Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics (5200 Views)

Protest As Makinde Nominates Seun Fakorede As Commissioner For Youth & Sports / Olakunle Churchill Calls For Active Youth Participation In Governance (Video) / Fani-kayode Reacts To Ibb’s Call For Restructuring Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by lalekanyinusa(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
Aspirant backs IBB call for youths' participation in politics

More Nigerians have thrown their weight behind the call by former military president, General Ibrahim Babaginda, that youths should be allowed to take over governance in Nigeria.

A House of Representatives aspirant under People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State, Honourable Bolarinwa Oluwole, was the latest to support to the call.

General Babaginda had, on Sunday, said that the old generation has overstayed in the corridor of power and should pave way for the younger ones to steer the ship of the state aright.

The former president was quoted to have said he and other like-minds proposed as far as back as 1989 the possibility of handing over the country’s leadership to younger people who have the passion and zeal to propel it on the path of development and growth but the older generation was recalcitrant then.

Honourable Oluwole, who wants to represent Remo Federal Constituency, made his position during an interview with newsmen in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital, at the weekend.

He stated that the country may not be at par in the comity of nations in terms of development if the younger generation were relegated to the back door.

He said history has shown that a nation’s development fulcrum progresses better in the hands of younger generation, which he said, is more adventurous and full of fresh ideas.

He said, “We cannot say a country will develop without including the youth in the political affairs.

"It is important to engage youth in the political business of the country".

Honourable Oluwole however called on state Houses of Assembly to vote yes to ‘Not Too Young To Run’ bill that will give young people the opportunity to contribute to national development.

http://www.rockcityfmradio.com/aspirant-backs-ibb-call-youths-participation-politics/

Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by abimbolayekeen: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
I support IBB .
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Yankiss(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hmm. What is the real age of this legislature? What are his contributions in the lower chambers? When we talk about youths, we mean youths with the desire to transform the country for good. Not those who are so driven by acquisitions they are only out for SELF. You see, by YOUTH we mean YOUNG, SELFLESS leaders of the next generation. Not recycled youths who lack empathy for fellow Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by chibike69: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
grin
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by HeyCorleone(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
What Youth? The one interested in reality shows that have no direct or indirect impact on the quality of their lives? Or didn't you see the reply Kwakwanso got the other day? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Yeeyo: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Buhari is naive in leadership and Nigeria is crashing, young people with fresh brain are need 2 revive this country.
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Kolapo11: 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by congorasta: 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2018
k

do not take them serious..
they drift like wind.
and will betray at the slightest chance.

afonigrams
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by mikemodel24: 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2018
Youth wey una go dey manipulate when they reach office. na all politican tatic we don understand for naija
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by NaijaMutant(f): 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2018
grin
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by NaijaMutant(f): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:
Hmm. What is the real age of this legislature? What are his contributions in the lower chambers? When we talk about youths, we mean youths with the desire to transform the country for good. Not those who are so driven by acquisitions they are only out for SELF. You see, by YOUTH we mean YOUNG, SELFLESS leaders of the next generation. Not recycled youths who lack empathy for fellow Nigerians.

You had time to type all this rubbish but could not take seconds to read the heading that says Aspirant

Wasted education undecided
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by ipobarecriminals: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
grin dis one. wey. dey plan how he'll loot/steal his own national. cake. See his lips
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Yankiss(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
NaijaMutant:

You had time to type all this rubbish but could not a take seconds to read the heading that says Aspirant

Wasted education undecided
Thank you for your observation. Whether aspirant or a returnee, my aspect remains valid. I do not know the person per se. I am not actually referring to him. I meant that as a case study.
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Lawalemi(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2018
Iranu. Meaning what?
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by missioner(m): 9:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
issorait

Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by veacea: 9:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
Okay now
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by NaijaMutant(f): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:

Thank you for your observation. Whether aspirant or a returnee, my aspect remains valid. I do not know the person per se. I am not actually referring to him. I meant that as a case study.

Still lame undecided
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Yankiss(m): 10:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Still lame undecided

Your headache then. I do not post to impress anyone. I air my opinion which may be flawed or flawless. Thanks anyway.
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by NaijaMutant(f): 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:

Your headache then. I do not post to impress anyone. I air my opinion which may be flawed or flawless. Thanks anyway.

If you don't want people to criticize your opinion, then don't express it. undecided

You're effortlessly defending your poor comprehension skills with poorer ones undecided
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Yankiss(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
NaijaMutant:

If you don't want people to criticize your opinion, then don't express it. undecided

You're effortlessly defending your poor comprehension skills with poorer ones undecided
Lol @ poor comprehension skills. Don't be quick to assume. I am not poor in comprehension.
The web is impersonal, that is the reason for some of these misconceptions. You cannot term me poor in comprehension for a slip. I obviously skimmed the write-up. Apart from the mistake of not seeing aspirant, I am right in all other aspects of my observations, which are obviously generalized and not targeted at the aspirant. I meant, that youths should be defined as not just those within the age range tagged YOUTHS but those who in addition to this requisite, have the future of the youths at heart.
"When we talk about youths, we mean youths with the desire to transform the country for good. Not those who are so driven by acquisitions they are only out for SELF. You see, by YOUTH we mean YOUNG, SELFLESS leaders of the next generation. Not recycled youths who lack empathy for fellow Nigerians. "
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by NaijaMutant(f): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Yankiss:

Lol @ poor comprehension skills. Don't be quick to assume. I am not poor in comprehension.
The web is impersonal, that is the reason for some of these misconceptions. You cannot term me poor in comprehension for a slip. I obviously skimmed the write-up. Apart from the mistake of not seeing aspirant, I am right in all other aspects of my observations, which are obviously generalized and not targeted at the aspirant. I meant, that youths should be defined as not just those within the age range tagged YOUTHS but those who in addition to this requisite, have the future of the youths at heart.
"When we talk about youths, we mean youths with the desire to transform the country for good. Not those who are so driven by acquisitions they are only out for SELF. You see, by YOUTH we mean YOUNG, SELFLESS leaders of the next generation. Not recycled youths who lack empathy for fellow Nigerians. "

Hey!!!

I initially quoted you to draw your attention to the error which you've now admitted. grin

No hard feelings, let's roll on wink
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Yankiss(m): 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Hey!!!

I initially quoted you to draw your attention to the error which you've now admitted. grin

No hard feelings, let's roll on wink

Thank you. You are welcome.
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:21am On Apr 05, 2018
It is noted.
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by tundeport(m): 1:53am On Apr 05, 2018
God ooooo,after they are finished and messup the whole place,they now realise that the youth can form together and started kill all odd thief that weak the country,now they are now using trick to call us and use us to steal again,pls guy open your brain and watch well before taking any action on this our country situation

1 Like

Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by danie09(m): 3:40am On Apr 05, 2018
A
Re: Ogun Rep Aspirant Backs IBB's Call For Youth Participation In Politics by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 05, 2018
tundeport:
God ooooo,after they are finished and messup the whole place,they now realise that the youth can form together and started kill all odd thief that weak the country,now they are now using trick to call us and use us to steal again,pls guy open your brain and watch well before taking any action on this our country situation

They know the day of reckoning is at hand. Imagine Mr. Evil Genius calling on youths. Tufiakwa

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Leaks Picture Of The Place Where Igbos Were Killed From Oyigbo PHOTO / Photos Of The Alaba Buildings Marked For Demolition / One Nigeria: Oil Exploitation Is Regulated; Gold Exploitation Is Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.