Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle (19094 Views)

On This Day In 1972; Beetle Became The World Best-selling Car / Help Me Build Solar Panel & Invecter / Inverter And Solar Panel Solution To Nigeria Electricity Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by olayus: 7:08am On May 16, 2010
This is incredible, keep it up poster. And to the designer, more grease to ur elbow. cool cool cool cool cool

But e be like say some pple no dey c well, because I no know hw 2 doors and 4 doors take rhyme. Enemy of 9ja's progress, do d same make we c now.Tsewww.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by shilling(f): 7:52am On May 16, 2010
. . . nice.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Slim101(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2010
I'm very impressed. This is the type of attitude we should try to encourage in this country!! Keep it up Oga Panel!!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by ayodot(m): 9:00am On May 16, 2010
This attitude of am nothing then I must run him down won't make is not good and it is rampant on nairaland.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Borat1: 12:01pm On May 16, 2010
The poor man's rolls royce. . .Lol
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 16, 2010
hmmmm classic
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by atilla(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2010
The guy actually tried, modifying it to a four door and then driving it all the way to abuja. I think he deserves support and encouragement and who knows what he can do if given the opportunity to make something better.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by ijcu(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
me ia wondering , ,
a lot .
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by bawomolo(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2010
~Borat~:

The poor man's rolls royce. . .Lol

lol can't knock the hustle
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by cvibe: 8:31pm On May 16, 2010
Nice try.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by yemiprof(m): 8:48pm On May 16, 2010
we hope ds government of ours will encourage this people. gud job. kudos to u. am proud 2 b a Nigerian
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by caadediran(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2010
FHi Guys this is a wonderful work of creativity. This shows that we are blessed in this nations. I love this feat and I do hope more of it will come up in the material tym as things gets on right in our beloved country-Niaja.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by chelseabmw(m): 10:49pm On May 16, 2010
this car is lovely
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by tuwaski: 12:09am On May 17, 2010
wow! that is very creative, cheesy grin
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by eva4wd: 2:32am On May 17, 2010
"Redesigns"? Not to sound too harsh but this fellow didn't exactly produce anything new! Cmon seriously!!, And for those who say he worked with tools at his disposal, cool but "tools at his disposal" will not get us anywhere as a nation. I think it is high time Nigeria started recognising its REAL gems. Will South Africa applaud this?, Dubai, Australia, New Zealand?  We need to stop applauding our own jokes!!!
I will not rest on the setback that while we produce thousands of Chemical, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineers every year that this very thread even made it past the CAPTCHA stage;  instead I will name a renowned Automotive Engineer who grew up and studied in Nigeria and who actually builds cars FROM THE SCRATCH using his own tools and without any government funding!

Bisi Ezerioha.

You DO the googling,

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_0810_bisimoto_engineering/index.html
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by ajadudu: 3:32am On May 17, 2010
eva4wd:

"Redesigns"? Not to sound too harsh but this fellow didn't exactly produce anything new! Cmon seriously!!, And for those who say he worked with tools at his disposal, cool but "tools at his disposal" will not get us anywhere as a nation. I think it is high time Nigeria started recognising its REAL gems. Will South Africa applaud this?, Dubai, Australia, New Zealand?  We need to stop applauding our own jokes!!!
I will not rest on the setback that while we produce thousands of Chemical, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineers every year that this very thread even made it past the CAPTCHA stage;  instead I will name an Automotive Engineer who grew up and studied in Nigeria and who actually builds cars FROM THE SCRATCH using his own tools and without any government funding!

Bisi Ezerioha.

You DO the googling,

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_0810_bisimoto_engineering/index.html

Thank you oh,after reading the link,  the Bisi fella is someone I would give much respect to. Yes Mr. Panel beater tried with his 'luxury' ride  cheesy. He is a motivated chap to take it on himself but that is all he has going for him. If I take cash and go to a mechanic village do you know how many panel beaters I can get that will each produce something as nice or better? Now take cash and look for someone with Bisi's skills! How many u wan find! Mr. Panel Beaters skill is not unique or groundbreaking, period.

I am really shocked at how we praise mediocrity in the name of patriotism and 'let us encourage him'.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by novaman: 4:37am On May 17, 2010
if you have any doubt about this guys skills, then drop some million and ask him to do another one in a different design. even if he copied, i am yet to see a car with just one tyre or plane with one wing, just in case you haters don't know all cars are similar, the difference is very small.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by orisebawo(m): 6:13am On May 17, 2010
This is good news and I hope he will be encouraged, I dont mind buying one but might request for a black colour to give a better colour contrast. grin

I like the bit about the law enforcement agents congratulating him,.

@Ajadudu, you need to take a chill pill, if you dont encourage your child to do better when he comes 10th in his class, you will never see him come first

If anything in my book he comes first for innovation, courage and the tenacity to present his car at the fair,he is not a panel beater, panel beaters don,t think that far ahead and this guy has used all he has to deliver his dream car, whether you like it or not i dont think you will ever drive a car produced by your own hands and use a pen,write on a book, use a mobile phone or watch a tv you personally developed,produced or designed, the nearest you might come to such feat might be eating the eba prepared by yourself grin

you and I are consumers, this wonderful man is a producer. grin
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by suprted(m): 7:09am On May 17, 2010
Nice modding but it's nothing special. People mod cars here all the time.

All the people saying do am now. It's hardly impossible, I have friends who are into this and they certainly aren't engineers or whatever.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by laprince(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2010
who dey complain.it is a commendable effort.if it that easy,try to make your own model of an already existing car.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by roddypiper: 1:51pm On May 17, 2010
VW never ever had a model that looked like that. The one you posted was also modified. secondly, VW never produced a four door Beetle.

Haters, please give the gentlemen the praise and acknowledgement he is due. He earned it!!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nymphnode(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2010
babaowo:

you should have try and copy expensive cars like
ferrari ,astonmatins. lr4 like china people do
nigerians will not patronize you of this old
fashion of your made because they like
competition. good luck good effort.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by member65: 9:27pm On May 17, 2010
we too dey celebrate mediokristie
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by tunene: 11:21pm On May 17, 2010
@ Ajadudu,
I wont want us to look at it as just spraying alone. The car he brought is longer than the model you showed us. He cut the car into two to have space for the two new doors and made a roof for it. He had to increase the length of the chassis and that is where safety issues come in. He wont be the right person to tell us if the car is safe or not, we can only tell by proper structural analysis and loading with time.

@All,

I know the guy has done a good job but really this is not new in Naija. Growing up in Far northern part of the country, in the early 80 to early 90, several panel beaters convert Datsun 120Y, 160K and 140J 2 doors to 4 doors easily for Taxi. Some even relocate the position of the median since the doors of the 2-door cars then were longer than those for 4-doors to create more space for the 2 extra doors.

Sometime ago, a nigerian did something more ingenious but cutting a peaguot 505 and introduced 2 more doors producing a limosine.

For me, I think that is worth celebrating more than this.

Just my opinion, dont crucify me.

One love.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nobody: 7:28am On May 18, 2010
Very similar to the "Volks Royce" Beetle conversions that were produced locally in Lagos in the early '80's.

But it's still a great effort on the part of this local panel beater, his also has the added practicallity of 4 doors. I wish him the best, and hope he gets well-deserved funding to take things further.

And safety should be paramount - increasing the length of a car means the Ackerman angle has also changed. It costs manufacturers billions to get these issues right. This will be a crucial factor in terms of safety in this conversion.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by arseblog(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2010
c as d moto sweet. abeg where i go c am buy?lol
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Falajuro(m): 10:33am On May 18, 2010
cheesy
My guy, you too much! If na America we go say na "love-vendor My Ride".
As e come be our brother now, dem dey say na copy copy, or refurbish.
Make we try Obamanise our thinking small.
This is fantastically obamanic.
Well done bros grin

N.B. Bros no forget to go start your Patent kinikon process O angry before dem thief YOUR Design. Hide your sketches O!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by OlayinkaL: 1:57pm On May 18, 2010
all of u, just like to talk anyhow. what av u created?
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by txxxed(m): 6:25pm On May 18, 2010
eva4wd:

I will not rest on the setback that while we produce thousands of Chemical, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineers every year that this very thread even made it past the CAPTCHA stage;  instead I will name a renowned Automotive Engineer who grew up and studied in Nigeria and who actually builds cars FROM THE SCRATCH using his own tools and without any government funding!

Bisi Ezerioha.

You DO the googling,

This guy is very right. While we commend this man's effort, let us not also forget that the world is moving faster than we Nigerians think it actually is.
India is just a couple of years older than us, but look at what some Indians have been able to do in automobile. Their TATA brand is everywhere in Nigeria. Lets call a spade, a spade.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Pame(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2010
A GOOD JOB IN PLACE. THAT'S TO TELL US THAT WE AV A LOT OF TALENTS UNTAPPED IN NIGERIA. WE WILL GET THERE SOMEDAY
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by doe: 11:11pm On May 18, 2010
How about the below from Augustine Mabasa in south africa smiley

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by AGARIautos: 1:18am On May 19, 2010
ANY INFORMATION ON THIS PANEL BEATER'S CONTACT? WE HAVE A DEAL FOR HIM AND WILLING TO LINK HIM UP TO ACTUALISE THIS POTENTIAL GEOMETRICALLY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot / Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World / Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.