Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks (19472 Views)

My Car, Toyota Corolla 2003 Grey Color Stolen In Attempted Kidnap / Choice Of Car, Toyota/honda/benz / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
My first Car would be delivered on Saturday... I don't even know why I'm creating this thread but I am overwhelmed.

I started my driving class about 2weeks ago and I'm close to graduating grin.

I am excited... Errrm so what's next after the car comes... Please don't ignore this post o

Car gurus, just hold my hand and guide me through biko.

My few fears are :

1How would I know when the car needs help?

2,.What would I do if I am stucked in the middle of the road

3.How so I avoid them 'Kazeems'

4.Where would I get affordable competent mechanics

Errrmm... What else sef my heart is just doing gbim gbim angry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
Congratulations. How much did you get it and where? I want to buy too. I love Matrix.
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by AnodaIT(m): 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2018
ThankYouGod:
Congratulations. How much did you get it and where? I want to buy too. I love Matrix.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by SmartToyota(m): 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Congratulations pretty lady on the new whip! More cars & SUVs to your fleet.

Once you get the car cleared, you can scan the car to know if there's any impending problem on the car. Secondly, you definitely need to service the car too like oil change, check timing belt to know if it needs replacement. Just take your time so as not to make much mistakes.

Ps: you can always contact me for your genuine OEM spare parts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by 3kay945(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2018
1. Congratulations
2. Use recommended oil and fluids (don't be like me cool)
3. Be observant, take note of almost everything.
3. Don't drag road grin with danfo, okada, Keke etc guys.

The gurus will add more

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by nurey(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
yettymuse:
My first Car would be delivered on Saturday... I don't even know why I'm creating this thread but I am overwhelmed.

I am excited... Errrm so what's next after the car comes... Please don't ignore this post o

My few fears are :

yoruba has an adage that "pikin wey pour water for ground, go get soft landing"

when you settle me with yoghurt and suya, I would gladly put you through grin

congrats sha

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by sultaan(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
Since you don't have a driving license yet, your primary concern now is how do you drive safely( car can be replaced).

Whoever is getting you the car could have slipped 2 gallons of semiautomatic high mileage oil, filter air filter and some other maintenance part in the car before shipping

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
@OP - Congrats! Send me a customized erotic message via the email address on my profile so that I can tell you what to do & how to manage a situation where a speeding Dangote Trailer might be trying to overtake you on 3rd Mainland Bridge. grin cheesy cry

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by mayor2013: 10:51pm On Apr 04, 2018
Have you rojared the car gurus first angry

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by lilkech(m): 10:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
SmartToyota:
Congratulations pretty lady on the new whip! More cars & SUVs to your fleet.

Once you get the car cleared, you can scan the car to know if there's any impending problem on the car. Secondly, you definitely need to service the car too like oil change, check timing belt to know if it needs replacement. Just take your time so as not to make much mistakes.

Ps: you can always contact me for your genuine OEM spare parts

what if she’s an ugly 57 year old woman? undecided

Op no vex oh.. I been wan just clear something wink enjoy your new ride and treat it like a child

Don’t worry, gurus are coming to add more

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by nakoks(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
yettymuse:

My few fears are :

Congratulations just make sure you use 5W30 synthetic for your oil servicing and get original oil filter.That should last you like 4 to 5 months.Then dont let anyone remove your thermostat and permanent fan.You wont be stuck in the middle of the road,but if you do keep calm and exit vehicle safely then call for help.Affordable and competent mechanics is like looking for 10k room in sheraton.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
1) First thing first read your car manuel,
2)Get a good mechanic a trustworthy one.........there are few people here that seem to be good mechanics contact them and register your car in their clinic e.g Gazzuzz,nurey
3)know your car,pay attention to sounds, vibrations,fuel consumption,smell e.t.c.
4) Please wash your car often.Please wash your car in and out,make it look neat and nice,dont just throw things anywhere(especially on the floor in the drivers seat,bottles droped can get under the brake padel and prevent the brake padel from working)....... that's all i have to say.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by timifakay(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
yettymuse:

My few fears are :

Check engine light will come on.

Get someone to come tow away to safe place. If that's not possible, leave it unlocked an go home with battery and other valuables

State city of residence and we recommend reliable people around you.

Confirm custom papers are genuine and full duty was paid.

Get comprehensive insurance, you are a new driver vehicle will most likely suffer debts and scratches.

Lots of other things which will be revealed after you buy drink and kola for elders...

8 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by 3kay945(m): 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
timifakay:

Check engine light will come on.

Get someone to come tow away to safe place. If that's not possible, leave it unlocked an go home with battery and other valuables

State city of residence and we recommend reliable people around you.

Confirm custom papers are genuine and full duty was paid.

Get comprehensive insurance, you are a new driver vehicle will most likely suffer debts and scratches.

Lots of other things which will be revealed after you buy drink and kola for elders...

Can you pls. explain the bold? Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Macren(f): 10:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
Pls can this product and model of car... Toyota matrix 05 be used for Uber, Taxify and Oga driver?
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
reading through the comment section, I feel like a little child in a candy store. If I start to mention everybody, una ear go begin itch.. I'm super grateful. Thank you Car talk gurus, elders and ancestors.... Na una kolanut be this o...

Thank you and God bless you �.

Pardon my frail hands... Accept this crunchy gesture

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by mayor2013: 11:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ancestors una acceept the kolanut so grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by nurey(m): 12:04am On Apr 06, 2018
yettymuse:
reading through the comment section, I feel like a little child in a candy store. If I start to mention everybody, una ear go begin itch.. I'm super grateful. Thank you Car talk gurus, elders and ancestors.... Na una kolanut be this o...

Thank you and God bless you �.

Pardon my frail hands... Accept this crunchy gesture

I don't think this kolanuts are from your heart, see as they look sprayed with glycophosate grin are you trying to poison the elders, abeg mo yeri, onto other elders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by RZArecta2(m): 5:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Try as much as possible to get comprehensive insurance, don't ignore warning lights on your dash board, use ONLY recommended fluids, ask for clarification on issues first especially here before rushing to any mechanics, don't allow any mechanic use your car for experiment, driving is one mind so no fear. We have proven engineers/mechanics on this forum with a reputation to keep, please use them.

NEVER GIVE YOUR CAR TO YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER. He won't return it that day lai lai.

10 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:34am On Apr 06, 2018
yettymuse:

My few fears are :

firstly appreciate whoever gave it to u.... VERY VERY WELL

if na GOD, appreciate him well..... man nko.... appreciate him wella too.

wen u r thru come back. I'll tell u what to do! don't say u didn't know oh...... I thy no... no dey this one.

u can confirm from kingreign

enough pun intended

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by bravolad(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2018
yettymuse:

My few fears are :

Congratulations on urgent new purchase.

You don't necessarily need to bother about anything yet. But few things you will need to do when the car arrives;

1. Change the engine oil & filter (the engine oil must be 5w-30) you can confirm what engine oil is required by looking at the engine oil cover cap on the engine bay.

2. Check the transmission fluid by pulling the tranny dip stick to see the colour of the fluid. U can type "location of transmission dipstick on Google to point you in the right direction. If it's dark, u will need to replace the fluid.

3. Hope you did a vin report to know the actual state of the car & at what mileage car was shipped to Nigeria? This is very important as it will serve as a guide for timing belt & water pump replacement.

4. You didn't state your location for us to guide you in getting a competent mechanic.

5. Comprehensive Insurance is a necessity just for precaution.

6. Enjoy your ride but pls don't take alcohol & drive.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by timifakay(m): 7:46am On Apr 06, 2018
3kay945:

Can you pls. explain the bold? Thanks

If anyone wants to come and vandalize, locking up will add broken window(s) to list.

11 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by vena92: 6:49am On Apr 10, 2018
Congratulations ma, May GOD in his Infinite Mercies spare you from Accidents and all Troubles, GOD will provide for you to Maintain this one and even buy More Vehicles, to 'dash out' sef. Congratulations.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by computerglobal(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2018
Congrats ma...
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by computerglobal(m): 11:36am On Apr 10, 2018
mayor2013:
Ancestors una acceept the kolanut so grin

You re one of them ba grin
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
@Gazzuz your attention is needed here.. I was asked to service the car before using. What does this cost?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by happney65: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
yettymuse:
@Gazzuz your attention is needed here.. I was asked to service the car before using. What does this cost?

Madam,How much did you get the car?thanks
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello elders and guru, my baby is here

13 Likes

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by timifakay(m): 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
yettymuse:
Hello elders and guru, my baby is here

Congratulations!
Have you contacted Pattybf for registration and number plate?
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by computerglobal(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
timifakay:

Congratulations!
Have you contacted Pattybf for registration and number plate?

Yes sooo

Pattybf oya bring plate no come here grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by mayor2013: 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Just an advice make sure you check your rear differential oil. You have a 4 wheel drive Toyota Matrix there. Congrats again
Re: I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks by aninweze(m): 6:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Cosplay & ipfreely, OP has not posted VIN.
Lol
Good job guys. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / 10 Ways To Save Fuel For Your Car / How To Overcome A Driving Phobia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.