Declares, "We’re Good To Go" / Photos: Absconded Abobaku Of Oni Responds Via Twitter. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.